User Review FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review

Introduction
Members and readers may think FUNC is a new brand but it`s not true, Func is a California based company established in 1999 with the product range of Gaming mouse pads,Gaming keyboards and some other gaming peripherals. Today we will take a look at their first gaming mouse in their new range i.e FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse .

Features And Specifications

Features

Ergonomically Designed Grip Intelligence(TM)
The MS-3 is ergonomically designed to minimise hand strain and stress in order to allow you to keep your eye focussed on the screen and not on your grip.

Built to last with only the best components available
This mouse is built to last with only high-end components paired up with a two year warranty.

Customisable LED-light system with profile indication
Apply any of the 16.8 million colours individually or simply turn the LEDs off. The LED system can be used as a profile indicator or simply match up your mouse with other peripherals on your desk.

Unique T+4(TM) thumbzone button placement for more accurate gameplay
When you find yourself in a critical play movement, the importance of easily accessible buttons and an optimised Thumbzone is crucial to avoid miss-clicks.

Advanced macro editor records up to 20 actions live
The macro editor handles real-time recordings and is able to save up to 10 commands in one macro and a total of 60 macros; reachable from any profile.

Technical Specs.

MCU/Processor: WT6573
Switches: Omron
Sensor: Avago UGS 9500
Memory: Onboard, 512 kB
Resolution: 90-5670 DPI
Frames per second: 12 000
Tracking speed: 5.1 m/sec (150 ips)
Max Acceleration: 30 g
Image processing: 10.6 megapixels/sec
Report rate: Adjustable, up to 1000Hz
Lift-off distance: Adjustable
Upgradable firmware: Yes
Connection: USB. Goldplated (2 m braided cable)
Dimensions: 126.92 x 100.69 x 42.38mm / 4.99 x 3.97 x 1.69in
Net. weight: 127g / 0.28lbs.

System Requirements

Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Available USB port
10 MB free space on hard drive

First Look
MS-3 Mouse is packed in a medium sized white box with a company logo and product name on it.

5xbp.jpg

The back side of the box reveals some features of the mouse containing buttons, comfortable grip, customizable LED’s,instant aim button and the build quality .

i5v1.jpg

The MS-3 Mouse box has a flip cover on the front that reveal the specifications panel and the mouse behind the protective plastic shell.

pd4x.jpg

Along with the mouse the box contains a user manual and a software disc.

bzf1.jpg

Here is our first look at the MS-3, the mouse is really bigger than average.

v8ro.jpg

The MS-3 has matt black finish with a smooth rubberised coating and consists 10 buttons with a unique thumbzone button configuration. The Mouse is pre-installed with 512kb of memory to hold firmware and settings and processor is the WT6573.

5ad3.jpg

With the scroll wheel button mouse has DPI+ and DPI- buttons. Another switch is situated at the edge of the right mouse button which is used to switch profile.

73gd.jpg

The right hand side of the MS-3 has an ergonomically designed finger rest, the grooves provides rest to fingers and makes the MS-3 very comfortable to use.

whn5.jpg

On the left side MS-3 consists of four buttons, two at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. Each of these buttons can be easily access with our thumb.

edtb.jpg

Mouse is loaded with all high grade OMRON buttons for long life span. FUNC is using the Avago ADNS 9500 which supports resolution settings between 90 dpi to 5,670 dpi. The MS-3 also features an adjustable polling rate up to 1000Hz.

da8w.jpg

The Mouse weighs around 127g and doesn’t support a weighting system.

3bn7.jpg

The mouse has four feet underneath to ensure smooth movement on different variety of mousepads.

4kfv.jpg

The FUNC MS-3 Mouse has a long high quality braided cable ending up with gold plated USB port.

blxf.jpg

Hand Grip

I am 5 feet 10 inches in height with a medium sized hands and this is how my hands has grip on this mouse. Hope this gives a fair idea to viewer and readers how it look like in their hands.

kctz.jpg

n7cr.jpg

1jg2.jpg

Software

The MS-3 comes with Software CD that we can use to install the configuration suite. Installation is simple and as far as the software is concerned, it is pretty in-depth, simple to navigate and bright attractive UI.

The MS-3 supports three profiles that can be independently configured and switched to on the fly. The basic settings mode allows us to set three DPI settings and we can also set the independent DPI values for x-y axis. There are also some other options to configure i.e pointer sensitivity, lift off distance, double click, scroll speed, Angle snapping and Pointer Acceleration along with polling rate settings

pg4a.jpg

The next tab consists of the section that allows us to configure 10 different buttons of the MS-3 mouse.

hdlg.jpg

The next tab refers to color settings that offers to select upto 16 million different colours, you can also add a pulse, change the saturation and brightness, and even just turn them off.

8hyk.jpg

The MS-3 also has a Macro editor which is very basic. This editor allows to record and save macros to the onboard memory of the MS-3. We can also assign any macros we create to any of the mouse buttons on the MS-3.

rzkq.jpg

Test Software
· Adobe Photoshop
· Google Chrome
· Resident Evil 6/Battlefield 3

In testing i paired the MS-3 with Razer goliathus and test some handful games like resident evil6/battlefield 3 on it. The mouse is really big, and while it takes some getting used to once my hand had adjusted to it i found that it was a pleasure to use. Gamers with big hands will love it. It`s very comfortable because it supports the whole hand and buttons are well located around the thumb area.

The matt black finish on the MS-3 gives it a clean look and the rubberised coating provides a secure and comfortable grip. The four Teflon feet of the MS-3 allow very smooth mousing over the pad. Once my hand got used to the design and size of the mouse my fingers found a natural resting position on the grooves on the right hand side of the mouse.

I am using this mouse over more than a month and my overall experience was very good. All buttons are in easy to reach places, the software is highly customisable and reasonably quick to respond.

The Good
Excellent button placement
Comfortable shape and desgin
Omron switches
Highly customisable software

The Bad
No weights
Might not be that comfortable with smaller hands

Special thanks to FUNC for providing the review Sample.

Back