Finally Got It !

Deepcee

Disciple
Ok...I've never been one to show off. Kinda hypocritical i'm posting on this thread but :)...just thought I'd tell you(show you later...pics to come) that i got my new rig a few days..actually its been a week.
Three months in the making and I finally decided to wait till I moved to Blore. Thanks to all the guys on here who helped me out with some queries I had. anyway moving on...heres what i got.

Proc: Intel E 6600 --stock
Motherboard : XfX 680i LT
RAM: 2x1 GB Transcend @ 667 Mhz
Graphics Card : XfX 8800 GTS 640 MB--stock
Power supply : Corsair HX620 (thank you TE) :)
Cabinet: Antec 900
Sound Card : Creative Xfi Xtreme Music
Speakers : Logitech x-530(I know...will do for now)
what else....
Keyboard/mouse...pretty Meh...dont need anything fancy for now.
UPS : APC 650 va
seems bout it...dont think am missing anything. haven't updated any of the drivers yet. Just loaded the ones that came with hardware.
Did get GRAW for free with the GC :)
Don't have a net connection yet so holding off on updating the drivers.
But GRAW is stable running at Max settings.

PS- could use some feedback on the best drivers for the graphics card and anything else I might need to do.
And for those of you who read my introduction thread....feels good to not wait 10 minutes for your PC to boot up :)

RiO said:
You sound like a happy man - congrats. Bringing all that stuff to Bangalore? :)

Well I got it after I moved here...So yeah. It already is here. Got a new home in Blore. Love it here :)
Here being Bangalore.
I knew i forgot something.

Monitor : Samsung 798 MB Plus.... Didnt go the LCD way for now. CRT will do :)
Optical Drive : LG H42N

thebanik said:
Congrats on the purchase....but u shud have gone for the LCD...makes hell of a showoff statement....:tongue:

True...But I was a couple of grand short :)
I didnt wanna be too hassled with dead pixels and the hooda hadda and the blah blah blah...lol...just went the easy way.
Prolly get it later.
If i plan to go SLI :)

Congrats man !! Awesome setup there !!

But you wont be able to put it to full use because of the small monitor. All games at 1024 x 768 will hardly stress the PC :p

Nikhil said:
Congrats man !! Awesome setup there !!

But you wont be able to put it to full use because of the small monitor. All games at 1024 x 768 will hardly stress the PC :p

Well i can run them at 1280x1024....thats good enough for me. Besides.. If Crysis brings her down I might need to tone it down to 1024x768 :)

The monitors max res. is 1280x1024. Plenty fine :)
didnt wanna be stuck with a LCD with 1600x1400 native resolution and not be able to play it at that. I mean newer games :)

Chief-Techie said:
nice rig mate !! nice set up

wr did u get this from ? ...break up of costs would help

Got it from a place at SP road... Didnt go to a lot of places there. I didnt mind a minor price difference. I'm not home right now so dont have the prices of everything but here is what i remember.

Graphics card- 24 K
Motherborad - 10 K...or was it 11K ?

well overall...it cost me 99 K with tax.
Probably could have gotten some stuff cheaper but I was fine with it.

I personally love the cabinet. 200 mm fan does wonders.

Update- prices. ( Without VAT:mad: )
Intel E 6600 - 9700
XfX 680i LT - 11200
2x1 GB Transcend @ 667 Mhz - 3300
XFX 8800 GTS 640 MB - 24550
Corsair HX620 - 7800
Antec 900 - 8400
Creative Xfi Xtreme Music - 7100
Logitech x-530 - 4800
APC 650 va - 2900
Samsung 798MB Plus - 5750
LG H42N - 1400