FS: Creative Live! Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay

Skilled
The model number of the Card is CT4670.
Here is the exact pic of the card that i found on the net.

This board is using Creative EMU10K1-EDF DSP and CT1297 codec.
(This is an apt cut & paste from an Ebay auction of the card)
Overview
Am selling a used Sound Blaster Live! Value Digital Sound Card. It was the most powerful sound card ever taking the industry by storm, Creative introduced the Sound Blaster Live! Value for the mainstream market. The casual PC entertainment enthusiasts and even the non-gaming music lovers can now enjoy the wonders of Sound Blaster Live!’s Environmental Audio. Sound Blaster Live! Sound Blaster Live! Value incorporates the superior surround-sound rendering of Environmental Audio™ to create sound so real it has to be Live! You'll enjoy music productions so dynamic like you're right in the middle of an orchestra. The Sound Blaster Live! Value hardware-accelerated Environmental Audio Extensions™ (EAX™), supporting new titles, offers an experience that goes beyond 3D Audio. Add the ability to enhance all your existing games and legacy audio with true digital processing and it will blow your home theater away!
Features and Benefits
The Sound Blaster Live! Value Sound Card has the following features and benefits:

• Hollywood-Quality Audio Re-creation

With professional-quality synthesizers and digital I/O, Sound Blaster Live! Value provides audio fidelity that rivals movie theaters with digital sound. Excellent overall audio fidelity is achieved with an average Noise Floor of -120 dB, a level unheard of in the PC industry.

• Powerful Audio Processing Engine

The EMU10K1â„¢ audio processor is the most powerful integrated music, audio and effects engine available. Every signal is processed at 32-bit, 192 dB, 48 kHz using 8-point interpolation to smoothen the sound, instantly improving any audio source. Apply real-time effects including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Echo, and Pitch Shifter, that rival stand-alone expensive professional effects processors.

• Environmental Audioâ„¢ Enhances Existing Contents

Experience depth and realism beyond existing 3D audio. Apply preset environments such as hall, cave or underwater that can be applied to your existing games and applications for incredibly true sound. Game environmental settings also make your existing games come "alive" instantaneously.

• Multiple Speaker Output

Produce surround-sound audio on your PC with built-in support for two or four analog speakers.

• 512-Voice Music Synthesis

512-voice capability goes beyond the quality and performance available in most professional music equipment. Using host memory, you can choose from E-mu's 2 MB, 4 MB, or 8 MB SoundFont professional-quality sample banks for music reproduction. Or use up to 32 MB of memory for amazing SoundFont music fidelity. All these without sacrificing on CPU utilization.

• Sound Blaster PCI Standard

You can be assured of near-perfect Sound Blaster compatibility on the PCI bus while enjoying all its benefits. It works with the existing MS-DOS-based and Windows-based titles, completely replacing your existing ISA sound card.

• Environmental Audio Extensionsâ„¢ (EAXâ„¢)/Broad Driver Support

Environment Audio Extensions is an open standard that allows the broadest support from software developers. Supports Microsoft DirectSound, DirectSound3D, and derivative technologies. Advanced architecture is ready for the coming generations of WDM, DLS, and IEEE 1394/Firewire devices.

• Sound Blaster Live! Web site - www.sblive.com

Exciting new applications and developer support will be available on the Sound Blaster Live! Web site. For instant access to the latest applications, enhancements, drivers, and more, visit www.sblive.com.

Product Details
PCI Bus Mastering

• PCI Specification Version 2.1 compliant
  • Bus mastering reduces latency and speeds up system performance
EMU10K1

• Advanced hardware accelerated digital effects processing
  • 32-bit digital processing while maintaining a 192 dB dynamic range
  • Patented 8-point interpolation that achieves the highest quality of audio reproduction
  • 64-voice hardware wavetable synthesizer
  • Professional-quality digital mixing and equalization
  • Up to 32 MB of sound RAM mapped to host memory
Stereo Digitized Voice Channel

• True 16-bit Full Duplex operation
  • 16-bit and 8-bit digitizing in stereo and mono modes
  • Playback of 64 audio channels, each at an arbitrary sample rate
  • ADC recording sampling rates: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz
  • Dithering for 8-bit and 16-bit recording
AC ’97 Codec Mixer

• Mixes EMU10K1 audio sources and analog sources such as CD Audio, Line In, Microphone, Auxiliary, TAD and PC Speaker
  • Selectable input source or mixing of various audio sources for recording
  • 16-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at 48 kHz sample rate
Volume Control

• Software record and playback control of Master, Digitized Voice, and inputs from MIDI device, CD Audio, Line, Microphone, Auxiliary, TAD, PC Speaker, SPDIF, Wave/DirectSound device, and CD Digital (CD SPDIF)
  • Separate bass and treble control
  • Front and Rear Balance control
  • Muting and balance control for individual playback sources
E-mu Environmental ModelingTM

• Realistic 3D experience that increases depth and breadth in perceived audio
  • Highly accurate positioning of audio objects in 3D space
  • Exceptional reproduction of various ambient and environmental effects
DynaRAMTM

• Dynamically allocating host memory for storing and processing sound samples
  • Need not rely on onboard audio card memory
Creative Multi Speaker SurroundTM (CMSSTM)

