Monitors Final take, 22" LCD: Dell 228WFP vs Viewsonic 2235WM/2255WMB

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been beat to death before but...I'm finally thinking of taking Raghu's offer. The Dell 228WFP at 15.5k is just too good a deal right now. I don't see it dropping to 12k levels till 6 months at least and now is as good as ever.

Having said that, I called up Roop Elec. (Mumbai) for prices on the Viewsonic 22" pair and he's quoted 17k for the 2235 and 19.5k for the 2255WMB. So, a few queries:

1) Which one is better overall for color reproduction between the 3? (I know TN panels aren't the best for this but I do not want a smaller 20" nor can I afford a 24")

2) Which one is the best for gaming/movies? Which is also the brightest of the lot?

3) I'd seen a comparo-review on 22" LCDs a few months back, can't find it now. Any help? :(

4) Which one scales better for lower resolutions? Am running a poor lil X700 right now and would be upgrading to a 8800GTS or higher in the nxt 6 months, but for now which scales better for games.

5) Any other options I should be looking at, at this price point of 16-18k?

Thanks,
Payne

You know everyone's been praising the dell panel. But I tested both of these some 3-4 months back and found the viewsonic to be a little better. Although to be honest colour rendition was equally sucky on both the vx2235wm has a slightly better contrast ratio IMO, its also the brighter of the two panels.

Dell does have a better build quality though, so its right down the middle on this one.

15.5k plus shipping will bring it closer to viewsonic price..

You dont have to wait close to 3 weeks to get the Viewsonic...

Back