Budget 90k+ First time building PC for Gaming

Arjan

Disciple
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • ~2.8L (can stretch a little more)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • HP Laptop with Intel 11th gen Core i5 & integrated graphics
    • External monitor - Acer XV272U V3 (recently bought during the Amazon sale)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Acer XV272U V3 (1440p, 180Hz, 27" IPS panel)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 7 7800x3d (currently going for ~42k)
    • Motherboard - I had shortlisted Asus Strix B650 series Motherboard, however, I am in a dilemma if I should go for ATX build or m-ATX build
    • GPU - I am still unsure if I should get the RTX 4080 (costing ~1.2L) or spend more on RTX 4090 (costing ~1.6L)
    • RAM - 64GB DDR5 (please suggest brand and model for maximum performance)
    • Monitor - Acer XV272U V3 (will keep the recently purchased monitor for now)
    • PSU - Any good model with ~1200W (for future proofing)
    • AIO: Any decent AIO with 2/3 fan radiator, depending on if I go the ATX or m-ATX build route
    • SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
    • Case: Not Sure (need suggestions, if I should go for ATX build or m-ATX build). Fractal Design has some really good cases though.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • The CPU is final (Ryzen 7800X3D), other than that I am unsure on two major things - (a) 4080 or 4090 GPU, (b) ATX build or m-ATX build
    • Monitor - Looking to get a 32"/42" QLED or OLED monitor by mid next year
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No preference of brand, but would like a silent GPU that runs cool and has good after sales support in India
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Dota 2
    • AAA games
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1440p (for now)
    2. Gaming - 4K (when I upgrade to 32"/42" QLED or OLED by mid next year)
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not really, but would want to run the RAM at manufacturer specified speeds
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11

I have been playing Dota 2 almost exclusively for the past decade or so, as I did not much care or bother about other games. However, I recently came across some gameplay videos of popular games, like, Wukong, Battlefield, COD, RDR, and I was hooked. I was almost about to get a PS5 during the recent Amazon/Flipkart sale.
As I started looking at comparisons between PS5 and gaming PC builds, I was tempted to build a gaming rig for myself that would be better than a gaming console.
I have not had a PC since my early school days in ~2000-2006, ever since I got a laptop. Coupled with the fact that I got hooked on to Dota very early, which did not require any fancy gaming hardware, I never got around to building a gaming PC.

I have shortlisted the CPU (Ryzen 7800X3D). As for the GPU, I would request your views on getting the 4080 or 4090, as the price difference between the two is ~40-50k, but I wish to upgrade to a 4K monitor by next year and would prefer not to keep upgrading any other components along.
I would preferably want a compact case, but I am concerned about the GPU fitting issues and airflow restrictions in small cases. I most certainly do not want a humongous cabinet.

Once, the GPU choice and cabinet size get finalized, I believe rest of the components will fall into place as well.

Really looking forward to your views and comments. I would also love to talk to you directly or even meet in person if you are based in Mumbai.

Just some points -

GPU - I am still unsure if I should get the RTX 4080 (costing ~1.2L) or spend more on RTX 4090 (costing ~1.6L)
1) Nobody knows future, but Nvidia 5000 series is gonna be announced in a few months.
Last time around, 4090 was the only one that had a major bump in performance for similar price and without compromised specs. And looking at rumours 5090 might give a decent bump over 4090 ( dunno price. ). As per rumours, 5090 might have double the core count vs 5080 which is a very large gap.
Since you are spending so much and generally 5080 or 5090 will be the first one launched first, you might want to wait for that. 4080/4090 should also get cheaper if 5000 series is not priced even crazier than 4000.

2) AIO - 7800x3d takes very little power, air cooler will do fine too. I use AG620 with it and it works well.

3) SSD - We dont really get any significant difference beyond a point for gaming. A WD SN770 or SN580 is more than enough. Even cheaper ones would feel similar enough probably.

4) GPU after sale support is a mixed bag these days. Many reports of unfair treatment. Dunno which brand is best.

5) Highly recommend an OLED over LCD at this budget if you can manage with burn-in precautions ( Maybe try ips for work and oled for media if possible). Else maybe miniled. Image quality jump is large.
I dont think i would ever want to play on ips again.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • ~2.8L (can stretch a little more)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • HP Laptop with Intel 11th gen Core i5 & integrated graphics
    • External monitor - Acer XV272U V3 (recently bought during the Amazon sale)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Acer XV272U V3 (1440p, 180Hz, 27" IPS panel)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 7 7800x3d (currently going for ~42k)
    • Motherboard - I had shortlisted Asus Strix B650 series Motherboard, however, I am in a dilemma if I should go for ATX build or m-ATX build
    • GPU - I am still unsure if I should get the RTX 4080 (costing ~1.2L) or spend more on RTX 4090 (costing ~1.6L)
    • RAM - 64GB DDR5 (please suggest brand and model for maximum performance)
    • Monitor - Acer XV272U V3 (will keep the recently purchased monitor for now)
    • PSU - Any good model with ~1200W (for future proofing)
    • AIO: Any decent AIO with 2/3 fan radiator, depending on if I go the ATX or m-ATX build route
    • SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
    • Case: Not Sure (need suggestions, if I should go for ATX build or m-ATX build). Fractal Design has some really good cases though.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • The CPU is final (Ryzen 7800X3D), other than that I am unsure on two major things - (a) 4080 or 4090 GPU, (b) ATX build or m-ATX build
    • Monitor - Looking to get a 32"/42" QLED or OLED monitor by mid next year
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No preference of brand, but would like a silent GPU that runs cool and has good after sales support in India
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Dota 2
    • AAA games
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1440p (for now)
    2. Gaming - 4K (when I upgrade to 32"/42" QLED or OLED by mid next year)
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not really, but would want to run the RAM at manufacturer specified speeds
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11

