First step into audiophilia !!

Nikhil

Skilled
Got these for my dad. It was his birthday abt 2 weeks back and my mom, sis and me wanted to gift him something really nice and since his old Sony hi-fi system was dying, mom wanted to gift him another new one.

Convinced her not to buy that and finally, we have this setup.

Norge 2060 amp (cost me 6.5K)

Norge 300 AM/FM tuner (2.5K)

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (11K)

Will be getting a Worldspace radio soon and of course a DVD player which will be used just to play audio CDs.

Pics:

Brilliant! Super choices on the components :D

Instead of a DVD player, try picking up a used NAD / Marantz CD player, it'll sound a LOT better!

And do go in for the Worldspace, invest in a decent RCA Interconnect and it'll sound worldly :D

Anish said:
Brilliant! Super choices on the components :D

Instead of a DVD player, try picking up a used NAD / Marantz CD player, it'll sound a LOT better!

And do go in for the Worldspace, invest in a decent RCA Interconnect and it'll sound worldly :D

How much are they for ? approximtely.... Where can I find them ? And not interested in used stuff.... Has to be brand new.

Is there any CD player with a 3 or 6 CD changer ?

And what RCA interconnect ? I have some RCA cables which I'll be using with the Worldspace. That's enough ? Or you meant something else ?

wah! chaos's effect everywhere :p

Congrats man :D, lemme know if u want any help to get those speakers into ur room :rofl:

blr_p said:
True, but then how much more of a premium does it come for ?
Not really.

See the price breakup. for abt 21K (speakers + amp + radio) + abt 2K for a DVD player, I can get all the functionality of a Sony Hi-fi. Now, go check the prices of the Sony hi-fis :p
bottle said:
nice setup nikli .. now you can really enjoy those rajkumar hits :D

:rofl: :rofl:

blr_p said:
True, but then how much more of a premium does it come for ?

No premium at all. you pay premium only to sony. How much a decent (decent in sony's term, not in a good listeners term) sony will cost? around 20K? thats what he has spent here and has got much better sound quality. :hap2:

Outstanding, doing your homework has paid off then.

seperates is always a better way to go, the surprising thing i learn here is that its actually possible to do this in India

Congrats Nikhil...:D But then why am i congratulating you?? Its for ur Dad, isnt it? :lol:

Psst...Sooner or later i'm expecting those to move to ur room...:lol:

*Confess, my child...:asian:*

Private Ryan said:
Congrats Nikhil...:D But then why am i congratulating you?? Its for ur Dad, isnt it? :lol:

Psst...Sooner or later i'm expecting those to move to ur room...:lol:

*Confess, my child...:asian:*

i honestly hope so :p

It will sound way better with my kind of music with the FLACs on my HDD.

But this is for dad and I am not allowed to touch it (except use it in his own room). Well, let's see.... maybe next year, I can convince mom to buy him a proper Sony hi-Fi and steal this :rofl: :rofl:

Nikhil said:
But this is for dad and I am not allowed to touch it (except use it in his own room). Well, let's see.... maybe next year, I can convince mom to buy him a proper Sony hi-Fi and steal this :rofl: :rofl:
You do mention audiophile, but im wondering...

how important is it to have a remote that controls it all ?

Reaching out for that all important volume control can get tiring after a while no :)

congrats buddy on ur great purchase

i just wanted little feedback on that norge radio starting from where did u purchased it to its performance :)

have a good time with that setup:)

blr_p said:
You do mention audiophile, but im wondering...

how important is it to have a remote that controls it all ?

Reaching out for that all important volume control can get tiring after a while no :)
yes.... it is pretty important. But you have to make a sacrifice somewhere
vivekbabbudelhi said:
congrats buddy on ur great purchase

i just wanted little feedback on that norge radio starting from where did u purchased it to its performance :)

have a good time with that setup:)

It's pretty decent. Has 5 memory presets for FM anf 5 for AM. Cant really complain. The quality is pretty good.

Nikhil said:
yes.... it is pretty important. But you have to make a sacrifice somewhere
On second thoughts won't the DVD player have this ?

That's the only unit thats going to be playing anything anyway.

Any high quality motorized volume control is frickin expensive. Infact adding anything thats not a necessity in the signal path is a compromise.

There are many many high end tube preamplifiers costing thousands of dollars that don't have a remote control simply because its a compromise.

About volume control on DVD players... the less said about it, the better :p.

blr_p said:
On second thoughts won't the DVD player have this ?

That's the only unit thats going to be playing anything anyway.

yes....but no volume control.

And in case my dad is listening to the radio, then no remote at all.

Back