Finally a Full HD Monitor :P

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
So, I've been thinking about big screen gaming since a long time, already have a 40" Samsung but since I prefer PC gamin to a PS3, dragging along my cabby to the TV everytime I wanted to play was a big PITA :p So decided to do away with my present 22" Viewsonic (which goes to the backup rig) and got this as my primary monitor :eek:hyeah:

p1040915resize.jpg

p1040930resize.jpg

p1040931resize.jpg

p1040936resize.jpg

So far no problems with the text (connected througn HDMI) just did a few basic tweaks, yet to calibrate it perfectly. Got a S - Panel and so far it's great. Since I've already had great experience with Samsung , decided to stick with it :D ... excuse the poor quality of the pics, were taken on auto mode in a hurry :p

For those who don't get it, it's a 32" Samsung C530 ;)

Wow, congrats man...... I hope you sit at a comfortable distance away........BFBC2 never looked so good...... Congo again

Sexy man(Not only the girl, but also your monitor)!

(1) Please tell me the maximum resolution of your TV?

(2) Also, this is a TV right?

(3) Is it possible to use a TV as a monitor?

(4) Isn't 32" too big for a monitor?

Please respond to all my questions.

Thanks in advance dude.

Happy HD computing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Oh, yeah, I've got two more questions for you.

(6) How much did it cost and where did you purchase it from?

(7) Is it a LED monitor or a LCD monitor? If it is a LED monitor,

(a) Is it a LED backlit monitor or a pure LED monitor?

Thanks in advance and thanks very much for your patience.

Cheers.

Woah ! Congrats !! :D .Next to next jugheads meet sponsored by Xfactor :D . Incase you are wondering who is sponsoring the next one - Viralbug :rofl:..

I am not sure... why are you putting so much stress on "Full HD Monitor"...
Yeah it is Full HD, and so are the rest of the monitors supporting 1920x1080
Multi Function Monitor - P2370MS - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG
SyncMaster
It is not a monitor, it is a TV...
The picture quality of Series 5 is much much worse than a comparable Sony Bravia, check that out in amy showroom...
In the specification it is not mentioned whether it is TN or IPS

And last but not the least... FullHD is thing of the past... Embrace the future beyond Full HD...
Dell U2711 UltraSharp 27 inch LCD Monitor
This monster delivers Ultrasharp 2560 x 1440 resolution approximately 1.5 times higher than LCD....
If you were serious about PC gaming you would have chosen this monster (monitor/TV)

A sincere peice of advice... TVs are not optimized for close range viewing and take a toll on your eyes when watched from close quaters...

^The Samsung C530 has a S-PVA panel if I recall right. With regard to the Sony Bravia comparison, you probably are saying that because you saw the 2 LCDs side-by-side at some showroom and judged them? The Samsung LCDs require a lot of calibration and once done systematically, this TV can easily equal or even better the Bravia LCDs with the BE3. Which comparable Bravia are you referring to here btw?

As for the 2560 x 1440 resolution, you do realise you are going to need the best GPU to drive games to those resolutions?

Desecrator said:
^The Samsung C530 has a S-PVA panel if I recall right. With regard to the Sony Bravia comparison, you probably are saying that because you saw the 2 LCDs side-by-side at some showroom and judged them? The Samsung LCDs require a lot of calibration and once done systematically, this TV can easily equal or even better the Bravia LCDs with the BE3. Which comparable Bravia are you referring to here btw?

We have to set the standards for comparision, and while purchasing a new TV one compares the VIVID mode. The rest of the calibrations can be done in all TV so it is pointless to argue for calibrations
For my bedroom i am using KLV-32EX600 : EX600 Series : BRAVIA and while purchasing I saw the comparable Samsung / LG / others... and the final deciding point was the white... white was actually pure white on Sony and cream / off-white of samsung / lg ....

