FIFA 14 - Discussion Thread

FIFA 14 releases this month on September 27th... this has been looking good even though Fifa 14 ignite gets all the real goodies..

Demo releases on 10th this month ....

PURE SHOT

Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net.

FIFA14_pure-shot-front.png?cb=2013-06-07T16:20:56+0000
PRECISION MOVEMENT
Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real footballers.

FIFA_feature_precision-front.png?cb=2013-08-20T10:02:02+0000
REAL BALL PHYSICS
Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance or drill low rising shots with accuracy.

FIFA14_real-ball-front.png?cb=2013-06-07T16:20:38+0000
PROTECT THE BALL
Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the tempo of the match.

FIFA14_protect-the-ball-front.png?cb=2013-06-07T16:20:42+0000
TEAMMATE INTELLIGENCE
Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking.
FIFA14_teammate-front.png?cb=2013-06-07T16:20:44+0000
Who is gonna buy this !!!!!!

I've got the demo on PC, looks a fair bit better than 13. Gameplay looks to have slowed down and its looks really hard to pace abuse in this one.

Will make for more tactical gameplay. All in all its a good thing :).

Though its 2500 and 3500 for the PC and consoles :dead:... That a heeluva lot to throw down.

What bugs me is that EA is not gonna include some next-gen features that are coming on the PS4 and Xbone on the PC.. :( Not like it cant handle it or anything.

Sorry, RANT over.

What's up with the sky-high PC price, especially given that is won't include the next-gen features? Just downloaded the demo for the PS3 though, it does feel a bit slowed-down compared to 13.

The game is a good kind of slow. It doesn't feel Arcady anymore like the previous games which is awesome.

Definite buy for me.

What's up with the sky-high PC price, especially given that is won't include the next-gen features? Just downloaded the demo for the PS3 though, it does feel a bit slowed-down compared to 13.

EA increased all the prices for their PC games some time back.

Does the absence of the Ignite Engine in the PC version mean that it is pretty much the same as FIFA 13, or are there some noticeable improvements?

Ah, with age I have matured and have learned to be more patient ;)
Even flipkart delivered my preordered FIFA 13 five days late. I only need to stay away from forums, once it releases, to curb the itching. Let me see if i have some discount coupons lying around.

Ah, with age I have matured and have learned to be more patient ;)
Even flipkart delivered my preordered FIFA 13 five days late. I only need to stay away from forums, once it releases, to curb the itching. Let me see if i have some discount coupons lying around.

Why dont you give game4u or intencity a try?

They do deliver a tad bit quicker imo.

Ah, just looking for a deal. The first ebay listing is >500 INR cheaper than the official prices now. To get the game on the release date I can always pick up a copy from the local store directly.

Ugh, the AI is quite weird in the game. Sometimes its brilliant - other times it just simply sucks. 13 had a more consistent AI. Also, wtf is with the passing and first touches in the game ? So damn horrible. And the Deadline day transfers havent been updated yet :/
Though movement and shooting have been improved. Tackling is so-so (gives yellow cards for rough, but legal, tackles :/ )

PS - Ibra is feckin brilliant in the game, almost unplayable :)

Ugh, the AI is quite weird in the game. Sometimes its brilliant - other times it just simply sucks. 13 had a more consistent AI. Also, wtf is with the passing and first touches in the game ? So damn horrible. And the Deadline day transfers havent been updated yet :/
Though movement and shooting have been improved. Tackling is so-so (gives yellow cards for rough, but legal, tackles :/ )

PS - Ibra is feckin brilliant in the game, almost unplayable :)

in FIFA 13, my players would never run after a ball after a goal-kick from the opposing goalie. This pissed me off as by the time I could see where the ball was heading, an opposing player was already (getting) there. I could not find any setting that changed this behaviour. Is it the same in FIFA 14? Is there any improvement in the waiting time between substitutions?

That is slightly improved, yes (but i may be wrong. I'll play some more and tell you by tomorrow). But no major changes.

Oh, and every team presses quite a bit in this game so passing needs to be spot on

Got mine yesterday! :)

1376485_10201701728281294_1364906594_n.jpg

Back