Finally computing for me goes Mobile !!!

abbY

Skilled
Hey Guys, I am getting these from the US, , will be arriving on the 30th.

Sony Vaio VGN-FW-290JQB ~48k

SONY SRS-BTM30 Stereo Bluetooth Speakers *FREE with notebook:clap: worth $99.

Case Logic Black 17" ~2k got it to transport the stuff

Dlink DIR-615 Wifi router supporting 802.11 b/g/n ~2k

Laptop+Carry Case+Bluetooth Speakers+WI-Fi router = Total Rs52,800.

I had got all these last week when the $ was still a bit high .. still seems OK since the overall costs compared to India is much less

Sony Vaio VGN-FW-290JQB Specs

P8400 3MB cache @2.26 GHz SuperPI 1M in 20.9secs

2 X 2GB = 4GB DDR2 800MHz ram

ATI HD 3650 DX 10.1 512MB Graphics

250GB 5400rpm SATA HDD

16.4"" Screen Aspect Raio 16:9

DVD-RW

Ports HDMI / Firewire / 3 X USB / VGAout / RJ 45 / RJ 15 connectors.

Speakers Sample Images from www ... box not yet opened.

wow man ,the speakers look slick ,and nice config of the laptop ,16.4 inch screen and the graphics card looks promising.Congrats :clap: :clap:

hi mate nice one there is this the same one selling on newegg for 900 bucks ? let me know asap i want to order as well. i dint know it was the full hd one for 900 bucks let me know cheers... thanks again and enjoy

jesal said:
hi mate nice one there is this the same one selling on newegg for 900 bucks ? let me know asap i want to order as well. i dint know it was the full hd one for 900 bucks let me know cheers... thanks again and enjoy

It was $949 the week I purchased it, its not the one with full HD.

Wonderful lappy fr that price and its made even more wonderful with those speakers.. u sure are having a very merry christmas!! Congrats!!

jesal said:
bro it mentions FULL HD clearly mate u sure ?????
It isn't the HD version.

The screen I have is the X-BRITE ECO with a native res of 1600 X 900, aspect ratio 16:9. My friend in the US was watching a couple movies and he told me that there was no stretching and and no black bands. :clap:

There is a version in the FW series with X-BRITE-HD screen supporting 1920 X 1080. But it is very expensive.

difference between X-BRITE HD and X-BRITE ECO is apart from the number of pixels the X-BRITE HD has two lamps in the screen for uniform lighting, but I didn't need that ...besides I had to stick to my budget. My friend who has this lappy with him at the moment has told me that this screen is exceptionally good too.

The "FULL HD" Sticker on the lappy indicates that it supports connection to a HD screen via the HDMI port.

THe battery last for approx 2.5Hrs in vaio optimized mode (screen max | performance half).

Check this ... price of this lappy jacked up to $1149 .. i got it for $949 and last week it was $899

welcome to TE after a long time man....thats uber cool abhi....just superb..put a review when u have free time under ur belt.........also wishing u a Prosperous 2009 to u and ur family...:hap2: :hap2: ...

yea just checked its not up again ill wait for the downfall or get one from india itself. ghrrrr. in india the same this is for 80k. what a ripoff this country is really

Balkazzaar said:
welcome to TE after a long time man....thats uber cool abhi....just superb..put a review when u have free time under ur belt.........also wishing u a Prosperous 2009 to u and ur family...:hap2: :hap2: ...

Thank You Dude .. wish you and your family the same.

jesal said:
yea just checked its not up again ill wait for the downfall or get one from india itself. ghrrrr. in india the same this is for 80k. what a ripoff this country is really

I check out Sony Style store .. similar config but with 2GB ram (mine has 4GB) and a ATI HD3470 128MB (mine is a HD3650 512MB) costs Rs70K (got mine for 48k with those buletooth speakers free). That just says it all.

Back