First time photoshop user - Need to change pic's background

Sobirvs

Skilled
Really it's an urgent matter. I have to do this till 3-4th oct. Nothing illegal or sorts of that, just for someone's parents I have to do this.

Now, I am a power user of computers but never tried my hands on photoshop...

Now the main thing : no pics have been clicked yet, I can get any type of pic clicked. What I need to do is.. i need to change the background of 4-5 pics with a background of a whole different city of india ( actually jaipur ).

I have access to everything here. The main fore front pics are yet to be clicked. Please instruct me on how those front pics should be so that once i change the background, no problems happens because i have time for a week, but once i have to edit the pics, i won't be having the access to change any pics or anything like that. If someone instructs me, I will sure get the front pics clicked according to that. Like may be the people (there will be 5 pics in total .. one with 3 with 2 people in it and 1 wiill be whole group and one will be just3 people in it).

So any random pic will do for the front ? or may be i need them to be close enough on the pic so that once i change the background, i don't get problems.. Also I have to do this all by y own as these are personal pics and i can't ask anyone to edit them for me(though people will skills don't have time anyways).

Also, how the background should be? any random from the city of jaipur (i will be personally clicking the empty pics so that i can change the background to that) or do i need to click the pic to some sort?

Please answer my questions if any professional for photoshop is here or not as this is my first time doing it.

Also, how much time will it take to perfect it? because i have to start the edit on 4th of oct and to be completed by 5th of oct so that the person in question here can show the pics to parents.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me here.

- lighting conditions and the angle of sun should be the same in both pics.
- use the same camera settings, esp the white balance. you'll spend less time fixing the tone in photoshop.
- use green screen :p or similar setup, keeping the lighting conditions same. it'll be easy cut-n-paste job in photoshop.
- use time stamp to make it seem legitimate
- keep the dimensions and resolution of final pictures very low... makes it harder to spot forgery :p

Back