I have been playing Dota 2 almost exclusively for the past decade or so, as I did not much care or bother about other games. However, I recently came across some gameplay videos of popular games, like, Wukong, Battlefield, COD, RDR, and I was hooked. I was almost about to get a PS5 during the recent Amazon/Flipkart sale.
As I started looking at comparisons between PS5 and gaming PC builds, I was tempted to build a gaming rig for myself that would be better than a gaming console.
I have not had a PC since my early school days in ~2000-2006, ever since I got a laptop. Coupled with the fact that I got hooked on to Dota very early, which did not require any fancy gaming hardware, I never got around to building a gaming PC.

I have shortlisted the CPU (Ryzen 7800X3D). As for the GPU, I would request your views on getting the 4080 or 4090, as the price difference between the two is ~40-50k, but I wish to upgrade to a 4K monitor by next year and would prefer not to keep upgrading any other components along.
I would preferably want a compact case, but I am concerned about the GPU fitting issues and airflow restrictions in small cases. I most certainly do not want a humongous cabinet.

Once, the GPU choice and cabinet size get finalized, I believe rest of the components will fall into place as well.

Really looking forward to your views and comments. I would also love to talk to you directly or even meet in person if you are based in Mumbai.
pickup some used 3060ti etc to continue gaming ,whenever you move to 4k monitor by that time nvidia gpu will be there . But in term of components dont go for expensive boards X50 series board are fine and whose service center is near you /provides you better service.

i was away but things , but if new mother boards are with new ATX specification than that is where you should put your money

And your GPU & RAM selection should be on multiple game requirements
MS Flight simulator 2024 -launch on Nov 19
GTA 6 . Most probably after GTA 6 the dust will settle down. Till than stick to 3060ti a very good stop gap solution the depreciation to will be pretty much less.

Just some points -

1) Nobody knows future, but Nvidia 5000 series is gonna be announced in a few months.
Last time around, 4090 was the only one that had a major bump in performance for similar price and without compromised specs. And looking at rumours 5090 might give a decent bump over 4090 ( dunno price. ). As per rumours, 5090 might have double the core count vs 5080 which is a very large gap.
Since you are spending so much and generally 5080 or 5090 will be the first one launched first, you might want to wait for that. 4080/4090 should also get cheaper if 5000 series is not priced even crazier than 4000.

2) AIO - 7800x3d takes very little power, air cooler will do fine too. I use AG620 with it and it works well.

3) SSD - We dont really get any significant difference beyond a point for gaming. A WD SN770 or SN580 is more than enough. Even cheaper ones would feel similar enough probably.

4) GPU after sale support is a mixed bag these days. Many reports of unfair treatment. Dunno which brand is best.

5) Highly recommend an OLED over LCD at this budget if you can manage with burn-in precautions ( Maybe try ips for work and oled for media if possible). Else maybe miniled. Image quality jump is large.
I dont think i would ever want to play on ips again.
Building a new system is pointless as of today, New generation of CPUs like AMD 9000 x3D series and Nvidia 5000 GPUs will be launching soon.
I would suggest getting remaining components for now before the new CPU and GPU launches, prices may hike!

wait for the launch of new GPUs and buy a 40xx series GPU second hand for some major money savings, and even if you want to get a new GPU, you'll still save some dough as prices for older gens will fall.

Wait for some time new processor is gonna launch by end of November.
And a piece of advice don't focus on exterior that much if you want to save money focus on gpu , ram and storage. And many ignore the screen, by a good monitor also. I just purchased samsung monitor it is amazing

This is what I would build now.
7800x3d /9800x3d. Whichever works out to be more value.
Mobo: cheapest pcie gen 5
Cooler noctua for after sale support and reliability.
RAM: 6400mhz is optimistic but the price difference to 6000mhz wasn't that high and you can always set a lower speed in BIOS.
GPU: When you buy the 4k monitor, buy the highend graphics card. The 4060 will resell without too much issue and you'll get a lot more performance for the money compared to today.
Psu: 1200w. Its really not needed but if you have the budget, its a nice to have. Superflower because it's very reliable.
Cabinet: lancool 2 mesh because it's high quality and relatively cheap. If you can spend more here you have a lot of options. Look at the fractal torrent. You won't get a noticible improvement in performance for spending more.

Attachments

• pcpricetrackerbuild.png
    pcpricetrackerbuild.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back