Finally Motorola can have my money

Shripad

ex-Mod
Well, finally the rigid motorola budged sometime back and now the bootloader can be unlocked. So for the first time Motorola's flagship android made me give it a try.

Got this Atrix 4G few days back to continue my obsession with trying out different droids.

Got it unlocked just minutes back, rooted, unlocked, sideloading enabled and custom kernel flashed.

Lets see how things work out ;)

This is also special, my 10th Android :eek:hyeah:

p1020688r.jpg

p1020690n.jpg

p1020691t.jpg

p1020692j.jpg

p1020696x.jpg

p1020697l.jpg

p1020698l.jpg

p1020699t.jpg

p1020700l.jpg

p1020701y.jpg

congrats shripad,

can you post short and sweet review of it??

how much speed you get on hsdpa of airtel?

hows signal strength?

pratikb said:
congrats shripad,

can you post short and sweet review of it??

how much speed you get on hsdpa of airtel?

hows signal strength?
Lets see. I am going to start going previews / short reviews of some products again as and when I get time. I actually want to do an article about different ecosystems as for the first time I have android, WP7, iOS, WebOS, MeeGo devices with me. So might do a short review of this along with that.

Airtel HSDPA speeds depend a lot on location. At my home its around 1.8mbps. Seen it as high as 2.3mbps. At the same time as low as 600-700kbps in areas like Andheri / malad region in Mumbai.

Most of the times its above 1.6mbps.

About damages, I got it off ebay auction from a reputed seller. I didnt want to risk buying this 2nd hand or slightly used as I am anal about phone condition and even micro scratches. The phone + travel charger + case + car charger for $395.

$20 for carrier unlocking and $34 for shipping. Around 21.2k inclusive of everything.

Not bad deal considering most of the auctions of retail box packed phones are still going in $430-460 range.

agantuk said:
I love the camera :p

Oh, and the phone too :D btw, what did you do to the previous 9 Androids?
Sold them. Still have couple here with me.

Just sold my secondary phone as planning to use WP7 Focus as my second device.

To be honest, 1.47 SAR does not worry me. I usually carry phone in hand most of the times and on desk / car dash or door pocket otherwise. I dont carry it in pocket much and my phone calls are rarely more than 1-2 minute at a time. And the US SAR rating is averaged over 1gm of tissue and not 10 like EU standard.

@RS4, Picture is better than 100 words.

p1020702nr.jpg

p1020703q.jpg

p1020704n.jpg

Good going Shripad, so the OSF is sold eh !!

Shripad said:
Lets see. I am going to start going previews / short reviews of some products again as and when I get time. I actually want to do an article about different ecosystems as for the first time I have android, WP7, iOS, WebOS, MeeGo devices with me. So might do a short review of this along with that.

Looking forward to this :).

@shripad: a pre minus :) webos is a nice os but it lacks quality hardware,hope HP releases a slab version instead of sticking with just two sliders.

RS4 said:
@shripad: a pre minus :) webos is a nice os but it lacks quality hardware,hope HP releases a slab version instead of sticking with just two sliders.
Yeah definitely. The problem is, the slider mechanism is not even the best one out there. Sub10k phones from samsung has better, more fluid slider mechanism. But thats entire different things. WebOs UI is very interesting once you get to spend some time with it. Can be very frustrating until then though.

@hellgate, I have MeeGo on N900 and an unreleased device which everyone has seen. Just cant post picture of it for next 15-20 days as I am having access to it through a person who might get in trouble at this moment and device is marked and can be traced. :p

Shripad sir congrats.

Is that palm cdma or gsm ? have heard very interesting review from my cozin. Its very addictive os once you get used to it.

cisco_tech said:
Shripad sir congrats.

Is that palm cdma or gsm ? have heard very interesting review from my cozin. Its very addictive os once you get used to it.
Its CDMA. Havent activated it yet. But talked with reliance and they are ready to activate this on their network. Just getting feel of it for last few days.

Back