G1 is the friggin bomb !!

DanDroiD

Skilled
OK I started a new thread but here are some pics as promised. All I can say is... this device is the friggin bomb diggidy bomb......:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Ok so here is how the sale came down... an awesome deal.

Originally I was going to buy the phone at Costco as they had it for the standard $179.00 with 2 year contract. One of the offers that Costco has on any of their phones and carriers is that they will wave any activation charges and take off the rebates at the counter so they are immediate, this can translate into some pretty good savings.

I also wanted to get my wife a Motorola Zine with 5MP Kodak camera but unfortunately they did not have the Motorola Zine because they are only available at the T-Mobile stores atm.

After talking with them over at Costco, I realized I could sign up for the G1 There and get the Zine at the T-Mobile store as a 2ndary line. Soooooo

I called the T-Mobile store with me and explained that I was buying the 1st phone at Costco... but I wanted to get a 2nd Zine at their store etc....

Lo and behold...

"Don't worry sir we will go ahead and match that deal for you and you can get both phones here"

So that is what I planned to do... meanwhile I researched it on the net a bit and found that if you go to Freelancers-Home and sign up as a member, you can get G1 for 139.99 and Zine for 49.00 after 100.00 rebate.

So bottom line.. the T-Mobile guys were really awesome, they ended up giving me the best of both deals and I paid as follows.

(Keeping in mind in the State of CA, they have to charge tax on the non-discounted item.)

I paid $260.00 out the door for both phones, I still get a $100.00 rebate on the Zine AND their current promo which gave us a free companion airline ticket for each phone line we set up (in this case 2) ... good until Feb 2009

Is this cool or what... setup a sequence of join the dots to secure your screen. To unlock just redraw the sequence in the correct order to access phone.

I saw the videos earlier of the phone and it looked really good... I mean the interface...

Congrats for getting such a great deal... Here we would be lucky if we got one of the mobiles for $260...

bootyful! awesome deal dude! shows how much you can get done in the states with a simple phone call. Ive had nothing but a shiv to the crotch with t-mobile, deal-wise. But then again, im terrible at deal hunting for phones.

Whats up with the near-identical photos? are they the different screen brightness settings?

Let us know what noteworthy 3rd party aps you install.

Once again, congrizzle!

Thanks guys :D ... I will have to do a review as soon as I get my fingers all sticky in the gui. Have downloaded a few really cool apps already and will tell you more once I get time for a review.... soonish :p

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
Thanks guys :D ... I will have to do a review as soon as I get my fingers all sticky in the gui. Have downloaded a few really cool apps already and will tell you more once I get time for a review.... soonish :p
Was playing around with one at the Tmo store in Berkeley. It does seem really nice. Congrats! :)

they're selling a "dev" version of the G1 which is supposedly totally open/flashable etc...

@pixelpusher: congrats! is the G1's screen graphics/animations/movements as smooth/responsive as the iPhone/iPodTouch? and is the touchscreen "capacitive" or "resistive"? meaning does it respond to feather touches or do you need to press firmly?

so far i haven't seen (mostly in videos) any other device which can match apple's UI responsiveness... even the nokie 97 demo videos show the UI has jerky movements...

vishalrao said:
they're selling a "dev" version of the G1 which is supposedly totally open/flashable etc...

@pixelpusher: congrats! is the G1's screen graphics/animations/movements as smooth/responsive as the iPhone/iPodTouch? and is the touchscreen "capacitive" or "resistive"? meaning does it respond to feather touches or do you need to press firmly?

so far i haven't seen (mostly in videos) any other device which can match apple's UI responsiveness... even the nokie 97 demo videos show the UI has jerky movements...

Having never had an iphone, I am not sure about the answer to that... but I can tell you it is very responsive, and can give vibrative feedback if set that way....

The motion is very smooth and does not requre more than a feather touch... I have pretty hard calluses on my fingertips and sometime I find I have to be a little careful how I touvh with my big fat fingers :p I like the fact that one can flick in the direction you want to go to for example to go down a page, but touching the screen again will stop it.

Thanks all.. and yes I will give a review once I have used it for a few days and can give a more unbiased view after I have gotten over my puppy love... ina few days or so.. and have had a chance to work/download some more apps.

Back