FS: Corsair Xms Twin 1gb (512x2) Ddr 400 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumaster

Disciple
Selling the above new CORSAIR XMS Twin Platinum 1 GB (512X2) RAM sticks, model CMX512R-3200C2PT, bought for my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe from eBay, USA for $90 last week.

RAM is Registered (Unbuffered) Memory type, specifically for use in ASUS SK8N & other ATHLON 64 FX mobos, with advanced latency setting of 2-3-3-6 @ 200. Selling as they do not work in my mobo at all. Realised my goof up on installing the RAM sticks on my mobo yesterday on receipt from the USA. Will give off at Rs 4K inclusive of shipping. Interested buyers may PM me asap.

Interested in them for a pal!!:)

What mobo did it not work with??:huh:

Gimme time till tonight to ask pal and let you know!!:cool2:

No these are non ECC but registered memory.....Doubtful if it work on normal amd64 cpu's .....anyways potential buyers would be well adviced to do some research before buying ....

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail at Newegg.com

Is this the same one u have!!:S

One of the user reviews says- Works perfectly in dual channel with my a7n8x
and from rig gallery- if 'MKM' or something like that is your rig- u got an AXP 2400+ and Asus a7n8x i think!!
Now i am confused why it didnt work- if it is the same!!

So wondering that another user review says works on A64 3500+, will it work ith a foxconn and 3000+??

Help me pals!!:(

model number as posted by the seller
model CMX512R-3200C2PT

Model number as posted on newegg
TWINX1024-3200C2PT

R = denotes Registered i think ....

Yep. DeeJay's got it right. The 'R' denotes Registered Memory. Otherwise the model no is same as other XMS DDR RAM for ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo like CMX512-3200C2PT. This RAM is CMX512R-3200C2PT. Will work in only ATHLON 64 FX Mobos. Pl check the Corsair website and get back to me.

• Athlon 64 FX (940)

Supports dual channel memory architecture, two sticks of memory are recommended for best performance. Unlike the Athlon 64, the Athlon 64 FX requires Registered memory. Athlon 64 FX supports PC1600, PC2100, PC2700 and PC3200 Unbuffered memory speeds. We recommend that you select PC3200 or faster memory for the Athlon 64 FX for best performance.

• Opteron (940):

Supports dual channel memory architecture, two sticks of memory are recommended for best performance. The Opteron requires Registered memory.

Anyone interested ? Price negotiable as I have no use for these RAM sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back