Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine

Hi friends,

I need to chose between 5 Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machines mentioned below for a family of 2 persons only. I have not used washing machines, so I have no idea of which one to chose and I am totally confused.

Samsung WA85BSOEH
Price Rs. 12770
6.5Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine - WA85BSOEH - Top Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG

Samsung WA82B4TEC
Price Rs. 8560
No Tangle, Perfect Protection - WA82B4TEC - Top Loading - Washing Machine | SAMSUNG

LG WF-T7519QL
Price Rs. 12770
LG WF-T7519QL Top Load Washing Machine - 6.5 Kg, Turbodrum, 10 Water Level Selection, Punch + 3 Pulsator , Air Dry - LG Electronics IN

Whirlpool 1-2-3 650p
Price Rs. 13150
Whirlpool India > Products > Washing Machines > Fully Automatic(Top Load) > 1-2-3 650p

Whirlpool 1-2-3 651si
Price Rs. 13850
Whirlpool India > Products > Washing Machines > Fully Automatic(Top Load) > 1-2-3 651 si

Please advise me which will be better to go with.

Thanks in advance.

Type of wash (tumble-European makes; agitator-US, Whirlpool; pulsator -Japanese + clones) point of view both LG & Samsung are the same - pulsator. Whirlpool has the agitator but feedback I rec'd indicated that clothes get wrapped around the agitator tightly making it a chore to get them out.

That leaves LG and Samsung.

Both the Samsungs are similar except for the drum. The more expensive one says 'diamond drum' not sure if it is steel.

LG has the steel drum.

You can go for either of LG or Samsung. Go for the one that has steel drum. Plastic ones can scratch and stain.

I had a BPL; have an LG, happy with it - both were pulsator.

By the way, 6.5kg capacity for a two-member family, probably 5kg should suffice, considering more water would be wasted.

Jambumali said:
Type of wash (tumble-European makes; agitator-US, Whirlpool; pulsator -Japanese + clones) point of view both LG & Samsung are the same - pulsator. Whirlpool has the agitator but feedback I rec'd indicated that clothes get wrapped around the agitator tightly making it a chore to get them out.

That leaves LG and Samsung.

Both the Samsungs are similar except for the drum. The more expensive one says 'diamond drum' not sure if it is steel.

LG has the steel drum.

You can go for either of LG or Samsung. Go for the one that has steel drum. Plastic ones can scratch and stain.

I had a BPL; have an LG, happy with it - both were pulsator.

By the way, 6.5kg capacity for a two-member family, probably 5kg should suffice, considering more water would be wasted.

according to this, Lg machine seems be better.

LG WF-T7519QL

Price Rs. 12770

LG WF-T7519QL Top Load Washing Machine - 6.5 Kg, Turbodrum, 10 Water Level Selection, Punch + 3 Pulsator , Air Dry - LG Electronics IN

any other machine which may be more better than this, please suggest.

go for bigger size, u never know when u may need to wash more cloths.

and as far as wastage of water is concern it will take according to the load of clothes.

and from the models u mentioned go for the LG one!!!

Just recently bought LG 7239UL.. Costed me 11500. till now satisfied with the machine..

I suggest you to visit some local shop as they can give you more discount then big malls..

Got Samsung WA85BWMEH machine is happy with it, washing quality is very much satisfactory, except for collar of shirts which is adder later on the top. Bottom shirts which are added first have very clean collar.

^Yup the diamond drum (Its made of steel) Samsung's wash quality is pretty good for the price on offer. Using them for quite sometime now. Good choice. (Missed the thread though)

I have the exact same requirement, so re-using this thread instead of creating a new one

I read all the recent threads on washing machines on TE, and the general consensus I gathered is that

Siemens / Bosch - best of the lot
IFB - used to be good, no longer so
Samsung - mixed feedback
Whirlpool - costlier models are good
LG - mostly good feedback, though PCB an issue.

Now this is going to be my first washing machine purchase, and from what I read I am leaning towards LG / Whirlpool, primarily due to budget constraints (15K at most). All I need is a fully automatic top loading washing machine with atleast semi-dry. Is such a thing gettable in 15K?

definitely. if you don't fall for the "silver nano wash" etc etc!

Siemens & IFB are front-loading. Whirlpool - top loading, but agitator type wash.

There would be enough in Samsung/LG.

Look around.

Back