CPU/Mobo Final Suggestions

Hello all gurus

thank you very much for helping me in deciding my pc i am posting my final configuration which i am buying tomarrow. please se and tell that all the things are fine or not.

c2d e8400
asus maximus formula :bleh:
xfx 8800GT
cooler master 600w
transcend 1gb x 2

all other things i have
i am waiting for you all........

Everything looks alright except your choice of PSU and RAM.:)

Corsair VX450w is a much more reliable Power supply.

As for the RAM, Corsair XMS2 is a good option if your budget permits.

This point has been raised a million times in TE and many other forums....

VX450 watts is not max 450 watts...its max is around 570 watts....

while CM 600 is max 600 watts...

VX 450 is 80% efficient

VX450 can been used with 8800 GTS and 8000GT overclocked Core 2 duo systems with 4 HDDS and lots of fans connected...

Its dead silent....

Best is its 80% effiecient....CM 600 is not...

if u wanna buy cooler master buy the iGreen 600W...whiich is 7k.....why do u think it is 7k with same rating

ronnie_gogs said:
This point has been raised a million times in TE and many other forums....

VX450 watts is not max 450 watts...its max is around 570 watts....
while CM 600 is max 600 watts...

VX 450 is 80% efficient

VX450 can been used with 8800 GTS and 8000GT overclocked Core 2 duo systems with 4 HDDS and lots of fans connected...

Its dead silent....

Best is its 80% effiecient....CM 600 is not...
if u wanna buy cooler master buy the iGreen 600W...whiich is 7k.....why do u think it is 7k with same rating

i am considering this one fro cooler master
Cooler Master

YES... Corsair VX450 is more effecient. it has a conservative wattage rating, meaning it can offer more than actually 450watts.. it comes with damn good warranty. it is cheap. and it is totally worth the money you'll be plonking down on it.

if you would bother to just search out for corsair vx450 on this forum you'll find tonnes of threads which have discussed the merits of the corsair nd the demerits of the cm600.

jus get the 450..

hey man i use corsair vx 450w its brilliant and is almost noise less i have the sam card that u have an xfx8800gt so if u have the card i strongly suggest u to get vx450w its cheap and is very efficient dont worry about the the 450w rating i have been using the smps since december and i have no problem.go with corsair

Corsair 450VX is BETTER than CM 600W eXtreme Power becoz

* it is more stable, runs cooler and make less noise

* it promises 396W (33amps) of power on a SINGLE +12V rails and delivers it. In comparison CM 600W promises 432W (33amps) on two +12V rails and often may not deliver it

* It is compliant with 2.2 ATX 12V form factor as compared to CM600W that is compliant with 2.01 ATX 12V form factor

* it uses quality components whereas CM600W cuts corners to save some money

* it has efficiency rating of more than 80% as compared to CM600W's 70%

* Supports Active Power Factor Correction where as CM one supports only Passive PFC

I think we ought to make it sticky!!!!

Thanks to all for brillent suggessions.'

went to nehru place today , asus maximus formula is unavailable , it will be available only after a week.insted they had suggested abit ix38 quad gt.

what is your pick ???

go with abit or wait a week fo asus and there is a price diff. of 3.5 k between the two !!!
waiting ...........

Jaspreetrattan said:
Thanks to all for brillent suggessions.'

went to nehru place today , asus maximus formula is unavailable , it will be available only after a week.insted they had suggested abit ix38 quad gt.

what is your pick ???

go with abit or wait a week fo asus and there is a price diff. of 3.5 k between the two !!!
waiting ...........

You ought to know it yourself... you are buying a high-end mobo that costs a lot of money (comparatively) and that will open up tons of options to you. So I believe you must be in need these options and know what you can do with them. If this is indeed the case, wait for a week and then get the Maximus.

If you don't need the features and over-clocking stability offered by Maximus, you may very well go for Abit-IP35 pro, and invest the savings to buy a 9800GTX instead of 8800GT or even better 4Gb of good DDR2 RAM from OCZ/Patriot/Corsair instead of generic transcend modules

Back