• Multi-speaker technology
  • Professional-quality panning and mixing algorithm
  • Independent multiple sounds can be moved and placed around a listener
Connectivity
Audio Inputs

• One line-level analog Line input via stereo jack on rear bracket
  • One mono Microphone analog input via stereo jack on rear bracket
  • CD_IN line-level analog input via 4-pin Molex connector on card
  • AUX_IN line-level analog input via 4-pin Molex connector on card
  • TAD line-level analog input via 4-pin Molex connector on card
  • CD_SPDIF digital input via 2-pin Molex connector on card, accepting sampling rates of 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz.
Audio Outputs

• Two line-level analog outputs via stereo jacks on rear bracket, Front and Rear Line-Outs
  • Stereo headphone (32-ohm load) support on Front Line-Out
Interfaces

• MB_PRO 2x5 pin header
  • PC_SPK 1x2 pin header
  • AUD_EXT header
  • MIDI/Joystick connector, external, DB15S
System Requirements
For Creative software, your card requires at least:

• Pentium class 133 MHz or equivalent processor
  • Windows 95, 98 or Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP
  • 16MB RAM for Windows 95/98 (32 MB RAM recommended),

32 MB RAM for Windows NT 4.0

• 72 MB of free hard disk space for Windows 95/98;

55 MB for Windows NT 4.0

• One free PCI bus slot
  • Powered speakers or external amplifier
The General specification of card can be viewed from the user manual avialable http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp?type=manuals
I had bought this card in the year 2000, but within weeks i had got one Live! platinum, so it has not been used since.
Product manual + Software cd's will be included.
Expected Price: Rs. 1000 (Negotiable)
Shipping Extra.

Nope. This is the first of the series of live! cards.

it has 4 channel analogue outputs.

But it can output 5.1 in digital (spdif) format. for which you need either a digital i/o card or you would need to connect a cable to the audio ext connectors on the pcb.

due to the good quality components (Capacitors) and pcb layout the sound quality is pretty good.

Deejay , I am interested to buy this card and one tube of AS5 from you . before that , you will have to tell me whether i will get a big sound improvement from my onboard and whether 24bit ( compared to 16bit ) matters ? . I am willing to pay you 950 bucks for the card max. please do test the card if its working . oh yeah , approval awaited :)

^^ The card on sale is not the 24-bit Live! card. As deejay mentioned, its the first in the Live series of cards :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
^^ The card on sale is not the 24-bit Live! card. As deejay mentioned, its the first in the Live series of cards :)
thats why i asked whats the difference between 16bit and 24bit and whether 24 bit matters alot or not . :)

broar94 said:
Deejay , I am interested to buy this card and one tube of AS5 from you . before that , you will have to tell me whether i will get a big sound improvement from my onboard and whether 24bit ( compared to 16bit ) matters ?

Ultimately the sound quality is dependent upon the quality of ur speakers and the isolation / placement of the speakers.
about 99% of the times the external audio amp and the speakers will be limiting factor (Frequency Response) ( given the quality of speakers used by us common folks.) and not this card or any other sound card for that matter.unless you have very high fidelity amps or speakers which would cost in lakhs of rupees .....Each.
Frankly i do not have fine tuned ears or true hi-fi speakers / headphones to make out any substantial or even tiny difference between 16 bit and 24 bit sound. or the difference between 90~ 100 db / 110db S/N ratio. Remember the commercial recorded CD's you get are 16 bit.
I do not know about the recording part (ADC) w.r.t 16bit and 24 bit since i do not do any recordings.
All i can say is that these will definitely sound better than ur on-board and many other Cheaper sound cards. Also This will improve ur gaming speed since it does not depend upon the cpu for audio processing (like the on-board).

so if ur requirements are general purpose music listening and gaming then this is a good card within its price range.
Also the creative audio software rocks.

deejay said:
Ultimately the sound quality is dependent upon the quality of ur speakers and the isolation / placement of the speakers.
about 99% of the times the external audio amp and the speakers will be limiting factor (Frequency Response) ( given the quality of speakers used by us common folks.) and not this card or any other sound card for that matter.unless you have very high fidelity amps or speakers which would cost in lakhs of rupees .....Each.
Frankly i do not have fine tuned ears or true hi-fi speakers / headphones to make out any substantial or even tiny difference between 16 bit and 24 bit sound. or the difference between 90~ 100 db / 110db S/N ratio. Remember the commercial recorded CD's you get are 16 bit.
I do not know about the recording part (ADC) w.r.t 16bit and 24 bit since i do not do any recordings.
All i can say is that these will definitely sound better than ur on-board and many other Cheaper sound cards. Also This will improve ur gaming speed since it does not depend upon the cpu for audio processing (like the on-board).

so if ur requirements are general purpose music listening and gaming then this is a good card within its price range.
Also the creative audio software rocks.
then its all good . I buy your card ! lol . plz do test the card first :)

you have not mentioned ur approval regarding my price of 950 bucks for your card ! please come to MSN soon ! ( 11pm 9/9/05 )

broar94 has just confirmed to purchase the card. along with a tube of AS5,. The Total cost is 1500/- incld. shipping for both.
He would be sending the payment by this week end.

please confirm broar94 so that i can request the mods to close this thread.

Yes . I have agreed to buy his card and one tube of AS5 for the above price :)

plz close the thread , mods

will be sending payment to him shortly mostly by this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back