Monitors Full HD monitor

luckyrao

Disciple
Hi Friends,
I want to purchase a Full HD PC monitor,preferably 24".Budget 30 to 40k.I would prefer a PVA/MVA panels cos im annoyed with TN panels limited viewing angle.Only monitor i could think of was Dell 2408WFP but im avoiding that cos its plagued with lot of problems.Im interested in Samsung 245T,BenQ FP241W,LG246WP after going through the reviews but they are not listed in their indian websites.Could u guys think of some PVA/MVA/IPS monitors thats available in India?
Brands like Apple,Gateway,DoubleSight available in here?

satyanjoy said:
go for Sony Bravia

dude he is asking for a PC monitor !! :mad:

atleast read the complete original post before replying.:no:

@op-anyways i dont know much about other Full HD LCD panels from other brands...but DELL E2408WFP isnt that bad ...many folks on TE have bought it ..and i think they are quiet happy with it.

Dinesh (digemini) has even written a review..do check it out ..

as far as other models are concerned wait for someone else to reply..;)

FaH33m said:
@op-anyways i dont know much about other Full HD LCD panels from other brands...but DELL E2408WFP isnt that bad ...many folks on TE have bought it ..and i think they are quiet happy with it.

dude he is asking for PVA/MVA/IPS panel monitor !! :mad:

atleast read the complete original post before replying. :no:

:tongue: :hap2:

Gurpartap Singh said:
hey 2408WFP is a S-PVA panel but its got a lot of complaints.

Gurpartap Singh said:

:rofl::rofl:E2408 WFP is 24" S-PVA panel full- HD in all it's glory.doesnt cost less than 35-40k officially.

i think you mistook it for E248WFP which is a TN panel and costs 19-20k.

by the way that first post of mine was not for you...:p

luckyrao said:
hey 2408WFP is a S-PVA panel but its got a lot of complaints.

not really ..there were a few minor glitches of input lag,back light bleeding etc. in the earlier revision but i think they have been taken care of in the latest revision ...

as i said before ..read this review my dinesh.

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-ultrasharp-2408wfp-a-quick-review-108392.html

he maybe even able to get you a real good deal on the 2408WFP ..atleast something less than the 45k online price.:eek:hyeah:

i think the pros of the monitor outdo the minor performance problems..of which many have been corrected lately.

so E2408WFP maybe your best bet..it even comes with 5yrs. panel replacement warranty.

see if you can get something better...if not DELL 2408WFP isnt a bad choice..infact it's really goood :p

PS: @luckyrao,

buddy can you please tell us the source of the complaints for the particular model?

FaH33m said:
:rofl::rofl:E2408 WFP is 24" S-PVA panel full- HD in all it's glory.doesnt cost less than 35-40k officially.
not really ..there were a few minor glitches of input lag,back light bleeding etc. in the earlier revision but i think they have been taken care of in the latest revision ...
http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-ultrasharp-2408wfp-a-quick-review-108392.html

he maybe even able to get you a real good deal on the 2408WFP ..atleast something less than the 45k online price.:eek:hyeah:

i think the pros of the monitor outdo the minor performance problems..of which many have been corrected lately.
so E2408WFP maybe your best bet..it even comes with 5yrs. panel replacement warranty.

see if you can get something better...if not DELL 2408WFP isnt a bad choice..infact it's really goood :p
buddy can you please tell us the source of the complaints for the particular model?

Nope, those problem still remains with 2408 and will remain until they change the panel itself and bring out the new / revised version. The horrible in put lag is still there and large no of LCDs rolling out even today still have the bleeding and banding issue. Personally I will not touch 2408 with a stick at the moment. Settle for 248 or if you can find LG L246WP then get that.

i looked up the dell community forum and theres not one buyer happy about 2408WFP ultrasharp.I know ppl come to the forum with complaints and for tech support but seems to me this monitor really has it.

Link to Dell Forum

FaH33m said:

^o :O

:crazy:

Didn't know dell offered non TN panel in 24'' other than 2408WFP

:ashamed: :ashamed: :happy: :noob:

EDIT: 2408WFP and not E2408WFP(mis-written for 2408WFP) has that non TN panel. I take back my regrets!!! :D

guys im just making a list of LCD manufacturers (Available in India).Pls add up if i miss some brands.
1.LG
2.Samsung
3.Viewsonic
4.BenQ
5.Acer
6.Dell

Today ill ask my dealer about the availability and pricing of the following and let u know guys :)

1.Dell 2408WFP (S-PVA panel)
2.LG L245WP/L246WP (S-PVA panel)
3.LG W2600HP (25.5" IPS panel)
4.BenQ FP241W/FP241WZ (S-PVA panel)
5.Samsung 244T/245T (S-PVA panel)

luckyrao said:
Today ill ask my dealer about the availability and pricing of the following and let u know guys :)

1.Dell 2408WFP (S-PVA panel)
2.LG L245WP/L246WP (S-PVA panel)
3.LG W2600HP (25.5" IPS panel)
4.BenQ FP241W/FP241WZ (S-PVA panel)
5.Samsung 244T/245T (S-PVA panel)

Great. buddy also update us with the rates.

LG W2600HP looks cool :)

luckyrao said:
@Maksa
thanks dude,that link gave me some idea.
welcome buddy! this site helps a lot to choose best product :)

Here are the price details,

1.Dell 2408WFP (S-PVA) - Rs.47,000
2.LG L245WP/L246WP (S-PVA) - N/A
3.LG W2600HP (25.5" IPS) - N/A
4.BenQ FP241W/FP241WZ (S-PVA) -N/A
5.Samsung 245T (S-PVA) - Rs.47,000
6.Acer AL2616W 25.5" (S-PVA) - Rs.33,000
7.Dell E248WFP (TN) - Rs.19,500
8.BenQ G2400W (TN) - Rs.20,500

im confused if i should pay the premium and go for Samsung 245T or settle with BenqQ G2400W/Dell E248WFP.
Right now im using a 19" TN panel,i think when going 24" viewing angle will be very critical.Any one using 24" which a TN panel,How bad is the viewing angle?

if you are not using your monitor for professional use then don't think much and get TN panel. you can save a lot. i have one 19" dell tn monitor it is just perfect for regular work. for pro work i use 2408WFP.

Back