FS: XFX 8600GT 256MB (Modded to XXX Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbY

Skilled
XFX 8600GT 256MB modded to XXX Edition Firmware

Games I played on the card:
Crysis: High @1024X768
COD4:MAX Settings @1024X768
Gears OF War:MAX Settings @1024X768
Pro-Street:MAX Settings @1024X768

In my well ventilated cabby idle around 50C and load 63C

Did not bother ocing any further, cause didnt feel the need

This was purchased from Neville.

Card still has more than 2 years of local warranty.

Comes will original box and accessories.
Reason For Sale: Need Money and No Time For Gaming
MUMBAI BUYERS PREFERRED......COD PREFERRED

A new XFX card costs about 5.5k .....the XXX edition costs even more...low-ballers keep off or PM me don't crap the thread :p

This card is still cheaper than some 8600GTs selling around @ TE

Looking for a quick sale

Title is misleading and please edit that to 'modded to XXX'.
( Caution: Modding the gfx BIOS is illegal and risky and not recommended at all.)

abhisheksahas said:
Even if you OC your card it is not under warranty......so there is no diff....:p

You are greatly mistaken. :no:

There is a huge difference- Please do not mislead with your ignorance. :cool2:
Though illegal, one cannot say OCing killed the card unless its burnt or physically damaged.

And that is why many get away with it.

A modded BIOS on the other hand straightaway voids warranty as it was intended for a different card with a different Model/Serial number and that is definite proof of tampering. :(

(For the same reason i had mentioned to someone to go back to the original BIOS and to use it OCed at their own risk but whatever clocks the original BIOS allows one to.)
Also if a card can run on higher clocks of an extreme edition card, it doesn't ensure it will be safe for a longer period of time. :cool2:

Usually, an X-rated card does come with better components.

It's especially the faster mem chips and better yields of cores that allow it to be X-rated.

(Not to forget better cooling- not necessarily in this case- in the same single slot cooler, some only have a copper base while others may have embedded heatpipes too. plus a better fan at times and maybe different default fan speeds. :cool2: )
Don't defend/argue for the sake of it :cool2:

I really don't want anyone to go through what happens when the card goes bad and one is unable to flash it back to the original BIOS. :hap5:

(While a card gone bad with original BIOS will only entail the usual hassles of rma. :) )
A lot of people can raise their hands in despair after having sold a product but a responsible seller will never put the buyer at risk. :cool2:

You are greatly mistaken.
There is a huge difference- Please do not mislead with your ignorance.

Though illegal, one cannot say OCing killed the card unless its burnt or physically damaged.
A modded BIOS on the other hand straightaway voids warranty as it was intended for a different card with a different Model/Serial number and that is definite proof of tampering.
(For the same reason i had mentioned to someone to go back to the original BIOS and to use it OCed at their own risk but whatever clocks the original BIOS allows one to.)

Also if a card can run on higher clocks of an extreme edition card, it doesn't ensure it will be safe for a longer period of time.
It's especially the faster mem chips and better yields of cores that allow it to be X-rated.
(Not to forget better cooling- not necessarily in this case- in the same single slot cooler, some only have a copper base while others may have embedded heatpipes too. plus a better fan at times and maybe different default fan speeds. )

Don't defend/argue for the sake of it
I really don't want anyone to go through what happens when the card goes bad and one is unable to flash it back to the original BIOS.
(While a card gone bad with original BIOS will only entail the usual hassles of rma. )

A lot of people can raise their hands in despair after having sold a product but a responsible seller will never put the buyer at risk.

If anybody wants to buy the card with the modded BIOS pls PM me, all the saintly souls in TE who do not like the idea of the modded BIOS let me know I will restore th original BIOS (I have the backup) can give you.

Price is the remains the same.

Just to add, I am currently using the card works perfectly wth the mod.

The card is no way under warranty with that modded BIOS. And as Bikey already said, overclocking can let you get away unless you physically damage the card but with the modded BIOS, its a sure shot proof of tampering and you will not have any chances of getting a replacement unless you are lucky enough to be able to flash back to the original BIOS before giving the card for RMA in case of an issue.

Right now with the modded BIOS your card is not under any kind of warranty :( and your post was misleading.

And FYI, a new XFX 8600GT 256 MB DDR3 is for 5k now over here,

TheITWares - Graphic Cards

I am not interested in buying your card but your first post is still not correct as you say "A new XFX card costs about 5.5k .....the XXX edition costs even more..."

Please compare this card only with the price of a new normal 8600GT and not the XXX version as it is not the XXX version with warranty.

i am not arguing, but its a reasonably unbelievable fact that non xxx rated cards most of the times overclock more; maybe(yeah atleast logically) it is the core yield that the manufac rates them as xxx but the non xxx versions many a times overclock more than the xxx. Maybe cause its their constant core testing(like a 1lakh x loop) that might make the xxx rated cores weary due a sort of burn-in' effect, just a maybe, lesser know the real reason behind. so usually better components are used alright; usually the non xxx card oces better too.

@Abhidude - man flash that card back this instant; its under warranty(not if u tell the manufac. that hey look u numbs look what i have done!), good, be a bit responsible person as Bikenstein said. although the card is as u say perfectly fine w/ the modded bios, it doesn't hurt to flashybacky:)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
You are greatly mistaken. :no:
There is a huge difference- Please do not mislead with your ignorance. :cool2:
A modded BIOS on the other hand straightaway voids warranty as it was intended for a different card with a different Model/Serial number and that is definite proof of tampering. :(
Also if a card can run on higher clocks of an extreme edition card, it doesn't ensure it will be safe for a longer period of time. :cool2:
(Not to forget better cooling- not necessarily in this case- in the same single slot cooler, some only have a copper base while others may have embedded heatpipes too. plus a better fan at times and maybe different default fan speeds. :cool2: )
Don't defend/argue for the sake of it :cool2:
I really don't want anyone to go through what happens when the card goes bad and one is unable to flash it back to the original BIOS. :hap5:
(While a card gone bad with original BIOS will only entail the usual hassles of rma. :) )
A lot of people can raise their hands in despair after having sold a product but a responsible seller will never put the buyer at risk. :cool2:

Price Drop Bump.................................Price revised to Rs4000......I need cash badly and that is the only reason no prob with card at all

a bump after a long time
card currently on HOLD for hunter if he backs out then its up for grabs again

price Rs 3,750

If you do not want the XXX edition BIOS I can give you the default BIOS.

Current price of this card is Rs 5150 @ Click here

hey buddy i am also intrested if the card is still there........

i also stay in mumbai so i can collect the card frm u r place no need to wrry abt the delivery n all tht

Lose it guys, i am buying it today. Dont even come back here :p

@ Abhishek. Will be waiting for ur call today evening. :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back