Firefox troubles

IceFusion

Skilled
Well i formatted my system and now when i open any page on firefox be it google or TE half the time i get an error in a box saying the document contains no data and the site stops untill i refresh the page...
i am gettnig fedup
I have firefox 1.0.1

Any 1 has ny idea.... :huh:

1.could be due to a problem with the cache. Go to ,Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache on Firefox ,then clear cache.Also try working on a new profile .

2.Try disabling any firewall or proxy server you have, if you can. If the problem is resolved, it's probably because of the firewall or proxy. aLso check if you can access the website in other browsers. if u cant go to step 7.

3.other reasons that add nothing give u info and frustration include
- The page times out on the server that's hosting the web page .
- A corrupted cache FAT.DB file

4.This article talks bout a number of ways that have been suggested to solve THIS VERY PROBLEM ,but to no yield ,after which a comment talks bout changing the modem configuration and ~voila ! www.mepis.org/node/4799+%22error+%22%2B%22document+contains+no+data+%22%2B%22firefox%22&hl=en]check it out here[/url]

5.Another reason could be that some ad has got a script that asks itself to refresh every other second by the following code which u should look for
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content"0 ;URL=theirsite.com"> to the view, randomly. and then it doesnt load, for whatever reason.

6. Under Preferences>advanced>proxies, select "Direct connection to the internet" and restore any HTTP Proxy and Port to their original values.
also open about:config ,browser.xul.error_pages.enabled ,Change its value to true

7.Another reason that has nothing to do with firefox ,but with browsers as a whole - could be a winsock problem.Try this application called Winsock Repair tool.

Back