FS: Cables Unlimited HDMI cable (brand new, straight from Amazon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce

Adept
Link to the product page

Just got them straight from Amazon to replace the pathetic low cost cables that I had purchased from Lamington Rd. I ordered 3 to hook up the two LCDs with one as a backup but the overall feel and quality is awesome to need any backup, so this one is straight up for sale on TE. Absolutely brand new, I have the online receipt available and shall provide a copy in the package.

This is probably the best sub-$10 cable with proper gold connectors. Straight from the product page on Amazon: "Beware of thin cheaper aftermarket cables. Generally cables under $8.00 can NOT be made up to current standards due to the current cost of copper increases! These "knock-off" cables will NOT provide full signal strength from your PC/Projector and rarely support a clear 1080p picture. We suggest purchasing from a seller that distinguishes this difference in their notes field."

Demo'ed a BD disc of Planet Earth on my 46 incher via this cable to my family over lunch today. Sufficient to say that none of us even touched our plates. :D No problem with pumping 1080p through this cable.

Snaps (click for larger ones)

redcross said:
DTDC charges Rs. 40 for any item shipped to mumbai from bangalore if it is less than 1 Kilo

I knew someone would post such a thing. Mate, search for DTDC Rani Baug/Byculla/Parel, call them up and confirm it yourself. I am least interested in overcharging, especially when it comes to shipping options.

Edit:
These rates are what the guy at the service desk told me for anything from a gram to less than a kilogram.

Quality cannot be measured via cheaper or expensive HDMI cable.

As these are digital signals, it will go or it wont.

But anyway pricing is great.

gforce said:
I knew someone would post such a thing. Mate, search for DTDC Rani Baug/Byculla/Parel, call them up and confirm it yourself. I am least interested in overcharging, especially when it comes to shipping options.

may be i dont know about mumbai, but when i use DTDC service here in blore they charge me Rs. 40 for a item which is less than 1 kG

redcross said:
may be i dont know about mumbai, but when i use DTDC service here in blore they charge me Rs. 40 for a item which is less than 1 kG
Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that I'm in Mumbai, so the pricing from Bangalore is irrelevant. Perhaps we should write a letter to the head honcho at DTDC?

@coolraghav:
Perhaps there's no difference in actual performance, but the super cheap cables for less than a hundred bucks don't seem to deliver at 1080p.

gforce said:
Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that I'm in Mumbai, so the pricing from Bangalore is irrelevant.

Don't DTDC have a uniform pricing structure throughout the country??

I just shipped a BT headset to kniwor and they charged 110 for that. Two weeks ago, I shipped a MSFT headset to mutant in Bengal and they charged me a hundred and forty. Three weeks ago, I sent a MSFT mouse to some dude in Kandivili (Mumbai suburbs) and got charged 40 bucks.
My only guess is that actual freight charges of some sort bump up the price. Perhaps DTDC pays more to commercial airlines at Bombay airport to ship their stuff.

EDIT:
Guys, if you're definitely buying the cable, the choice of courier is your choice. I chose DTDC only because they're enroute to work and extremely reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back