Finally the Android Tablet I wanted ... Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Aercy

Patron
Hi guys I just bought my first Tablet the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 last Saturday. It's an amazing device with great features that is beyond a doubt worth every penny I spent. Here are some pictures taken with my LG Optimus One,

img188.jpg

img188.jpg

img190f.jpg

img191oe.jpg

img193n.jpg

img195b.jpg

img196s.jpg

img197p.jpg

img198k.jpg

img199v.jpg

img201s.jpg

img203k.jpg

img205.jpg

img206.jpg

Damages: 32k
Bought from: Asus Exclusive Store, Kolkata

Congratulation aercy on purchasing Asus Eee Pad Transformer Tablet. Also what better way to take photos of an Android from an Android :)

techpal said:
Congrats.Did it came with honeycomb 3.2 stock or u updated it?

It came 3.1 but the moment it identified my home wifi it updated to 3.2 itself :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Shripad said:
What does the serial number of the tablet begins with?

Is it B6xxxxxxx or B7xxxxxx ?

B7xxxxxxxxxx ... 3.0 was B6xxxxxx I suppose.

^^Nope. They refer to hardware revisions of the tablet! B6XX were manufactured in June (month no. 6) and B7XX in July (7). B7XX supposedly has a locked boot loader. So no custom ROMs for now.

Pat said:
^^Nope. They refer to hardware revisions of the tablet! B6XX were manufactured in June (month no. 6) and B7XX in July (7). B7XX supposedly has a locked boot loader. So no custom ROMs for now.

With features like these who wud wanna load custom rom & what for? Amazing apps & tools they have given. Already bought 3 apps for it, Samurai II THD, Backbreaker THD & Cut the Rope . I hope some good Tegra HD games come out soon.

im in market for a tab too, but thinking which one to get since this has no usb in the tab itself its a downer for me its cheap at 19000. im tempted post some pics and vids mate.

aercy said:
With features like these who wud wanna load custom rom & what for? Amazing apps & tools they have given. Already bought 3 apps for it, Samurai II THD, Backbreaker THD & Cut the Rope . I hope some good Tegra HD games come out soon.

Its not just about custom roms m8.

You are most likely having new secure boot key. So that means problems with root as well. With B7, the old one click root does not work. The new NVFLASH method is failing on almost all B7 and B8s as they have the new SBK. So that leaves you without root.

Its not much of a problem if you are not a power user who uses certain apps that need the root access. Not to mention you will not have a additional security layer of proper CWM recovery and Nandroid backup. Apps like titanium backup will not work to their full potential as well.

But none of this will hinder any critical functionality of the tablet.
Transformer the custom roms do have some nice things like voodoo sound, Cifs, better and smoother scrolling, the stock system font issues (you wont notice until you run into them), better kernel and few cool stuff like support for joysticks etc.
BTW try Riptied GP (Probably the best visual game for Tegra 2 at the moment ), AirAttack HD and Pinball HD. All good games for Tegra. Airattack is free.

techpal said:
Hey can u play 720p mkv videos on transformer,m not able to play on mine.If yes then which player r u using?

Demux it into a MP4 container (no need to re encode the entire thing just change the container. Lots of softwares online like avidemux on internet, if Audio is AC3 convert it to AAC while demuxing. Option is there in the software).

You can play most MKV files using moboplayer or many other alternatives which have ARMv7 codec support. Only high profile MKV might need demuxing-remuxing / re-encoding to MP4 to enable hardware acceleration.

Back