Budget 15-20K For night photography. Oled. Fast, low or no bloat.

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: OLED, AMOLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: nokia, motorola, stock android ones

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: no gaming, normal stuff, night photography,

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: any

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: Both, any place

9. Any other requirements?
A: decent battery backup

Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display @ Rs.19.99k

I dont know about night photography but heard about Astro Photography. Is this both similar that you are interested?
But I think the above phone suits you best because its under the budget and comes with Snapdragon processor.
At least some reviews in Amazon says that the camera is not good for low light photography. That would mean that it is not good for night photography.
On the other side, it is a good VFM phone as it is an all rounder except build quality.

At least some reviews in Amazon says that the camera is not good for low light photography. That would mean that it is not gohttps://www.amazon.in/s?k=google+phones&crid=2WJ9HP4VW7PVB&sprefix=google+phones%2Caps%2C223&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_13od for night photography.
On the other side, it is a good VFM phone as it is an all rounder except build quality.
Build quality is also good but dont compare it with A52s since that is a tier below Galaxy S. Since the OP asked for a good phone he needs to use some additional filters to enhance the night photography and this is a software thingy.
He needs to use GCam so that he can get best or better results.
If OP wants GCam capabilty the he needs to go with Google Phones which he needs to increase his budget a little.
Link for Google Pixel Phones search

Some articles about night Photography by using Google Pixel phones:
https://ai.googleblog.com/2019/11/astrophotography-with-night-sight-on.html
https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/14...-review-pixel-2-3-camera-photos-image-quality

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally phones and night photography don't go well together. It's all down to sensor size.
You could maybe look at used Pixel 4a or iPhone 11. Both of them have a decent camera. If possible get a mini tripod and shoot in manual mode ( many apps allow you to do that ) and keep the ISO below 800. This will work great for still subjects. For moving subjects, try to place them under or facing some sort of artificial light and expose for them.

Realme 9pro plus.

Specially made for night photoshoot.
When it comes to photography this mobile can give challenge to flagship. Models.

This I recently took in night .

Attachments

• IMG20220826191944.jpg
    IMG20220826191944.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 131
At 20k, nothing can come close to Realme 9 pro plus for low light. Just stay away from Samsung. Most Samsung mid range phones are absolute worse in terms of low or less light scenario. I think Redmi has really good overall camera system (main cam, selfie cam, daylight, low light etc) especially in budget range. Even an old phone like Redmi note 6 pro can still produce really good pics.

My opinion for 20-27k budget - Get Redmi for overall best camera in the lowest price range but it is a bit slow phone. Some Redmi mid range phones such as Redmi Note 10 pro can produce flagship level pictures.

Get One plus for pretty good camera and fast performance but it is a bit expensive.

Get Realme for exceptional low and less light and average daylight performance camera. The phone is fast and responsive too.

At 20k, nothing can come close to Realme 9 pro plus for low light. Just stay away from Samsung. Most Samsung mid range phones are absolute worse in terms of low or less light scenario. I think Redmi has really good overall camera system (main cam, selfie cam, daylight, low light etc) especially in budget range. Even an old phone like Redmi note 6 pro can still produce really good pics.

My opinion for 20-27k budget - Get Redmi for overall best camera in the lowest price range but it is a bit slow phone. Some Redmi mid range phones such as Redmi Note 10 pro can produce flagship level pictures.

Get One plus for pretty good camera and fast performance but it is a bit expensive.

Get Realme for exceptional low and less light and average daylight performance camera. The phone is fast and responsive too.
No Redmi & Realme phones. Please they have such kind of bloatware and spyware. Then we will need to root them which obviously warrants their warranty. So no Chinese phones men.
Recommend them for good normal talking purposes & gaming purposes but no taking photos people.
Please understand what the Govt is saying.

