FireFox vs Opera

Params7

Skilled
Now that Opera is free, Firefox and Opera will have a tight competition, even though its more of a " Whoever wins, we loose " situtation for IE and M$, the real question now is - Which one is better ? Opera or Firfox -

Firefox -
Support for various extensions
Has been said to take more memory while in operation

Opera -
No support of extension and less customizable
Reports say web pages load up faster than in Firefox
Takes less memory

i will always prefer opera over firefox.

did try out firefox twice but it crashed heavily when i tried it to open with last visited sites and i could not find the solutions.

and majority of littley things require you to install an extension which is cumbersome.

while opera is stable, fast and fully loaded.

i would rate maxthon second and then put ff at third.

firefox over here have used both of them opera is good but one major prob.. many sites don't render properly for that matter even firefox but compared to opera its quite less;)

Maxthon.
Mentioned as i voted for others.
Though i have used both Opera as well as firefox apart from IE, Maxthon and Netscape, i prefer Maxthon anytime over the others.

Hmm im a opera fan.As the ppl have said above it has the little things which make life a lot easier
1.Undo close window
2.sessions
3.bookmark management
4.google searching via the addressbar by typeing "g 'search string'"

theese r just a few.

Using ff but cant ignore it taking more memory than any other browser.

Want to switch to Maxthon but can not able to use gecko engine (when i use gecko engine it. I can not able to write any thing in the box such as in search of google.com)

ff is better than maxthon as maxthon takes alot of memory than ff

opera takes no memory and it is more faster than maxthon and ff

but i lik prefer ff than opera cuz its lik ff is more advanced though it takes more memory

but it has kind of knewl themes and doesnt crash as such to me :p

kinda sick of these updates but its knewl cuz u can hav update it easily and the fuctions

of ff is better than opera

voted ~ ff

kumar said:
4.google searching via the addressbar by typeing "g 'search string'"

besides this, u have lots more like amazon, download.com, price comparision, ebay, google news etc. See tools > preferences > search.

Also, on right clicking a link, we have 5 options :
Open
Open in new page
Open in background Page
Open in new window
Open in background window. These options really come in handy while surfing.

The download manager in opera is really good. For FF, there must be some extension, but in opera, everything's built-in.

Ad now, its FREE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: What else can one ask for?

maximuspike said:
ff is better than maxthon as maxthon takes alot of memory than ff
opera takes no memory and it is more faster than maxthon and ff
but i lik prefer ff than opera cuz its lik ff is more advanced though it takes more memory
but it has kind of knewl themes and doesnt crash as such to me :p
kinda sick of these updates but its knewl cuz u can hav update it easily and the fuctions
of ff is better than opera
voted ~ ff
what you say?

I have both opera and firefox on my system (along with elinks, minimo and dillo) but of all these I would prefer opera, atleast for now. I think there will be good improvements to mozilla from firefox 1.5 and onwards, so this may change. I use a GTK+1 build of firefox for viewing flash content on websites.

I have used opera for about 1 week but now i again switch back to ff.

Reason:

Misses lot of extensions.

Problem with downloading some file from few forum through flashgot. (installed npfg11.exe)

i love ff

Back