FireTune for Firefox v0.6 released

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
v0.6 - March 26th 2005 - New features:
1)FireTune is now multilingual - due to its incredible popularity we decided to make FireTune to support language files. The user interface of FireTune can now be translated easily into other languages.

2)Option added to enable the Firefox 'Browser Turbo' setting for a faster startup of Firefox

3)German and English language files included

4)Some changes to the UI

FireTune v0.6

Indeed a great software for tweaking Firefox,thanks to NitnayLion who first showed us this great software :hap2:

drgrudge

Adept
Mar 16, 2005
www.ashwinr.com
Thanks for the heads up :)

The only thing i dont like in this is we have to agian add out list of ads URL which has to blocked and all our previous settings are not incorporated so u will have to change them again. :(

anakinsolois

Disciple
Mar 26, 2005
I dint have that problem when i installed it.... I guess you should take a backup of your profile and if you have problems restore it

NitnayLion

Adept
Jan 6, 2005
Indeed a great software for tweaking Firefox,thanks to NitnayLion who first showed us this great software

And to think I don''t even use FF. I figured all you FireFox users could need some help. j/k :rofl:

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
FireTune Updated.

v0.7 - March 31st 2005 - Optimized features!

What's New
-Optimized the 'Performance tweaks common to all configurations' feature: we improved it to force Firefox to start rendering a page as soon as it starts receiving information
- Support for Russian and other non unicode languages
- Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Nederlands, Brasileiro, and Spanish language files added
- Some more code optimizations
- Updated helpfile

stormblast

Skilled
Mar 27, 2005
do i have to keep this running in the background after i tweak it, or i can exit the software & the tweak stays.

also will it remain after i restart the pc.

chip_0

Adept
Mar 15, 2005
Hmm ... nice software, it runs on windows 98 with .NET framework installed, though the system requirements mention Windows NT/2000.

And yes stormblast, the software makes changes to the configuration files in your mozilla profile directory, so the tweaks will remain even if you delete the software :)

AlbertPacino

Skilled
Feb 6, 2005
stormblast said:
do i have to keep this running in the background after i tweak it, or i can exit the software & the tweak stays.

also will it remain after i restart the pc.
In addition to what Blade said,you can always backup before tweaking it.