Budget 21-30k For home use

@cranky

A10 5800k + A85F2-A Golden/Deluxe (<17k) combination looks very good and in this case I don't have to invest in external GPU.With saved money I can add more 8GB RAM.

But how about the ECS service and support, I don't think it will be available in local market. Even if I purchase online, how about the after sales support.

Anyone have tried ECS products here?

Last edited by a moderator:
@axis.meister: I am running a 4000+ Athlon (A8 core) as a 24x7 server with a M3A78-EM and 4GB RAM, and 14TB of disks. Can't really tell you about performance. The second rig is a PhenomII x4 970BE overclocked to 4GHz on water with two 6970s in crossfire and 8GB of DDR31866. I get 60fps sync locked performance on a 2560x1600 display and the rig is really quick. However it draws over 600W while running so it's only used for gaming.

I don't know that either combination is relevant to most people. I did run a AthlonII x4 620 for a very long time as my main rig on a 880G motherboard and was very happy with it. It was super-quick, ran very quietly and drove the large panel effortlessly (that's not something all motherboards can do, ensure you have Displayport or dual-link DVI if you ever plan to look beyond 1920x1080.

The 5800K does have Virtualisation support.

@sky: The point was not about ECS (or indeed, buying from Lynx). There are some Asus and Gigabyte boards available with the A85 chipset. Your local market would have them if you are more comfortable with that.

1.Q: What is your budget?
a.20-25k

2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
a. Samsung Syncmaster Monitor 17"
b. Seagate IDE 320gb HDD
c. Samsung Keyboard (PS2) and Mouse (USB)
d. Creative 2.1 speakers
e. Unbranded cabinet with Mercury SMPS
f. P4+Intel Mobo+2GB RAM+Nvidia GPU donated to someone as it was too old.

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
a. Samsung Syncmaster Monitor 17"
b. Seagate IDE 320gb HDD
c. Samsung Keyboard and Mouse
d. Creative 2.1 speakers

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
a.CPU - AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100
b.Motherboard - any compatible motherboard with USB3.0, min 16GB RAM support, Audio support for 7.1 speakers
c.GPU - Integrated on mobo to save cost
d.RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws or Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB
e. PSU - No idea
f. Cabinet - No idea
g. UPS - APC
h. HDD - WD 1/2 TB (depends on money left)

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
a. LED monitor 21"
b. Speakers 7.1
May be in 6-12 months timeframe.
Do I need to add GPU and additional sound card for these?

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
a.Delhi/Gurgaon
b.Open to online purchase if cheaper than mkt

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
a.No

8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
a.Browsing
b.Desktop processing
c.HTPC
d.Watching HD movies and listening songs
e. Running VMs (windows, linux, iOS) for testing applications.
f. No high end gaming, but suitable to play games like NFS MW (that was the last one I know and played) so onboard GPU should be capable to take that load.

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Going with AMD cpu becaz I am getting 4 core in it instead of 2 when I go with intel in same or more cost.
Will not prefer Seagate HDD. My last 2 SATA disks failed. Will prefer WD, if it is good. Rest you suggest.

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
a. No idea, never played high system requirement games.

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
No idea

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
a.No

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
a.Windows 7 64 bit

regards

Here's the config best suited for you:

AMD A10-5800k -8500,
Asus F2A55-M-LE -4800,
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB -3000,
Corsair GS500 -4300,
NZXT Source 210 Elite -2900,
WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500,
APC 600VA UPS -2800,

TOTAL -31,800.

@CapriAnupam -> I was planning to try "Paragon Backup and Recovery free". But it is asking for product key, even though it is free.
Also does it have feature of partition backup and restore, or it make image of whole drive only?

@sky , yes, it does ask for a product key, but it's free to get that. You have to register with them, and they provide you with the free product code. It's similar to Avast Antivirus free. They do require registration, but it's free. So, it's not a problem :).

Paragon Backup and Free does have the option of partition backup and restore too. That's how it will be able to image the main system partition, leaving the other partitions out :).

Try it, it's a good product.

Otherwise, you can try Macrium Reflect free too. But, I haven't used it, so I cannot say much about it, other then recommending it.

Sorry for replying late, I did not get the email notification for the replies on this thread.

Hi,

I have assembled two systems yesterday (for my friends) with similar requirements. I bought the following components from Pune:

A10 5800k = 8500
Asus F2A85-M = 7250
Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB = 4900 ( I ordered for 2x4GB but it was not available, anyway planning to add 1x8GB after few months)
Seagate 1TB =4200
Cabinet Circle (don't remember the model, 2 fans included) = 1100
PSU VIP500 = 2000
Monitor Dell IN2030M = 6200
APC UPS = 2300
Logitech combo = 800
LG DVD Writer = 925

Total = 36175

(They were on tight budget and going with PSU which comes with cabinet. Atleast I convinced them to buy VIP if not Seasonic).
Further plans are to upgrade cabinet and add Cabinet fans.

Thank you people who have provided their valuable inputs in deciding the RIG.

C:\01 sunily\Dump\New\Photos\PC\1234.jpeg
C:\01 sunily\Dump\New\Photos\PC\1234.jpeg

Back