For Power and Performance...

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
New PSU and RAM... :hap2:

Less talk, more pics...

First the PSU - Corsair TX650

I figured I could live without modular cabling (HX620) and might as well save some vitamin M.

(as it is I was spending more that I was ready to)

Then the RAM - G.Skill Pi series 2 x 1GB 800 MHz DDR2

I was hoping to get two of these sets, to completely replace my current corsair XMS2 sticks...

but as I spent more on PSU and took my financial adviser with me for shopping, I had to shut up and make do with 2 GB only.

Oopsiee... Sorry for not posting the damages earlier... :ashamed:

Damages :

PSU - 6500 /-

RAM - 2500 /-

Purchased from Prime ABGB.

I have a question...

I'm not using 64-bit OS as of now...

From what I knew.. 32-bit OS supports total of 4GB memory via PAE, that is all including main RAM memory plus graphic memory.

I've ATi radeon 3870 512mb graphic card, so my total RAM memory (physical) including system RAM would be 4.5 GB. Since 32-bit OS can address only 4GB of it, 512 MB would be deducted from main system RAM while showing in system properties and it should show 3.5GB of RAM. But instead it shows 3.25GB of RAM. Why is it reducing 768MB instead of 512MB while reporting?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Okay... regarding my Query earlier...

I checked everything that I could... Memory Remapping is enabled in BIOS.

I double checked PAE switch in Boot.ini. Tried disabling OC and running things at stock (I know it won't make any difference, but I did it anyway).

Someone... Pretty please help!!!

Crazy_Eddy said:
Nice pics :D

He's a Pro photographer IINM. :D

BTW Yogi, its time already for 4Gigs of RAM. Couldn't you get the 2x2GB PI Black sticks? :S

Anyhow congrats on the purchase. :)

techie_007 said:
AFAIK, The system also reserves some memory space separately for other functions.

That does make sense... I need to get hold of 64-bit OS then if I want all my RAM.. :)

Gunman said:
BTW Yogi, its time already for 4Gigs of RAM. Couldn't you get the 2x2GB PI Black sticks?

I could... if I could... :p

Like I mentioned in the first post...

iGo said:
but as I spent more on PSU and took my financial adviser with me for shopping, I had to shut up and make do with 2 GB only.

Financial adviser = GF!

Besides 2 x 2GB sticks, I right now have 4 x 1GB sticks (one set of Pi rams, one set of XMS2 rams). So I'm on 4GB already, all that remains now to get 64bit OS.

Back