User Review Gadgetshieldz Screen protector for Xioami Mi3 review

Hey guys, got Gadgetshieldz screen and body protector and its a very good protection kit which includes protection for both the screen and the rest of the metallic body of the Xioami Mi3. The screen protector is very clear and its almost hard to notice it on the screen unlike other screen protectors. The body protector bends around even the curved edges of the phone and protects the entire back, sides, top and bottom portions.

Got it from Flipkart for Rs.699 but guys don't buy it from there. There's no discount on Flipkart. It's available directly on their website for Rs.560 odd from the below mentioned link after you apply a coupon code adw20 for a 20% discount.

http://www.gadgetshieldz.in/xiaomi-mi-3-screen-protectors-skins-covers-cases.html

I realized this only after I ordered another Gadgetshieldz protector, this time for my Nexus 7 directly from their website and was looking for discount coupons. There's also an option to order them without the installation kit but I would recommend ordering with the kit for easier installation, especially for newbies like me.

Gadgetshieldz protectors come with separate pre-designed films for the screen and the body, a spray bottle with some solution, plastic card kind of thing which they call application squeegee and a cleaniong cloth. Read through the instructions but wasn't convinced that I can apply it. Went to youtube and searched for a few videos of these kind of protectors. Application went off reasonably well except a few blemishes with the body protector.

Application requires patience. You have to spray the solution on the adhesive side of the protectors, then set it on the phone and squeeze out all the excess solution as described in their instructions and then let it dry. Applied the body protector first and then the screen protector. The bubbles took some time to completely go off but the results were fabulous and some images are pasted below. Go for it if you want screen as well as body protection.

Hope you liked the review.

Can anyone with experience of gadget shieldz mention how long this protector is good for until it needs to be replaced/refreshed with another ? (cheap enough, almost any model you can think of they do it and more importantly local so easier to obtain)

How does one handle the more grippy plastic vs more slippery glass feel when swiping.

Reflectivity, does it become like a mirror and adversely affect outdoors legibility.

I've seen numerous posts of how it looks on day 1.

How will gadget shieldz look on day 100 or 300 ?

Last edited:
Can anyone with experience of gadget shieldz mention how long this protector is good for until it needs to be replaced/refreshed with another ? (cheap enough, almost any model you can think of they do it and more importantly local so easier to obtain)

How does one handle the more grippy plastic vs more slippery glass feel when swiping.

Reflectivity, does it become like a mirror and adversely affect outdoors legibility.

I used to have gadgetshieldz on my old Nexus S and I will never use one from them again. The screen guard is not slippery plastic like other plastic screen protectors, it is made of a rubbery plastic kind of material which is soft and thick. Over time the screen guard gets some dents and depressions and using it feels like you are swiping over an orange peel, the softness and the texture due to the dents. Moreover it starts yellowing over time(3 months) and the cut edges start catching dust and lift up. The sad thing is while removal, the back skin peeled off a part of the black glossy finish of the nexus s with it.

You can maybe use it on the back if you plan to never remove it again, but using it on the front will get pretty bad in just a little while.

You installed it yourself? Cos I had some air bubble stuck at the back!!
Yes, applied it myself..initially there were lots of bubbles after squeeging out for 9-10 times..Then I followed the tip they have mentioned in the instructions which was to wrap the plastic card with the included cloth and then doing the squeeging out procedure again. I even sprayed the top of the screen film slightly before squeeging out. I had bubbles but thankfully all of them diminished.

I found the screen to be smooth and slippery and the body protector to be grippy. They use different kind of films for the front and back. I felt the body protector to be more thicker and very grippy which I think is good for holding the phone. The Mi3 before applying the protector was very slippery due to the metallic back. The screen was absolutely smooth. I personally didn't find any friction at all with the touch.

No, it does not become a mirror. It's as reflective as the screen though. There's no matt quality to it. I actually ordered the product since it had the body protection but found the screen to equally good.

I can't comment on how it would look after a period of time. Only time will tell how it holds up. Though I have seen a lot of reviews on flipkart (on their moto g page) praising the quality of the protectors. So I hope it must be good.

I used to have gadgetshieldz on my old Nexus S and I will never use one from them again. The screen guard is not slippery plastic like other plastic screen protectors, it is made of a rubbery plastic kind of material which is soft and thick. Over time the screen guard gets some dents and depressions and using it feels like you are swiping over an orange peel, the softness and the texture due to the dents. Moreover it starts yellowing over time(3 months) and the cut edges start catching dust and lift up. The sad thing is while removal, the back skin peeled off a part of the black glossy finish of the nexus s with it.

You can maybe use it on the back if you plan to never remove it again, but using it on the front will get pretty bad in just a little while.

I am not aware of what kind of protectors they were selling in the days of Google Nexus S as I am using it for the first time and I noticed that the screen and body films are of different varieties. As mentioned above, the screen was thinner and very smooth to the touch. I didn't see any issue with the touch screen at all. I can't comment on the long term use but since the past 3-4 days, it has been without any scratches. On the packaging they mention some kind of self healing technology that self repairs scratches but I can verify their claims only after long term usage.

Yes, it was a while ago. They may have changed them now, but self healing protectors are usually rubbery unless they mean only the back.

I felt the body protector to be more thicker and very grippy which I think is good for holding the phone. The Mi3 before applying the protector was very slippery due to the metallic back. The screen was absolutely smooth.
yes, very desirable to have a grippy phone and between this and say a tpu case, the size remains the same. I'm still leaning on the tpu case because its easier to put on and remove. Will not work if you want to show off your build design though.

I can't comment on how it would look after a period of time. Only time will tell how it holds up. Though I have seen a lot of reviews on flipkart (on their moto g page) praising the quality of the protectors. So I hope it must be good.
yes, they are in the honeymoon stage like you :)

Anyone tried this with a more recent phone say a nexus 4 or 5 or has had these shields on for over six months.

If i dont go for any protection are there any chances of damaging the screen?
I jus screwed one installation and plan to get one next month..But this time i would goto some professional to do same.

If i dont go for any protection are there any chances of damaging the screen?
I jus screwed one installation and plan to get one next month..But this time i would goto some professional to do same.

I found it easy to apply. I don't know if there are professionals who can install these protectors as its a wet application.

As for the chances of damage, even gorilla glasses get scratched. But if you want break protection for the screen, I would suggest going in for a tempered glass for around 1000 Rs. This along with the body protection from gadgetshieldz would work the best if you don't want to hide the Mi3 in any kind of case.

Bryan can you share the link for that tempered glass....I mess up while instalation..was in a hurry and totally messed up.Even touched stopped working.

Back