Finally... my new gaming rig is born

madcrazyboys

Disciple
after 2 months of speculation n confusion, whether it shd be

i7 920 config or i5 750... bought the below onessssss

i5 750 (compromised on 920, jus coz me planning to get nother 5850 soon and using the money tht i saved b buying 750)

gigabyte P55 UD2 (cldnt find anyother gigabyte 55 chipset motherboard :mad: )

corsair 2*2gb 1333MHz (corsair 1600MHz voltage is 1.65 whereas mobo supported only 1.5 :no: , so first time ever compromised on clock for the brand name Corsair )

TX 750

Sapphire HD 5850

Current Planning: trying to find n download any game thts a DX11 game :eek:hyeah:

Future Plan: planning to get nother 5850 in two months :cool2:

though things are bought and in use, just for the record wanted to know, will there be any HUGE and i mean HUGE diff in HD gaming FPS between 920 with 1600 clock ram...? :huh: (though I find 5850 cracks almost all at max and gives me a min of 60+ fps at max settings...)

EDIT:

PICS: Picasa Web Albums - nurA - Dolly 2

yea ll post pics soon... aint taking pic yet, coz me gotta get a new cabinet coz the old aint holding the PSU -_-

hey, any idea whether CM 690 fits well for it?
or whats the cabinet u plannin to get?

No there will not be any HUGE noticable difference between your rig & 920 + 1600MHz Ram..

I've just read somewhere that core i7 920 are 10-15% faster than the i5 750..

so,you've bought a complete VFM rig that will last for long..

Add another 5850 & make it a Beast that is capable of playing any game in the market with full resolution & all other features turned ON..

Congratulations For your New Rig..

Please Post some pictures of it..

2 years n ur rig wil start crying:)... nways congrats on ur new pc.. buy zebrionics gaming cabin.. tey r very good range fm 900 to 17000 bucks :).. Y always cooler master... zeb wil sefinetly provied u the class.. if ur spending 6k u wil get black hawk fm zeb itz awesome.. these r top notch cabins never before seen in india...

hey, any idea whether CM 690 fits well for it?

or whats the cabinet u plannin to get?

I guess it should. And yes I am getting the Corsair TX650 and the CM 690 cabinet. I was thinking of the CM 690 II but its a little too costly. But I guess the 750W should fit too...Do they differ in size?...

vijayallenraj said:
I guess it should. And yes I am getting the Corsair TX650 and the CM 690 cabinet. I was thinking of the CM 690 II but its a little too costly. But I guess the 750W should fit too...Do they differ in size?...

all PSUs will fit in CM 690 even if its HX 1000, I think wolverinne has HX 100 in 690.

Pics please!

You cannot add 1 more HD 5850 in crossfire on that mobo...Not that it doesnt have 2 PCIe x16 slot but the 2nd slot runs at x4(roughly the same speed as an AGP x8 slot) all the time...So it would be useless running a HD 5850 in that slot as the graphics card would be totally crippled by that low speed...

@gkay09: i checked the spec, the second slot runs at 8x n nt 4x.. but still ur point is rite... -_-

my current plan was to build a rig dat ll play games @ HD wid full settings, so compromised on mobo n proccy for the moment... nways have a plan to replace the mobo n proccy once i9 comes n prices drop after a year (wink wink)

reg pics:

need to buy the cabinet bros... using the old zebronics cabinet wid psu sitting outside the cabi :-D

ll get CM690 this sat and ll post pics...

any one going to sp road this sat...?

vijayallenraj said:

Combination of CM690 + TX650 is PITA when it comes to cable management..
so,i'll suggest you to rather get a Modular PSU..
if you can't live without neat & clean cable management..
i'm not saying it can't be done.. Yes,it can be but it's very hard..
coz i completed mine in about 6 Long Hours :ashamed:

kaneunderground said:
2 years n ur rig wil start crying:)... nways congrats on ur new pc.. buy zebrionics gaming cabin.. tey r very good range fm 900 to 17000 bucks :).. Y always cooler master... zeb wil sefinetly provied u the class.. if ur spending 6k u wil get black hawk fm zeb itz awesome.. these r top notch cabins never before seen in india...

2 years is such a long time..Tech changes daily.

@ OP congratz good decision :)

Back