foreign trip

sahil678

Disciple
Guys I wan't to make a tour of around a week to some good place which should not empty my pockets,should be reasonable:)
Don't knw much about anything because I've never been to a foreign place before.:huh:
Suggest some good places ,flight/cruise offers,destinations,prices etc..

If you are on a budget, Singapore is going to be hard on your pocket. The place is costly, and so are flights to that place. That said, it is an outstanding location to visit.

Air-Asia had some very cheap tickets in the range of ~3k for a one-way trip to Malaysia. Not sure if that offer is still around. Do look at their website. Malaysia/Singapore/Dubai/Thailand are all some cheap options and a vast majority of Indians consider these places for their first trip abroad for a casual visit. Visas are also cheaper.

The million-$ question - what is your overall budget? :p

Gannu said:
The million-$ question - what is your overall budget? :p

Parents are going to sponsor so they'll say no limit but we are the one's who have to save their money
Just me and my cousin will be visting and planning for next month.
Let me look at air asia site and decide if there are any offers :)

One thing that is for sure is that compared to Malaysia, Singapore would cost you atleast 1.5 times for a similar stay. I am not even counting shopping. Flight tickets would be super cheap to Malaysia considering most flights go there. If you really want to save and don't mind a bit of stretch - considering you mention two young guys - I would say if you want to go to Singapore, go via Malaysia. Take an Air Asia to KL, and from there another Air Asia to Singapore. Would work out cheaper than direct Singapore flights from India, which are operated only by the major airline operators. In addition, if you take this approach, and you have one week at disposal, plan a 2 day stay in KL / Genting. Would be cheap and you would cover two countries instead of one :)

I got a deal for AirAsia flight for 4.5k round-trip from Kolkata to Bangkok two months back.. There is still some offer going on AirASia site, check it out..

Well, I'm currently not planning for one right now. But I'd like to know about it too, as it's a mystery to me :p

That Air-Asia site confirms about Hotel and Flight. What about Tour?? I mean, what places to see and etc.

Say Malayasia / Thailand is a big country, so which cities to visit and what to see etc. etc.

BTW what should be the min. budget for going to Malayasia / Thailand?? I know I sound like a cheap, but I really don't have any idea about the cost and I used to think like visiting Foreign Countries are too costly or so. Is a budget of 30k ok for 3 people(Me, my mom and my dad) say for 1 week??

Malaysia 30K for a week would be a stretch really, considering you have 3 return tickets to book :) I would say more like 50K for 3 return tickets + one week's 3 star hotel stay.

I was just talking about flight, food and stay. Hotel costs usually make up a large part of expenditure in any trip, and it is the same here too, since you mention a 7 day stay. To be honest, I do not think there is much for a 1 week stay in Malaysia, unless of course you plan to travel the country, and not just hang around Kuala Lumpur. From my experience, sight seeing is slightly on the expensive side in KL, particularly if you happen to visit some of those paid sight seeing spots.

EDIT: If you are in Kolkata as your profile states, I think Bangkok is the cheapest to visit, though it is not so popular amongst family audiences. I think one of our members here raksrules if IINM, visited that place and had good things to say, even from a 'family' perspective :)

^^ :rofl: Anyway I was just asking for personal information. As I said avobe, I'm not planning to visit any foreign countries anytime soon. Can't afford :(

Back