FIVE Network Solutions !!!

its quiet an old ISP...used to be great during the 6 months i used it...lots of stuff on dc...movies, tvshows, etc...lots of guys playing games on the lan too...i had a very good experience...internet speed was as per the plan i had...but going by the thread link above it seems it isnt so good anymore...take ur pick...i had to leave 5net as im out of town now for sometime...and i miss it :(

There has been a lot of talk among my college friends about 5net and their DC.
I was thinking of upgrading from MTNL 512kbps U/L for 999 to 5net 768kbps U/L for 1200. Would it be a right option? And how much speeds do you guys get on internet as well as DC? Also, is good stuff like TVShows shared on DC?
And does anyone experience downtimes?

BTW, what will be the installation charges if I get 5net internet?

^^ Rs.500 for 24online users
and Rs.1000 for new customers.
But sometimes they even ask upto Rs.2000 on the pretext that there is no connection in your area try and do a bargain.

I know a trick by which u can download faster from 5net..
My friend's us 256kbps unlimited but he downloads at speeds even upto 1mbps.
The thing is when u begin download there huge burst speed which normally is around 1mbps and stays around for nearly a miniute.
The trick he uses is to schedule his internet download manager to pause and resume after every 1 minute by this way his download gets completed mostly 1/2 or even lower than normal time.
Also on 5net especially during afternoon they give speeds almost around 512 kbps.
So friend is using 5net for over a month and his overall experience has been very good.
Also its DC is superb!!!!

iprincepankaj said:
^^ Rs.500 for 24online users
and Rs.1000 for new customers.
But sometimes they even ask upto Rs.2000 on the pretext that there is no connection in your area try and do a bargain.

I know a trick by which u can download faster from 5net..
My friend's us 256kbps unlimited but he downloads at speeds even upto 1mbps.
The thing is when u begin download there huge burst speed which normally is around 1mbps and stays around for nearly a miniute.
The trick he uses is to schedule his internet download manager to pause and resume after every 1 minute by this way his download gets completed mostly 1/2 or even lower than normal time.
Also on 5net especially during afternoon they give speeds almost around 512 kbps.
So friend is using 5net for over a month and his overall experience has been very good.
Also its DC is superb!!!!

the guy who comes for money collection advised me not to switch to 5net for now since they are charging 500 for existing sify/24online users.. he said it will be free after a couple of months anyways as they are about to switch to 5net completely..

the only sad part is that they are reselling the bandwidth rather than providing the actual 5net tariff.

^^ Okay last Sunday, my SSV cablewala came & told me about this. 5Net are now in Navi Mumbai till Koparkhairne.

He told me that the conversion charges would be 500 for the existing SSV customers & DC+ is surely an advantage in addition to their low BB tariffs. Other things like speed, CC support etc will remain same as that of SSV.

I guess 5Net is a parent company of SSV or something like that, but i'm not sure.

trigger said:
^^ Okay last Sunday, my SSV cablewala came & told me about this. 5Net are now in Navi Mumbai till Koparkhairne.

He told me that the conversion charges would be 500 for the existing SSV customers & DC+ is surely an advantage in addition to their low BB tariffs. Other things like speed, CC support etc will remain same as that of SSV.

I guess 5Net is a parent company of SSV or something like that, but i'm not sure.

Fivenet is an independent ISP in Mumbai since long. SSV is now tied up with them and selling their bandwidth. They're adding more amount to the tariff plans listed on fivenet's site, so the remaining goes to their pocket.

DC++ is very much useful with over 20 TB content most times and download speeds in mBps.

If DC++ is not taken into consideration, SSV 24online's new plan of 1mbps unlimited for 999 is better than any fivenet plan offered by SSV, as they add more amount to it. :hap2:

Back