Desecrator said:
^As for the 2560 x 1440 resolution, you do realise you are going to need the best GPU to drive games to those resolutions?
I am not sure what is the criteria for BEST GPU... a 6k graphics card with DX11 supports this Asus EAH5670/DI/1GD5 Graphic Card
And if you are ready to sacrifice DX11 and drop back to DX10 a 2.5k card is sufficient Asus EAH4350 SILENT/DI/1GD2 Card

otherneo said:
We have to set the standards for comparision, and while purchasing a new TV one compares the VIVID mode. The rest of the calibrations can be done in all TV so it is pointless to argue for calibrations

For my bedroom i am using KLV-32EX600 : EX600 Series : BRAVIA and while purchasing I saw the comparable Samsung / LG / others... and the final deciding point was the white... white was actually pure white on Sony and cream / off-white of samsung / lg ....
And you have paid close to 15k more for that extra whiteness over the cream for your new EX600? I for one will never pay so much for a 32 inch LCD for a mere LED backlit panel. :)

otherneo said:
I am not sure what is the criteria for BEST GPU... a 6k graphics card with DX11 supports this Asus EAH5670/DI/1GD5 Graphic Card

And if you are ready to sacrifice DX11 and drop back to DX10 a 2.5k card is sufficient Asus EAH4350 SILENT/DI/1GD2 Card

And with these GPUs, you presume you can run games at resolutions > full-HD? A 5870/GTX480 can barely keep up with >40 fps at full-HD resolutions and AA turned on. And we are talking of GPUs worth 20k+ quid!

I think now you are taking a detour...
Just think for a moment... How does the title "Finally a Full HD Monitor :p" sound in 2010 (along with the post)... it would have been a great post in 2007 and a good post in 2008... but beyond that its just lame...

Desecrator said:
And you have paid close to 15k more for that extra whiteness over the cream for your new EX600? I for one will never pay so much for a 32 inch LCD for a mere LED backlit panel. :)
OP never mentioned the price... so do I... so how did you came up with 15K....
And if you call TRUE WHITE and LED BACKLIT as MERE I can't argue... But if these are mere... what is stunning?

Desecrator said:
And with these GPUs, you presume you can run games at resolutions > full-HD? A 5870/GTX480 can barely keep up with >40 fps at full-HD resolutions and AA turned on. And we are talking of GPUs worth 20k+ quid!
Even if you are unable to play games in resolution beyond 1080p now, in future you will be...
FullHD >40fps & AA == 20K+ GPU applies to OPs monitor as well...
The point here is... the dell monster can do everything this so called stunning monitor(TV) can do... and the dell monster does it better and bigger...

otherneo said:
Even if you are unable to play games in resolution beyond 1080p now, in future you will be...
The point here is... the dell monster can do everything this so called stunning monitor(TV) can do... and the dell monster does it better and bigger...
The dell monster does it bigger and better IF you have 40-50k to blow on a xfire/sli setup. you do realize that.. right?
Gannu said that those cards struggle at > FullHD. not at FullHD.

A 5870 should easily be able to drive games at FullHD.

Also, why the hatred? So you think the op's purchase is not l33t enough for you. So what? you don't HAVE to post here and try to ruin it for him..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
quid = the pound sterling
quid != any currency you wish it was

stalker said:
The dell monster does it bigger and better IF you have 40-50k to blow on a xfire/sli setup. you do realize that.. right?

So we are talking about using the maximum setting for Dell U2711... If you do not have the sufficient horsepower to drive this monster... you can always fall back to 1920x1080 for games and even with this Dell will outperform the OPs TV....

stalker said:
Gannu said that those cards struggle at > FullHD. not at FullHD.

A 5870 should easily be able to drive games at FullHD.

My apologies... i misinterpreted the "greater than sign" as a mere "arrow indicator"...

Congrats Xfactor. how much did u get it for? The S-PVA panel is better suited for gaming than a IPS Panel.

otherneo said:
I think now you are taking a detour...
You are the one who initiated a detour here by suggesting that a 27" Dell monitor is better suited
Just think for a moment... How does the title "Finally a Full HD Monitor :p" sound in 2010 (along with the post)... it would have been a great post in 2007 and a good post in 2008... but beyond that its just lame...
This specifically makes complete sense cuz in India just a month back a few of the Cable/Digital TV Providers started providing a few 720p channels. So yes it would have been wiser to buy FULL HD Tvs in 2007 when everything was in SD

OP never mentioned the price... so do I... so how did you came up with 15K....
And if you call TRUE WHITE and LED BACKLIT as MERE I can't argue... But if these are mere... what is stunning?
A complete LED Backlit TV would be stunning as opposed to a Edge Lit LED TV that you have.

A dell monitor does what better? Would he able to watch TV at that resolution? Dell Monitor is 27" and this is 32". If you learnt maths in school you can clearly make out which is bigger.
Unless u watch Milk Packets on your TV i dont see a reason why u would choose a TV based on the color White.

Back