full hd finally

stormblast

Skilled
had ordered the dell e248wfp recently. it was lying in vashi since 6days. finally got it today. hooked it up. colors are very good. i found it a little better than the dell e228 that i have in the office. little more vibrant.

not done a lot of calibration yet. will get onto that asap.

enough talk. here are the pics. the pic quality aint that great. used the p990i for taking pics.

pic of the desktop.

1080p bourne supremacy in action

1920 x 1200 :)

congrats dude.. :)

did u get it through the GO on TE...for 20,300 ?? what was da total damage...?

and yeah looking at the price and the pics i guess its not a TN panel ?

would love to see a review on this ..

EDIT : googling says that its a TN panel..anywayz do write a review on this if possible..

also this link says that its only good for business applications ..is it true ?

how good it is for gaming and movies ?

:psorry for too many Questions..actually i liked the monitor..congrats once again..;)

faheem_m said:
congrats dude.. :)
did u get it through the GO on TE...for 20,300 ?? what was da total damage...?
and yeah looking at the price and the pics i guess its not a TN panel ?

would love to see a review on this ..

EDIT : googling says that its a TN panel..anywayz do write a review on this if possible..
also this link says that its only good for business applications ..is it true ?
how good it is for gaming and movies ?
:psorry for too many Questions..actually i liked the monitor..congrats once again..;)

no i dint get it through te. i got it myself from dell for cheaper than the te price with the bill & 5yr warranty.

it is a tn panel. its great as i really dont care about tn or mva or ips. its all hyped up. there ofcourse is a difference in tn & the others but its obviously not worth the premium the people ask for. thats just my honest opinion.

what business apps do you have in mind.
this thing is great for games n movies & also for my work.

also 1 good feature in the screen is the sharpness setting it has. its helpfull when gaming @ a resolution lower than the native res.

:) Congrats Stormy for this purchase...
Expecting a full scale review :p ...
I am confused between this panel and the 2007 ultrasharp...Getting it in Feb...
Can you specifically mention how good the panel is for playing games in non native resolution...say like 1280*1024 or 1650*1080

Edit: The general reviews for this panel has been mixed...some likeit..while others have complaints of blurriness and washed out colors..

Waiting for your review :)

thanks guys.

@raj - ill try testing some games @ lower res n check. should be ok i guess.
damages for the lcd were Rs.17900/- all inclusive with 5 years warranty with vashi delivery.

wowsa! only about rs 18k for the LCD ??? including taxes? i got a quote a couple of weeks ago for rs 25k!

where are the reviews of this being blurry? i was hoping for razor sharp display (colour/viewing angles etc not that important to me) since its an LCD ffs...

Congrats...While I do agree for most part abt the hype of mva and ips poanels...but for movies I dont agree that TN is as good a bet...

stormblast said:
thanks guys.

@raj - ill try testing some games @ lower res n check. should be ok i guess.
damages for the lcd were Rs.17900/- all inclusive with 5 years warranty with vashi delivery.

omg storm, thats an amazing price you got there, hopefully you can help peeps like me get similar deal from the Rep. you bought.

congrats dude!

vij said:
Congrats...While I do agree for most part abt the hype of mva and ips poanels...but for movies I dont agree that TN is as good a bet...

i have to agree with vij on this one! u can make out the difference when u see the colour reproduction and the details in movies (the dark areas)- especially the hd ones.

Back