Free Solaris 10 DVDs

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
For a limited time only, just like Ubuntu's ShipIt service, Sun Microsystems lets you order Solaris 10 absolutely free of charge. The operating system comes on a single DVD supporting both the x86 and SPARC versions. Also included is Sun Studio 11.

Dont mind, but i wanted to say a liittle thing. Order those Cds if you really need them. Dont do it just because they are free. cheers !!!

cyrux said:
Dont mind, but i wanted to say a liittle thing. Order those Cds if you really need them. Dont do it just because they are free. cheers !!!

But d00d, i've heard you also get a dvd jewel case :D

Just filled every info...

got a mail from them on 16th JAN, telling I will be receiving the DVD within 10 Business days..... I haven't got anything yet...

just filled every info...
got a mail from them on 3rd FEB, telling I will be receiving the DVD within 10 Business days..... I haven't got anything yet...

Its not fake, But have u ppl read the mail u recieved from SUN

"We have received your request for a free Solaris DVD Software kit. Please
allow 2-4 weeks for your kit to arrive to the mailing address you provided.
Please also note there are some countries Sun cannot ship media to."

My friend in states he got it within 9 days, I guess they r now shipping to india

even if u get solaris for free, how many of us actually use solaris ?
u usually get them in univs or research labs; and they have the os.

btw, solaris runs on normal pc ?? the last time i used; t'was a sparc workstation and could upgrade it upto v8 only. the keyboard was too much painful too.

Sorry for bumping this. I got my free solaris 10 dvd today :) looks like there are 3 dvds. 1 for Sparc. 1 for x86 - x64, 1 for solaris 11 suite. Did not get time today to install it. And the shipping is through USPS :)

EDIT : Just looked at my last post in this thread. Looks like it has taken exactly a month for me

Back