Finally got some decent internet

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
So a guy moved out of our house and took the internet connection with him. sigh.

Ordered a new connection. Image below is from the confirmation mail we recieved.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

Dunno what it is? See the link below:

StarHub- Broadband - plan - MaxOnline Ultimate Plus

i hope im not spoiling the party but those numbers look suspiciously like "max supported speeds" 7.2 mbps is standard HSDPA i think...

do check actual speeds via speedtest.net kind of site then we'll drool :p

edit: in fact the FAQ link says "upto 100 mbps" ... typical lingo

oO, we need something like that here.

congrats :)

100Mbps for home and 7.2 Mbps for mobile. wonder if it will come in our country in the next 5 years.

6pack said:
oO, we need something like that here.

congrats :)
100Mbps for home and 7.2 Mbps for mobile. wonder if it will come in our country in the next 5 years.
I doubt it will even come here in the next 50 yrs also.....this is India u know!!!

You better dont come back to india after having such internet connx....lol

bugger you should have got on contract with freebies :p

they usually give netbook free for these plans

and dont be fooled with the 7.2mbps mobile wala as either or them will work at a given time :p as they both have common ip

now you gotta get wireless n router....lol

thetoxicmind said:
Second that ! :p

Starhub is most reputed company in Singapore for Telecommunication and Internet Services, you can say kinda Airtel in India.
So all the services are indeed good well to be honest they dont have FUP crap over there which itself is good.

Speedtest is usually done with local server so its really does not justify even if he gets 100mbps :tongue:

archish said:
Starhub is most reputed company in Singapore for Telecommunication and Internet Services, you can say kinda Airtel in India.

So all the services are indeed good well to be honest they dont have FUP crap over there which itself is good.

Speedtest is usually done with local server so its really does not justify even if he gets 100mbps :tongue:

MaxOnline Ultimate Plus Access Plan that provides up to 100Mbps (100,000Kbps) of download speed and upload speed of up to 10Mbps (10,000Kbps) and free mobile broadband service that provides up to 7.2Mbps of download speed and upload speed of up to 1.9Mbps. MaxOnline Ultimate Plus Access Plan is provided by StarHub Online Pte Ltd (Reg. No. 200501897Z);

Still.

Actual proof of speed helps in this case, atleast for a show-off ;)

okay will post some screenies once i get the connection :p

anyways I used to dload 30 od gigs everyday with the 8Mbps conn. wonder what numbers i can dload with 100Mbps :p so really i aint too bothered if i dont get full speeds. my lappy has stupid wireless G, so its imited to 50Mbps :ashamed:

SunnyBoi said:
okay will post some screenies once i get the connection :p

anyways I used to dload 30 od gigs everyday with the 8Mbps conn. wonder what numbers i can dload with 100Mbps :p so really i aint too bothered if i dont get full speeds. my lappy has stupid wireless G, so its imited to 50Mbps :ashamed:

Around 375GB/day !? :p

You'll need to do some HDD shopping.

Back