Free rapidshare premium accounts

made one , thanks for sharing

however their new policy is sad for premium users , this free account is just a gimmick

Made an a/c but never used Rapidshare before, how do I check this accounts validity and download limitations?

Registered there. But when i tried downloading something off it, it gave me a error

You want to download the following file:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have exceeded the download limit.

Your account is credited with 5 Gigabytes per day. 5 Gigabytes are equal to 5.000.000.000 Bytes.

^ rapid points are discontinued. i registered happily after seeing the link and then saw @soulfire's post. Those guys have made it such that to download anything you need to buy a minimum of 400 rapids for about 220 bucks. I think the rapids get deducted everyday regardless of whether you download or not. Then ac gets downgraded the next day after all rarids are over. Billing is for every 24 hrs. Sucks big time i think. :(

Edit: after adding paypal fees etc i think its about 400 bucks for 400 rapids in lowest package. 4 rapids deducted per day = 100 days usage most probably unless the rapids expire in a month. So 4 bucks a day we will get 1Gb download and 10gb storage.

The premium users still get 5Gb credit daily to their a/c right? I mean not with the a/c which is created via the link provided by OP.

yeah rs sucks now.

@ethan_hunt

it seems now everything is interms of rapidpoints.yes ur account gets credited by 5gb but then you lose 20 rapidpoints each day.

if you dont download 5gb then you can use the 1gb one which uses 4rapid points per day.that way you can extend the life of ur account.

well lot of files now are migrating to hotfile.so rs is becoming useless.

johnie1 said:
yeah rs sucks now.

@ethan_hunt

it seems now everything is interms of rapidpoints.yes ur account gets credited by 5gb but then you lose 20 rapidpoints each day.

if you dont download 5gb then you can use the 1gb one which uses 4rapid points per day.that way you can extend the life of ur account.

well lot of files now are migrating to hotfile.so rs is becoming useless.

Loosing rapid points? Is that bad? If it helps, I don't upload at all. I'm only concerned with download being affected. I was planning to shift to MU if RS doesn't work out. I have been using it for past 3 years now.

Guys anyone tried 4shared.com? I felt it is quite good in terms of the storage space they give and also the download speeds. And I have just used the free account.

Back