Forza Motorsport 4 giving Region error

channabasanna

Disciple
Hi TE folks,

I have a XBOX 360 4GB Kinect version which i brought from Kuala Lampur (Malaysia) in January.

Yesterday i got a copy of Forza Motorsport 4 from infibeam [URL]http://www.infibeam.com/Games/...#variantId=P-M-GA-Forza-Motorsport-4-Xbox-DVD[/URL]
, only the picture is of Limited Edition but this is a standard edition.
When i put the game disc in my console i am getting error saying this disc cannot be played on the console because of region issues. The region specified on the disc is PAL.

I have other games (Forza Horizon, FIFA 13, Kinect Sports 1 and 2) which are also PAL region and are playing fine in my console. Can i know what may be the reason for only this game not being able to play in my console. is it only that this disc has issue or any other issues.

Mods, if this is a wrong section to post the thread. request you to please move this to a valid section.[DOUBLEPOST=1369721769][/DOUBLEPOST]Called up XBOX Support centre, they told me that the console is NTSC version and the game is PAL version so i cannot play on it. Also the other games which i mentioned are region free even though they are PAL version :(

vantheman5211, It would be good if you can provide more details for the same. I stay in Bangalore and where can i get it done. Does it not affect the XBOX and its warranty?

You can get it done from a modder in banglore. Check OLX and Quickr for details of the same.
It does affect the warranty though but since the slim is very stable, it believe thats a chance worth taking given the game costs you will save in the process.

Just finished my talking with infibeam guys. They are not ready to refund or so. Now I think I have to sell the game in te. Since I don't wanna mod my console.

Did you try talking to MS Support? i.e. if they are willing to exchange the copy of the disc for the NTSC version? MS Support is very customer friendly (for the right cause i.e.). Sent a 220V power brick for a friend's US bought console for free!

I had just spoke to Xbox customer support once. He had asked me to get it refunded. Will call up Microsoft tech support and put the status of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1370499115][/DOUBLEPOST]Called up the XBOX customer support and they said, they would not entertain the replacement for NTSC because they would only provide the PAL as replacement only.
Also enquired if i can get the console replaced and get a PAL version stuff. They said it is not possible :(

Back