First Show Off!

whatsinaname

Skilled
My first show off on TE. Assembled myself a new system. No images of individual components, was in a hurry to put them together. :eek:hyeah:

So boxes and final setup.

Everything

Case and Cheapo Keyboard and Mouse

PSU, RAM, CPU and Wireless Adapter

Motherboard and GPU

Router and Cable Modem

The Router (It is a nice looking router!)

Got these, not sure whether the case will end up looking tacky. :S

Final Setup - Case (Please excuse the 'cable management' - If you can see anything in the awful pic, that is)

Final Setup - Monitor

My 'Work'station

Specs
Processor - Intel C2D E8400
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Graphics Card - Sapphire Radeon HD4870 1GB DDR5
RAM - GSkill 2x2GB DDR2 1066 Mhz
Power Supply - Corsair TX650W
HDD - WD 640GB AAKS
DVD Drive - some cheapo Samsung Drive
K/B and Mouse- cheapo Logitech internet K/b and mouse.
Case - NZXT Alpha White (With transparent sidepanel)
Monitor - BenQ G2400W
Router - Linksys WRT54G (nice looking router!)
Cable Modem - Motorola SB5100 (or something like that :p)
Wireless Adapter - MSI PC60G

Congrats :D

awesome rig :)

never seen a white cabinet but it looks great :p

but you could have got a BenQ E2400HD or M2400HD (which is white too)?

ankitmane said:
y white cabby?

i guess to match the desk & walls

if I were him I would've got a BenQ M2400HD White LCD, a white dvdrw, painted the desk legs white, get a white carpet & get a white chair :p

Thanks everyone. Yeah, a long time coming. All my computers have always been perfectly midrange - radeon 9500 (soft mod to 9700 though!) , 8600Gt, etc. This time I splurged. :clap:

Now about the NZXT white cabby...
I spent all my budget on the components and was stuck with no cabby. I tried looking for a cheapo cabby locally (which are what I usually buy), but they were all pretty expensive. So found the cheapest good cabby online, with free shipping. Then I noticed that the white is cheaper than the black, so I took that. (I had spent too much already... :ashamed: )

But in the end, it worked out well. Black chair, white table, black monitor, white cabinet, black DVD drive. I can tell people I was trying for a chess board motif. :rofl:

The monitor was the first thing I decided on. This has 1:1 pixel mapping, HDMI inputs and a 16:10 ratio. I know it's illogical, but 16:9 monitors make me feel as if I have been shortchanged on some pixels! And I got a pretty good deal on it.

Udit said:
i guess to match the desk & walls

if I were him I would've got a BenQ M2400HD White LCD, a white dvdrw, painted the desk legs white, get a white carpet & get a white chair :p

& in late night watching on it something will splash some white :p

well, atleast the second one was 'de-flowered' before hand

and now we know each other's type .. :lol:

Back