No Redmi & Realme phones. Please they have such kind of bloatware and spyware. Then we will need to root them which obviously warrants their warranty. So no Chinese phones men.
Recommend them for good normal talking purposes & gaming purposes but no taking photos people.
Just an ancient myth...
I have highlighted this many times, rooting doesn't costs any warranties on Mi/Redmi as they themselves offer bootloader unlock from their own website and official tools.
As for bloatware, they no more come with any unless you want to use their Mi specific apps which runs one ad or two per day but if you stick to generic google apps no such issues.
I'm using redmi phone since 3+ yrs now and done all rnd and forensics and same for my friends on Mi phones, no warranty issues ever occurred even for custom roms or rooted phones!
Hardware is rock sturdy stable and camera is simply awesome for their price offerings.
In fact samsung comes with tons of bloatware kachra. But again as said, if you click on such apps then only the crap triggers.

Last edited:
No Redmi & Realme phones. Please they have such kind of bloatware and spyware. Then we will need to root them which obviously warrants their warranty. So no Chinese phones men. Recommend them for good normal talking purposes & gaming purposes but no taking photos people.
Are you joking or being serious about the govt? . Well, there is no need to root Realme. Redmi is different though. It has a lot more bloatware and sluggish interface so root is needed but there is no warranty loss as pointed out by nritech. Is there any official circular from the govt about not to use Chinese phone for clicking pictures and these phones should only be used for calling purpose? If the problem was so serious then the govt would have banned the phone companies which they didn't. The govt picked a soft target (apps) and nearly destroyed the lives of thousands, who were working or earning from these apps, in a second. The trade with China has increased after Galwan incident. If we can call from these phones then why not click photos?

This was taken in the night with realmepro 9 plus.

I don't feel like promoting Chinese stuff but got to give credit where due.

Like @powervgx said I don't see anything coming close to this phone for this price range. And response and all is pretty decent .

It is an ordinary decent phone but with exceptional night photography and even day photography is quite good.

It has song imax 766 sensor which is flagship stuff but I know there is even better sensor out by now .

Please note Btw the pic was taken on tripod with starry mode( 5mins exposure.)

I have simple click night photos too will share here soon. Even they are very. good

For reasons I don't know why pics are not getting attached.

Last edited:
Purchased realme 9pro plus yesterday with exchange and ICICI offer , Already upgraded from Pixel 3XL to Pixel 6a , again from FK
Delivery tommorow , Hoping will be fun to get real life photography experience /feedback from both
For me Mobile phone most important factor is camera and Pixel 6A after exchnage of Pixel 3XL for 28.3k and RealMe 9Pro Plus for exchnage of Samsung S8 for 14.8k were good deals
Keeping in mind both old phone were showing signs of collpase so good deal as i see it

Purchased realme 9pro plus yesterday with exchange and ICICI offer , Already upgraded from Pixel 3XL to Pixel 6a , again from FK
Delivery tommorow , Hoping will be fun to get real life photography experience /feedback from both
For me Mobile phone most important factor is camera and Pixel 6A after exchnage of Pixel 3XL for 28.3k and RealMe 9Pro Plus for exchnage of Samsung S8 for 14.8k were good deals
Keeping in mind both old phone were showing signs of collpase so good deal as i see it
Give us details camera and overall performance reviews..

This I recently took in night .
Where was this ? looks amazing!

Sorry guys for not replying earlier. I have kind of dropped the idea after looking at the options.
I tend to agree about avoiding chinese phones, from a security perspective. The biggest issue are the firmware. All that proprietary hardware, closed binaries. People don't realize just how undetectable firmware level spyware can be.
Can't find a refurbushed pixel below 15/20k

Give us details camera and overall performance reviews..
Seems positive

Portraits come out quite good. More natural, this probably why people like it as a camera
A good night photography in 20k is a very tight thing while adding 5k more, A52 makes some sense..
Not much difference between A52 & realme 9 pro+ in low light.

The review indicates you lose 2x zoom at night with the A52 which the realme has.

Price is similar but you get Aptx HD with the realme but lose microSD

Comes down to whether you like the UI of one better than the other

How does Realme's UI stack up against Samsung's OneUI ?

Last edited:
Its good but not Pixel
Pixel is a Pixel
But its a very good choice in that budget

Back