Flipkart… lesson learnt or just damage control

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
so apparently Saroj Panigrahi has resigned.

and FK issued statement in public

Wondering if Walmart really wanted to get serious in indian market and we can see some competition in this sector.

For the lulz
customer ordered a laptop for his father but to his utter shock, he received a few Ghadi detergent bars.
We ordered an #applewatch in their ongoing #greatindianfestival. First our order got delayed especially after being out for delivery on 23rd September and then today it was delivered. But to our surprise it was not an apple watch but a #Noisewatch

And a mega lulz
Flipkart as a customer-focused organisation observes a zero-tolerance policy on all incidents that impact customer trust

Last edited:
That customer should have informed his father to first check if the delivery is correct or not and only then share the otp...customers fault too.
Tried it with the two phones I bought recently. In the first case, the delivery person reluctantly agreed. In the second, the person asked me to cancel the order if I didn't want to accept it without opening it.

There is some serious issue with internal synchronization within Flipkart. Both the phones have open box delivery (you can see it when you click the 'buy it now' button). When I called up their customer service, the rep flatly told me open box delivery is not available for the phone. After about 10 mins of me telling him about the disconnect and he 'apologizing for the inconvenience', I hung up.

I often wonder if is just business warfare. It would be very easy for brick and mortar shopkeepers to enter and subvert these 'seller' programs of Amazon and Flipkart. Even one story about 'soap instead of laptop' can scare many people away.

I have almost stopped buying tech products online out of fear. The customer service, unfortunately, is very defensive and unprepared for these situations.

Last edited:
Tried it with the two phones I bought recently. In the first case, the delivery person reluctantly agreed. In the second, the person asked me to cancel the order if I didn't want to accept it without opening it.

There is some serious issue with internal synchronization within Flipkart. Both the phones have open box delivery (you can see it when you click the 'buy it now' button). When I called up their customer service, the rep flatly told me open box delivery is not available for the phone. After about 10 mins of me telling him about the disconnect and he 'apologizing for the inconvenience', I hung up.

I often wonder if is just business warfare. It would be very easy for brick and mortar shopkeepers to enter and subvert these 'seller' programs of Amazon and Flipkart. Even one story about 'soap instead of laptop' can scare many people away.

I have almost stopped buying tech products online out of fear. The customer service, unfortunately, is very defensive and unprepared for these situations.
Had the same issue. Item was designated as open-box delivery and originally I was supposed to receive it on a Saturday when I was at home. The order was cancelled and a replacement order placed on Saturday without actually shipping the item. The replacement was supposed to arrive on Thursday when I was working from home but instead it went out for delivery on Wednesday.

I had instructed my parents to not accept the package and to tell the delivery person to deliver the next day as they will not be able to inspect the contents. However, the delivery person called me and said that the item was not being shown as open-box on his app and thus he will not open it anyway, due to which I asked my parents to accept it.

Thankfully, the item was okay but it would have been hell if it was swapped for something else. Really poor processes and co-ordination.

This. Had ordered an Oppo tab for my mom. By default the option provided in FK was OBD. There was no option to even unselect the open box option. When the item was delivered though, the agent mentioned that there is no record of OBD mentioned at his end. Fortunately he was a regular guy in my area and he was more than happy to open the box and show the items before delivery.

I got an open box delivery clause last day, without an OTP. The delivery boy said he has no intimation of open box delivery. But once I accepted the package, the app said open box delivery undergone.

That customer should have informed his father to first check if the delivery is correct or not and only then share the otp...customers fault too.
does the OPT even required ?
I, personally, never ever encountered such incident in amazon.
I do receive the OTP before every delivery... item out for deliver here is OTP. blah blah SMS, but but i don't even remember if the deliver-guy ever wanted that.
They just keep the packet outside door, ring the bell and vanishes.
Flipkart will end up like Snapdeal.
Than Amazon will have monopoly & act like Jio.
Not good at all..
the rep flatly told me open box delivery is not available for the phone
gyan therapy of something youtube channel made a video on this.
that rep you were talking to, doesn't know shit.

