Free VPN - Opera Browser

Soyab0007

Gamer
Adept
Free VPN - Opera Browser

Its a big deal - Opera is now the first major browser maker to integrate an unlimited and free VPN or virtual private network. Now, you don’t have to download VPN extensions or pay for VPN subscriptions to access blocked websites and to shield your browsing when on public Wi-Fi.

With a free, unlimited, native VPN that just works out-of-the-box and doesn’t require any subscription, Opera wants to make VPNs available to everyone.

To activate it, Mac users just need to click the Opera menu, select “Preferences” and toggle the feature VPN on, while Windows and Linux users need to go to the “Privacy and Security” section in “Settings” and enable VPN there. A button will appear in the browser address field, from which the user can see and change location

It’s free and unlimited to use, yet it offers several must-have options available in paid VPNs, such as:
•Hide your IP address – Opera will replace your IP address with a virtual IP address, so it’s harder for sites to track your location and identify your computer. This means you can browse the web more privately.
•Unblocking of firewalls and websites – Many countries, schools and workplaces block video-streaming sites, social networks and other services. By using a VPN you can access your favorite content, no matter where you are.
•Public Wi-Fi security – When you’re surfing the web on public Wi-Fi, intruders can easily sniff data. By using a VPN, you can improve the security of your personal information.

With built in ad-blocker and now this, Opera sure is doing right things - I have downloaded it after years.

This is available on developer channel Opera now, general release to follow shortly -

http://www.opera.com/developer

Source:
http://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2016/04/free-vpn-integrated-opera-for-windows-mac/

w00t.
Wonder why no one has responded to this news till now.
Looks like everyone is still happy in his Google / Chrome Land ...

For many schools/offices/workplaces this will still not work because even access to VPN routing sites is banned usually. Well let me try. ;)

I will bet this so called VPN implemented by Opera silently and sneakily captures and reports your activities to the authorities :p

Just wait for breaking news / controversy of privacy issues with this some time in the near future.

Back