FS: Clearance sale Autumn/Winter, many items! All gone, shutting down thread soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranky

Skilled
Note: everything is sold. Awaiting buyer confirmation before shutting thread down!!!

Here's my next clearance thread - Mumbai buyers only please. I'll make items available over the next three weeks, adding and removing hardware as they are relieved from active duty. All items here are active items only (i.e. not lying in storage). Some will be carried over from my last clearance thread, but most of the stuff here is fresh. And the reason for sale is mostly upgrades. None are accident cases. :)

Note that any thread crapping and lowballing will result in the thread being closed. By me. So if you see lowballing, you're encouraged to point it out so that genuine buyers can go on with business. Any clarifications and I'll only be too happy to answer.

1. Byte XPS 5.1 speakers with FM and remote. Sold.

These are my old faithfuls. The Byte brand is (was?) from Calcutta, and these speakers were built to run for ever. They have a 5.25" subwoofer in a 4th order bandpass box, and 5 full range speakers. I changed out the original noname drivers to Peerless coated paper cone full range drivers. Rated power is 18x5 + 30 watts for the sub (I checked the chips, and these are RMS ratings). They sound far, far better than any low-end Creative junk. The amps are not modded. Buyer will get all original wires for the rear speakers. The front three speakers have wire replacement with higher quality wire and plugs. You can see the gold-plated plug in the first picture. You won't be able to get this kind of sound from a surround system at 3x the price, and that's a personal guarantee. Small cosmetic blemish on one of the rear speakers, as can be seen in pic.

Price: 2.8K, non negotiable. The drivers alone cost 1600 bucks.

2. Asus M2A-VM: SOLD

I really like this mobo. Rock-stable over all conditions for 24x7 use. Only selling it because I got a new one with Displayport for my 30" Dell. The mobo is only two months old, and has warranty upto Jul/2010.

Price: 2.4K (lowballers - Please PM me!)

3. Full S754 combo: Combo only pls. SOLD!

On offer is a S754 Combo of A643200+, Asus K8V-MX AGP mATX board, and 512MB DDR400 CAS 2.5 Transcend ValueRAM. The combo runs perfectly, and needs a new home as I outgrew it a long time ago. We can swap the 3200+ with a 3000+ for a little less, but the Board and CPU need to be picked up together. The CPUs both work down to .82 ~ .9V, so will make great downloading rigs. The prices are as good as the new Atom rigs but with tons more power. PM me quickly on these.

Price:

2K MB & 3000+

2.2K MB, RAM and 3000+

2.1K MB & 3200+

2.3K MB, RAM and 3200+.

Intel E6600 CPU - Warning: lapped CPU, no official warranty.
Sold.

With stock heatsink, and no warranty. CPU is about two years old as of Nov 2008. Without any added voltage she does 3.2GHz. Underclocks just fine, I had it running at 1.6GHz for six months in a low-power config. The CPU is lapped so no official warranty applies, but will provide DOA warranty. Moved to Q6600, hence the sale.

Price: 3.5K (Lowballers - PM me please).

5. Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro: Sold

Nothing much to say. In perfect condition. Bought six months ago from KMD. Moved to the Core Contact freezer so this is not required. anyway this is my last Intel system. Bought from KMD. No local warranty. Actually, no warranty so will provide testing before pick-up.

Price: 1.3K (Lowballers - PM me please)

6. Modded SB Live! Value: Sold

This is a dinosaur from 2001, rejigged by yours truly to match up to my more expensive 'pro' sound cards. Originally a 4.1 card, the rear channel has been modded with an LM4562 opamp and Panasonic capacitors. The front channel has Panasonic capacitors as well, as do all supply lines for the analog converters. The sound is pretty fantastic for this price range, and for best results it should be used as a stereo card with the Kx drivers and running off the rear output (setup help will be provided, along with drivers and a setup file). If you're looking for audiophile quality sound at a throwaway price, this is it. It'll be happy with the Creative drivers as well, but it shines in stereo mode. Auditions available.

Note: This card is the world's first two-slot sound card. Due to some very large caps I could not fit all the caps on the 'correct' side of the board. As a result you will be unable to use the PCI or PCI Express slot just above the slot for this card, if there are conflicting components on the other card. Please bring your other card if you want to double-check this.

DOA warranty provided, along with setup help.

Price: 1.5K (Lowballers - die please) :D

Alien DAC: Sold

I've written about it extensively, and it's the best sound source for frugal-philes. The DAC is slightly modded from stock, with Nichicon Muse capacitors. Basically, I'm only selling this because I don't need it really, but someone else might benefit. It needs a USB header, the type that is on the motherboard, and a free PCI slot on the backplane (but not the motherboard). Auditions available.

DOA warranty provided, along with setup help.

Price: 3.5K (Lowballers - PM me please)

8. eCube Full ATX cabinet: Sold

Full ATX in a slim form factor. Takes regular ATX power supply, 3.5"x2 and 5.25"x 2. 60mm exhaust fans. Needs a power supply with 80mm rear exhaust, like the power supply below.

Price: 650

9. Powersafe 400 watt silver: Sold

Not much to say. Rock-solid power supply for entry-level rigs. Working perfectly fine, wanted to upgrade to a VX450 for silence in all rigs. No warranty - the supply is less than 2 years old but has been opened for cleaning. Cables are sleeved with wire wrap for added neatness and airflow. Combo with the cabinet a strong possibility.

Price: 650

Keep watching for new additions.

sangram said:
sri_k - I have no idea and it's not in the mobo anymore, but I'll try and find out.

Check the proccy box for the same. If you dont have the box, then you cant as the CPU is lapped anyway :p

CPUz, but it's not on the mobo. I don't have the box anymore. It has to be reinstalled to find out the stepping. And the CCF is a pain to take off and put back again, hence not a project for immediate execution.

noobq:

will the dac improve sound for someone using onboard ?

and where does the dac come in the route? proc->soundcard->dac->speakers?

It basically connects directly to the USB. the reason it's not called a soundcard but a DAC is that it has no inputs, and that it does not have an audio controller but uses the host CPU to transmit audio packets over a generic USB bus.

It does not need a soundcard to operate though. Just a free USB header (the 9-pin header on the mobo) and a PCI backplane slot to affix it to. Output is through a generic 3.5mm RCA, but I'll upgrade to RCA gold jacks for the buyer if so desired, or a flyout 3.5mm gold-plated Neutrik and some premium cable if so desired, depending on what you want to connect to.

Quick note: I'm gonna be offline till tomorrow sometime as my new board gets installed. When I'm back up I'll have a motherboard, power supply and cabinet for sale, and a review for the new board as well.

So don't get paranoid if I don't reply to PM.

Well, I'm back, but may be going down again for a couple of days. Need to reinstall Windows on this machine. In the meantime, new items up, have a look.

9600GT is not on till after I get my 4870X2, it's going to take till early next week for it to appear on sale. Thanks for the interest and patience.

Sangram said:
I've written about it extensively, and it's the best sound source for frugal-philes. The DAC is slightly modded from stock, with Nichicon Muse capacitors. Basically, I'm only selling this because I don't need it really, but someone else might benefit. It needs a USB header, the type that is on the motherboard, and a free PCI slot on the backplane (but not the motherboard).

Hmmm... any links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back