Last edited:
Call Swadeshi Jagran Manch. They would be more than happy to vandalise whichever office of fcukkart they can lay hand upon.
They have "36 ka akkada" with both FK and Amazon.

Opening the packaging to verify the contents isn't the same as opening the box. So I don't see what grounds the delivery person has to say you have to cancel it. I'd have told him i will go ahead and see what he does. You as the customer are within your rights to verify whether what you ordered is indeed what was shipped.
does the OPT even required ?
I, personally, never ever encountered such incident in amazon.
I do receive the OTP before every delivery... item out for deliver here is OTP. blah blah SMS, but but i don't even remember if the deliver-guy ever wanted that.
They just keep the packet outside door, ring the bell and vanishes.
No OTP no delivery has been my experience with amazon. When i open the door they send it again and will not release the parcel without OTP. Which is as it should be.
Than Amazon will have monopoly & act like Jio.
Not good at all..
Agreed

Has anyone stopped ordering from flipkart ? I used to prefer flipkart, don't know why. But now almost never use it, except to maybe check if exact same item is cheaper.
For one the search is awful. Can never find anything, shows completely unrelated items.
Hard to find description, details. Can't search reviews, questions etc..

Amazon has better website. I never even look at flipkart unless there is some major sale. Even for sale items you have to be careful. It is better to avoid till they come up to Amazon's level.

Has anyone stopped ordering from flipkart ? I used to prefer flipkart, don't know why. But now almost never use it, except to maybe check if exact same item is cheaper.
My first order from FK I got scammed. Ordered two and received one. I kept the parcel and asked for the second. They said you have to return the other and get a refund. Others were ok. The very few times I've got something else I've been compensated by Amazon.
For one the search is awful. Can never find anything, shows completely unrelated items.
Amazon is only slightly better there. Google does a better job.
Hard to find description, details. Can't search reviews, questions etc..
Can't search reviews. Can search questions only. What I don't like about FK is there is no way to contact the seller before concluding the sale. Amazon is easier.

My only gripe with amazon is no way to select delivery windows. In terms of logistics, they are like twenty years behind bigbasket. I rarely get answers to any questions with either, on occasion I will get good answers. But there is no community feel at all unlike abroad where someone will at least try to answer. Another odd thing is I also rarely see questions on items from others and there is no way to answer questions if they were not sent to you on amazon India which is weird. There is some selective handling going on there.

Last edited:
Amazon has been known to do this abroad but you'd have to screw with them for that to happen. Too many returns for not enough business is also grounds

A famous one is over 200k kicked out for fake or paid reviews some years ago. They used the laws in Seattle for that.

I am saying be more circumspect about this development and find out more information.

This board is like micro Fk isn't it? You've been on this board long enough to know how sellers get screwed over here. Now imagine the same on a much larger scale.

Last edited:
best is Go to local store, show them online price and they either match or if ask Rs.200/500 more then Online Price then better pay offline store that much extra and check product and live happily.

Offline store may be not able to match Online Price if Mfg. directly selling it online with HEAVY discount.

Last edited:
bets is Go to local store, show them online price and they either match or if ask Rs.200/500 more then Online Price then better pay offline store that much extra check product and live happily.

Offline store may be not able to match Online Price if Mfg. directly selling it online with HEAVY discount.
Doubt that would happen, especially if the shop is not doing good business. There are too many cost overheads such as wages, electricity, maintenance costs, rent etc. This has a more impact in cities where the above mentioned costs are high. If you try to purchase FMCG from the outskirts, chances are you could get the same product at that price.

It's all about margin and how much one can sacrifice.

I'm finding Amazon becoming worse. It's full of sellers giving fake description, inflated mrp, all sorts of dirty tricks, and Amazon offering only replacment, no refund which doesn't help.

Fk at least the descriptions are correct

I still get shudders from receiving a "re-shucked" (yeah, it's not even a word) 12TB WD External which had a non working 500gb seagate disk inside. Raised a stink on twitter and then it was finally resolved.

Back