Forgot BSNL Router password

Doremon

Adept
I forgot my BSNL router password to connect new BB on wi-fi.

Tab & old BB already in use & simply connected when I put WiFi ON..

Now, need to connect new BB.. pl help..

^ You forgot your internet access password or Router's password?

I am assuming you forgot your internet access password. You can try the following to retrieve it:

Use your tab/BB to type this in any browser: http://192.168.1.1/
You can access your router if you remember it's username and password.
Navigate to wireless security (or something similar).
You should be able to see your password there.

Last edited:
Open 192.168.1.1 from any device connected to the router - wired or wireless. If it asks for a password, enter details or try admin/admin, shoud work in most cases. Open WiFi tab/settings and unmask the password if hidden.

Open WiFi tab/settings and unmask the password if hidden.
Thats what I wish to do? but how? can you suggest step wise pl.

Note: In fact, BSNL told me to do above but that fellow don't have knowledge ...[DOUBLEPOST=1393613487][/DOUBLEPOST]
Open 192.168.1.1 from any device connected to the router - wired or wireless. If it asks for a password, enter details or try admin/admin, shoud work in most cases.
My old BB & Samsung Tab automatically connect with WiFi without asking any password. Now, I wish to configure same way for newly purchased phone-BB-but asking key (10 or 26 hexadecimal digits (0-9, A-f) or 5 or 13 Characters which I assume forgot. I'm not clear 192.168.1.1 to be open in either of which phone?

Last edited:
Just mention what is the BSNL modem you have, someone can tell you which tab to go to.

Or post screenshots of 192.168.1.1, and some can help you out.

BSNL router model - AN1020-21.

Attached 2 Screenshots of 192.168.1.1.

Attachments

• mgtserver.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 962
  • 192.168.1.pdf
    161.3 KB · Views: 1,023
Should be in the security menu.
Go there and look up for wireless section, and report back.
Not in security menu, but found in wireless configuration menu. Two pages attached 1. Wireless Network & 2. DSL Home.

Must say, never expected screenshots to be coming in pdf format.
....... ...... in JPEG format!

Attachments

• DSL Home Page.jpg
    DSL Home Page.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 754
  • Wireless Network Page.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Have you tried a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 sec in the back of the roter? You can configure it from scratch after that. I'm assuming you forgot the WPA/WEP authentication password for your network.

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 sec in the back of the roter? You can configure it from scratch after that. I'm assuming you forgot the WPA/WEP authentication password for your network.
Yes, I forgot password asking while connecting new BB phone to Wi-Fi network of BSNL router.
Afraid to do reset coz possibilities to loss WiFi for other two phones already gets connected with router!

generally the page in the router setting where you have to set password (WPA/WEP) has an option "show password". Have you checked that? Also, long ago I tried a software called password revealer which reveals the words/letters under the asterisk.

BTW if you do factory reset and you can't connect to router with your existing phone etc that means you have successfully reset your password. You have to configure the router again.

If you afraid of doing yourself take help of people attending broadband in BSNL exchange. There are 1-2 people in every exchange who attends technical calls. You can take the router to nearest exchange and ask them nicely.

If your PC/Laptop is getting connected with network, you can try this- go to network sharing center-Change adapter setting- open wifi adapter- Wireless properties- Go to security tab- Click on "show Character". It should show you your current password.

If your PC/Laptop is getting connected with network, you can try this- go to network sharing center-Change adapter setting- open wifi adapter- Wireless properties- Go to security tab- Click on "show Character". It should show you your current password.

You mean in pc? (screenshot below)

upload_2014-3-27_20-0-7.png

OR

In 192.168.1.1? (screenshot below):-

upload_2014-3-27_20-1-2.png

the whole things looks like a mess, now to clear the air
@Doremon, For clarification; what your looking for is the Pre Shared Key(PSK)/ WEP Pass Phrase; this is nothing but if you want to connect your tab/phone or any other wifi enabled device to your router to access your wired broadband, you need to key in a password. This is the password that you have forgotten. Right??

Open a new web browser window and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 (default router IP address, if its different change accordingly)
In the next page, key in the username and password
Go to the page that looks similar to the one listed below and follow the instruction on the image;

KeUMCPG.jpg

After restarting try connecting a phone or device with your new password!

doremon I meant in PC setting only not in router setting . I thought you might be running windows Vista or later version of windows. Dont know if you can see the password details in windows XP.

abracadabra:- Here we g0........ thanks buddy.
where is the key of best ans & 100 times like?... Thanks to all here..

PS: One new observation. I connected new phone-BB thru WiFi. For testing purpose, I keep off Mobile Network off and Wifi on. Can browse any site through web browser. But none of default application (like Youtube, BB World, WhatsApp) not opens & found not connecting with WiFi... Checked all settings found in order.

Back