[FS]M-Audio Audiophile 2496 ASIO 2.0 Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi-Wan

Adept
Selling another Audiophile 2496. This is not the one that i sold earlier.i had 2 of these in my rig

Purchased for 5800 + tax from Lynx
I have the bill,box ,accessorries

This is a pro card meant for recording-no creative card can provide that quality.this is NOT a gaming card..it does provide good quality music :eek:hyeah:
Price is 4000 shipped via DTDC.Fixed.dont pm me with a lower price.

Reason For Sale- Got a better card

Pics (they were clicked on 25th July but i removed it from sale) .if this is against the rules,tell me and i'll put new pics now only.the card is in my rig-

I definitely need a sound card for spdif output to my onkyo. But I dont know how good it will work with movies/music. (thats all for I need)

I need to hear some good reviews about this card.

DACs are not required for SPDIF output.

However the DACs on this card will beat the DACs on the Onkyo into dust.

You'd be best served by using the digital output for movies, and the analog output for music.

I just want to use SPDIF output so that only one wire goes from desktop to the onkyo.

So when I watch movies i want all 5.1 speakers should well and be well sent by that way from the computer. I dont want onkyo equalizers or something like dolby pro logic etc to be used. As most of the movies now are HD and have 6 Channel AAC sound.

For music, you expect me to put another wire . 3.5 mm to 2 RCA at another place ?

-Raghav

@coolraghav: I don't like crapping the thread, but here's my last post - you can do whatever you want. One wire will be enough. Two will be better. I don't expect you to do anything, except what you want. The analog connection will ensure you can enjoy music at very high quality, if you want to continue using the Onkyo's decoders (which are frankly, quite horrible) you're welcome to.

There is no 3.5mm on this card, it has RCA connectors. So you would have needed an RCA-RCA cable. But you don't seem to want to listen to good advice, so have it your way.

@nish: sorry for crapping your thread and the OT.

^ its cool man :)
@coolraghav -
Every pro card you get will pwn consumer audio stuff anyday.if u r looking for some analog stuff this won't offer that.it can only offer spdif for u to use with onkyo.and connecting just another wire is not what 5.1 is.for direct analog u get m audio revolution.for spdif its this card i've to offer

BUT this card is better than any consumer card.. :)

yet anothr bump

if anyone has a confusion i'd be happy to clear it myself if u post in the thread
and most things have already been cleared by me/sangram

^^^^ I've a set of MX5021, which has an analog input (3.5mm Headphone Jack), I'll be able to use RCA-3.5mm Jack with you card for MX. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back