FS: RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (16x2) 3600MHz (CL16 / Samsung B Die)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishals

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
NOIDA
Item Condition
5 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Feb 11, 2020
Shipping Charges
Local buyers only
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Lifetime
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Upgraded to 128GB (Needed more RAM for Lab simulations)
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (16x2) 3600MHz
F4-3600C16D-32GTZN
CL16-16-16-36 1.35v
Famous Samsung B-die
Never Overclocked as I'm not into gaming
Expected price 25000 (firm), Local buyers preferred (for now).
Never service'd/RMA'd
Original box available with importer info

I needed more RAM to simulate network labs, initially was trying to find another 32GB kit and upgrade this to 64 but no luck (Samsung B die is extremely hard to find these days in good frequency/timing). This is good chance for gamers to grab this wonderful OC friendly b-die kit.

Use PM for queries.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Invoice_G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600MHz.png
    Invoice_G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600MHz.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 231
  • B-Die Finder.PNG
    B-Die Finder.PNG
    425.5 KB · Views: 169
  • thaiphoon_2.PNG
    thaiphoon_2.PNG
    130.6 KB · Views: 145
  • thaiphoon_1.PNG
    thaiphoon_1.PNG
    140.3 KB · Views: 138
  • CPU-Z_SPD2.PNG
    CPU-Z_SPD2.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 132
  • CPU-Z_SPD1.PNG
    CPU-Z_SPD1.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 143
  • CPU-Z_Mem.PNG
    CPU-Z_Mem.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 139
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 134
full payment received from a TE member
Edit: packed, shipped and delivered at given local contact/address by buyer.

Last edited:
Dont want to crap or anything but same ram 32gb kit cl18 is available for on amazon 15.5k right now and I bought it for 10.4k in Jan this year.

Dont want to crap or anything but same ram 32gb kit cl18 is available for on amazon 15.5k right now and I bought it for 10.4k in Jan this year.
You got extremely lucky mate if you got Samsung B die 32GB at 10.4k. Edit: If you are referring to "F4-3600C18D-32GTZN" on amazon, it's not Samsung B-die and timings aren't that good as well. If you don't mind, can you share thaiphoon results of your kit via PM?

Last edited:
Again, not trying to crap on this thread, But a genuine curiosity to understand the buyers reason for purchase. I recently bought a corsair vengeance 3200hz 64GB kit for 26k. Now coming back to this listing, is the extra 400mhz and slightly better timings, worth paying double for a 2 year old ram. I did check quite a lot of benchmarks and the performance difference between various rams with regards to speed and timings is often negligible or not worth the cost/performance ratio.

That was my indirect question too. I would have posted this just when this thread came up but had no intentions to be blamed for spoiling someones sale!

Last edited:
Guyz, I can't speculate on buyer's reason, he is an established member and upto him if he wants to comment.

However, Samsung B die is the best among DDR4 for low latency, good timings and OC friendly and therefore always has commanded premium, has been priced at premium by the manufacturers themselves. It was at significant premium when I bought it compared to other kits and is still at premium, it's not even available now in high capacity kits otherwise I would have preferred upgrade. You can google more about it, here are first few results from google:

To give you a perspective or personal example - I needed more RAM, when I couldn't find same kit or a 64/128 in b die, I went ahead and purchased below 128GB kit (CL16) from Primeabgb, costed me 73K+ and wait of 1 month (import).

I have a high end cpu/board 3950x/x570, the 128gb kit I purchased is XMP/DOCP certified for 16-22-22-42 at 3600 Mhz and is in qvl list for my board but It failed to boot at these timings on my PC, have tried all basic docp options/profiles (I am not an overclocker so have not touched voltage etc.) but it kept resetting at 3600. It refuses to go above 3200 and that's what I have settled for now (see attached image). Despite such costly kit, it's some crap "hynix" die, a Samsung B die would have had no such issues and infact would have given much better timings.

Anyways, this is not a right thread to discuss these performance vs cost analysis, we are off topic here and should open & discuss it in appropriate section if required.

Attachments

• My 128GB 18_04_22.PNG
    My 128GB 18_04_22.PNG
    352.4 KB · Views: 211
Paid, received. Always great trading with @vishals
Again, not trying to crap on this thread, But a genuine curiosity to understand the buyers reason for purchase. I recently bought a corsair vengeance 3200hz 64GB kit for 26k. Now coming back to this listing, is the extra 400mhz and slightly better timings, worth paying double for a 2 year old ram. I did check quite a lot of benchmarks and the performance difference between various rams with regards to speed and timings is often negligible or not worth the cost/performance ratio.
Buyer here!
The performance difference is pretty much insignificant in real world applications, and negligible in benchmarks. I agree.
And it is most definitely not worth the cost/performance ratio.

But a) as the OP has put it, Samsung B Die is one of only two good options when it comes to tuning/OC'ing memory, and b) that's exactly why I got these. It's more for fun/hobby, than any end use. My current setup is 2x32GB of Corsair Vengeance CL18 3600 at very loose timings - 18-22-22-42. Over 2.5 years of use of this, I've realized I rarely use the 64GB of memory so why not have some fun experimenting with 32GB!

As I said in another thread, I think a lot of us forget that we are on a forum for nerds and enthusiasts! :D If functionality is what we were craving, this is the wrong hobby for it. :dead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back