Monitors G15 LCD Kaput, Help

PhOeNiX

Skilled
Well, my G15 v1 LCD was acting up for the past few days. It first began with no backlight on the LCD (Keys and everything else were fine). No white light to illuminate the LCD. Now today, the entire LCD went blank. Though all other features were working. I opened up the keyboard carefully after looking at a few forums on the disassembling process. And what i found wast hat the ribbon circuit (called the FPCB maybe :huh:) connecting the LCD and the keyboard main circuit was totally cut off into two.

Now is there a possible way to get it repaired or replaced somewhere locally ? The keyboard is out of the warranty period (Nearly 2 years now i guess). I was thinking that the local phone repair folks maybe able to do something, but i am really not sure :(

I think there is an repairing shop at the top of building opposite to Lamington Rd Police Station.

I don't remember his name and all, but will call you with details shortly.

^OK sir. Awaiting your call now :p

Anyone can recommend any replacement keyboards of the same level as the G15 v1? I don't need gaming keys or anything as such, but i need a LCD and a Volume dial (Not keys). Though i am afraid only the G15 has everything i need, still, are there any alternatives ?

Back