Focused

Shripad

ex-Mod
Got this few days back but didnt have time and opportunity to play with this till today.

Got this as my second phone as I likes the feel of WP7 when I played with HD7 a while back. And this is best bang for buck WP7 phone out there.
Like the feel of this phone, Feels great in hand. better than even galaxy series from sammy thanks to the way back is designed. Surprisingly good snapper as well.

The lack of some simple apps or their equivalent that I am used to on Android kinds spoils the party, but I have high hopes from WP in the phone.

Few snaps.

p1020973e.jpg

p1020958r.jpg

p1020959z.jpg

p1020971yl.jpg

p1020970l.jpg

p1020967z.jpg

p1020965c.jpg

p1020961pd.jpg

p1020962d.jpg

p1020963p.jpg

p1020968.jpg

p1020964s.jpg

looks awesome! congrats!!!

even I was gonna buy this but am paranoid about build quality and need something which has metal parts and was on a tight budget so ordered Optimus 7 (brand new @ $230) :p

^^ RVK : Got an Optimus 7 with me as well... love the build quality but that screen is such a let down :/

@OP : Congrats ! Good choice till the Nokia WP's roll out :) The AMOLED on the Focus really brings out the awesomeness of the Metro UI

Cool Shripad! It's really good to see, people are loving wp7 phones :) Even i bought a HD7 and waiting for it to delivered.

Damages? and how did you get it here?

Sent from my Desire HD

RD274 said:
Congrats on getting a Focus. Thats a really nice phone, better than the Omnia 7 too imo.

PS - Where can I get this F1 theme for techenclave : P

Its not F1 theme. Photo was clicked when I was navigating from official F1 website to techenclave. Yesterday for few minutes TE was loading too slowly and hence when I clicked the pic, it was still on F1 website.

RVK2488 said:
looks awesome! congrats!!!

even I was gonna buy this but am paranoid about build quality and need something which has metal parts and was on a tight budget so ordered Optimus 7 (brand new @ $230) :p
Built quality is not bad. This phone has the flush battery cover which is new trend with samsung phones (similar to one on SGS II, but this is thicker ). Feels nice and solid, but its all plastic.

But I wont trade screen size for metal finish personally. I was also contemplating whether to go in for Optimus 7 or this, but in the end decided to go with this thanks to 4 inch SAMOLED screen.

And for the price at which I got this, it was good deal. (I got this for $222 brand new off ebay auction )

smnrock said:
Cool Shripad! It's really good to see, people are loving wp7 phones :) Even i bought a HD7 and waiting for it to delivered.

Damages? and how did you get it here?

Sent from my Desire HD

$222.5 + shipping and customs. about 11.5k all inclusive.

agantuk said:
^ Was this got through Shop n Ship?

Yes, my first personal import through S&S.

To be honest, I am not sure if I will use it again for valuable / time constraint items. I am using nybox for 2+ years and they are blazing fast compared to S&S.

S&S took 1 week for item to deliver. With nybox which uses DHL, I have item in my hands on 3rd day. And it costs only slightly more for single package and a lot less compared to S&S as they allow consolidation. As this was relatively low value and single item, I decided to try out S&S as I had opened account long time with that $5 signup code.

Otherwise I plan my purchases and get bunch of them together by consolidating all packages into 1 shipment.

@Shripad

awesome price for a new Focus! At that price even I would have traded metal finish with SAMOLED :D

I didn't check auctions but normal listings started at ~280 and didn't want to spend that much.

btw, thanks for nybox info - didn't know that. But when I checked their site for shipping rates, India was not in the drop down list of countries :S

RVK2488 said:
@Shripad

awesome price for a new Focus! At that price even I would have traded metal finish with SAMOLED :D

I didn't check auctions but normal listings started at ~280 and didn't want to spend that much.

btw, thanks for nybox info - didn't know that. But when I checked their site for shipping rates, India was not in the drop down list of countries :S

It wont be. They have now stopped registrations from India as they are at their capacity.

Check the shipping rates for Pakistan, its same for India.

They do have monthly fee for premium account which I use as I usually have multiple packages coming from US every month ( friends, family members and some TEites :p ).

Its not cheap if you are not regular user. Its cheaper when you consolidate multiple packages. They have excellent and helpful staff who are very punctual and attend to your repackaging requests almost immediately. Very professional, never had a single issue with them over 2 years. They pack multiple items very well. Use extra packaging if required.

So basically if there is a GO or multiple people coming together to order something (even different items ) then there is nothing that can beat NYbox at the moment.

congrats shripad.

nice phone.

I will also give it a try..

Is it unlocked by default or you got it unlocked?

ny box thanks for info.

how much does it cost for ocassional service?

pratikb said:
congrats shripad.

nice phone.

I will also give it a try..

Is it unlocked by default or you got it unlocked?

ny box thanks for info.

how much does it cost for ocassional service?

It comes locked, but unlock code for this phone is dirt cheap on ebay itself. Got it unlocked for US$ 0.99 (Yes, you read it right, 99 cents ).

Right now, you cant order using NYBox unless you use account of someone who already has working account with them and ready to help you out.

So when you are going to write up on comparison review between android/wp7/meego/ios? And btw how is the focus's battery life compared your android devices(I remember you had desire hd too :))?

Bought the phone just after visiting this thread. Just before visiting this thread i was inclined towards samsung vibrant.

Now waiting for the phone to arrive. Finally upgrading from my Samsung Guru 1410 handset. :bleh:

Back