Fire TV Stick or any other ??

Jules Goes

Disciple
Hi looking to buy TV stick for smart tv controls , as LG doesn't want to update WebOS and Apps are not be made for it . like Voot .

so want to buy a stick for apps . a 1080p will do , as this will be used mostly by mom and netflix 4k works on the TV app.

want something , that will be updated time to time so i don't lose on apps like in 3-4 years .

as this will be used mostly by mom and netflix 4k works on the TV app.
fire stick is no brainier.
its has easy to use interface and easy to use for non-tech person -- just plug it and forget it.
Get the "Fire TV Stick 4K Max" version if your tv is 4k, - has dedicated button for Netflix, prime videos, music on remote.
Your mom will love it, so as your TV hardware. Give your TV a break and extend its life - disconnect it form network, webos is shit, stealing your data already and soon will one big ad-wall.

Last edited:
I got the 4k stick for 2.7k during a sale whereas the 4k Max was 6k at that point.

AFAIK the 4k Max has Wifi 6, Picture-In-Picture support and 2 GB of RAM vs 1.5 GB in the Fire Stick 4k.

CPU and GPU are the same in both.

Right now the 4k Max is 4.3k whereas the 4k is 3.5k. Get the 4k Max in that case but the 4k would suffice darn well too.

Does the fire stick require an active prime subscription as im not on prime .. but subscribe to hotstar, zee5 and Sony liv .
Sorry OP for intruding .

Fire stick 4K or 4K max would be good. Only suggesting since your TV is 4K. Also it won't be very convenient to shift to webOS for Netflix and for other stuff use Firestick, get the stick, one device to rule them all.

Also, not sure why you are worrying about the 3-4 hours down the line? Ideally it should work but with the pricing of the fire stick, getting a new latest one the won't be an issue. But still, don't worry, it will continue working then too.

I would actually recommend a google based streaming service rather than the Firestick, like the Mi Stick/Box, or the Realme stick. A google based android stick will give you the added advantage of being able to use Chromecast. It might not seem like that big of a deal, but trust me, being able to Chromecast adds so much of convenience.

Chromecast.
Controlling via mobile phone is most convenient on internet/apps compared to Remote control stick.

Also Chromecast gives you flexibility to stream local content in your LAN/Wifi (using VLC and Chrome browser)

with the pricing of the fire stick, getting a new latest one the won't be an issue.
Lol.. That's such a rich people thing to say. You know some people can't afford to spend money on the same device again and again, even at a gap of 3-4 years. Some people actually have to save money so that they can get a Fire stick for 5k. Some people have dependents like parents and children and responsibilities.

Be a bit more sensitive while replying.

Lol.. That's such a rich people thing to say. You know some people can't afford to spend money on the same device again and again, even at a gap of 3-4 years. Some people actually have to save money so that they can get a Fire stick for 5k. Some people have dependents like parents and children and responsibilities.

Be a bit more sensitive while replying.
Rich people thing would be when someone says he will buy a new iPhone if this one breaks in couple of years, no big deal. I am talking about a device which costs 3K or so during sales. Not sure where dependents and such came in. It is like others are bachelors and have no responsibilities.

I have two Firesticks and they have smartened my old TVs. Could not ask for more. The UI is fluid (though after the update some apps are deep embedded), but they work flawlessly.

fire stick is it then ... was looking at Google tv but only Mi Stick/Box has more people using it . hoping to it comes on lighting deal soon

Thanks for the replies

Last edited:
Back