Flipkart's Big Billion App only sale does $300M Business & Why its still a flop sale

swatkats

Skilled
Flipkart's Big Billion Sale App Flop only sale on Oct 13-17

Flipkart has announced the second edition of Big Billion Sale, to be held between October 13 and 17.

"India shops the most during this time of the year. With over 75% of traffic coming via mobile, we expect this app only sale to be the biggest shopping event of the year. Bigger and better as compared to last year, we have worked towards ensuring a seamless shopping experience for our customers," Flipkart head of commerce Mukesh Bansal said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...g-Billion-Sale-dates/articleshow/49138784.cms

What BS. They're rubbing off Buggy App on to users and boasting Huge Figures.

(16-OCT-15):
(19-OCT-15):
Flipkart ‘Big Billion Days’ sale does $300 million GMV in business
In terms of value, the mobile category was the big winner with close of $200 million GMV
http://www.financialexpress.com/art...-days-sale-churns-out-300-million-gmv/153290/

It is definitely a flop sale.​

Last edited:
Last year's was a flop and so will be this year's. Hope Amazon, Snapdeal, Jabong etc. come up with better sales.

Not much expectations from Flipkart
Mostly probably their big billion sale will not be even better than the Amazon daily lightening deals
Anyway will wait and see if they do any better this time

If amazon or others post some really good and clever ads on paper, please do post them here. I am sure they will have some way to retaliate and mock Flopkart.

CQJIzy5U8AAtal5.png

From their retarded syndrome dictionary.

Ever since WS Retail stopped stocking stuff, I've stopped shopping on flipkart. Now they have advantage sellers for each category, but none of them are as good as WS Retail, especially for those living in bigger cities. And it has added categories left right and centre. Just an inorganic way to move forward.

Everything was a plot to get us used to shopping online. They'd offers generous discounts, pleasurable return experience etc.. Not anymore, since now we're habituated to shopping online , they're consolidating their profits.

Glaring example is their outrageously rude customer service. Much worse than offline shops.

Amazon seems way better now, probably until they become number one ? Surprisingly Snapdeal has improved a lot.

Do we get the 99% off deals like last time? :p I believe it was a saree worth 1 lac, for just 1k. Time to make the better half happy with a 1 lac saree. ;)

Meanwhile flipkart got duped.

Leading e-commerce portal Flipkart was taken for a ride by a Hyderabad youth, who is said to have duped the company for over Rs 20 lakh.

The youth, Veera Swamy, 32, of Vanasthalipuram in the city allegedly duped the company by booking orders and returning the goods upon delivery. He would place the orders for valuable electronic items in the name of mother, father, wife, brothers and other known people in the neighbourhood. After the items were delivered, he would call up the call centre complaining that the goods delivered were of poor quality.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...iting-companys-item-return-policy-245766.html

This time there shouldnt be crap such as 500gb hdd for 100rs or so and which goes out of stock even before 8am deal starting time.:wtf::banghead::rage::mad:

Most of the so called "disruption" companies are running similar plots. Cheap cab rides, cheap accommodation etc. Why would anyone give a discount expecting nothing in return?

The bigger problem with Flipkart (and most online retailers) has been maintaining the stock inventory for online sale. I remember reading an article where they had bought 10k units of a Nokia phone and barely sold 500. This made them turn away from stocking themselves and rely on retailers.

That said, there is no excuse for rude CC. I think they just gave up trying to provide better services when caught between retailers and customers. Amazon deals with retailers with a heavy hand which helps them provide better service.

Still amazon is not far off too, specially if they continue down this road:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-sale-of-apple-google-video-streaming-devices

I have never used/bought from any these apps & i order from various websites almost daily . its so inconvenient to browse & look for products on a phone .
Thats right however they like to promote phone apps as maximum users are on phones these days. If you can bear with shitty GUI of phone apps you may get better price via app. I sometimes search/view on desktop then buy from app ;)

I think Snapdeal is better both in terms of service and prices compared to amazon and flipkart. Snapdeal and Amazon both offer refund, whereas flipkart now-a-days offers only replacement.

Back