Galaxy ace vs x5?

Hello, i have a galaxy ace atm. Today a friend asked me if i want to exchange my galaxy ace with his huawei ideos x5. In specs, x5 is without any doubt better. But still to be on the safe side i want some suggestions/advice. So should i keep the ace or go with the exchange?

Oh btw what i dont like about my ace ir the low internal memory,low ram,v.poor battery life. Else its a great phone

P.S - both fones are 2 months old

Huawei Ideos X5 is much better than Galaxy Ace or even Motorola Defy. It has excellent CPU/GPU combo and other features also seems to be good. So as mentioned above, make sure if it is bought in India and does it have warranty?

If it does, then absolutely go for it. Features by Features it is better phone than Ace.

Huawei U8800 IDEOS X5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - GSMArena.com

Another important aspect is the slightly larger screen of the X5(3.8" vs 3.5") and the pixel density which is ~50% higher than Ace (246ppi vs 165ppi)

Also the GPU of the X5 (Adreno 205) is ~2.5-3 times better than the Ace's Adreno 200. Also the processor of X5 supports flash!

So all in all the X5 is much superior. The only -ve is that its not a known brand in India and wide availability of the service centers might be an issue (Metros would be covered i guess)

Huawei is slow in updating their phones/Tablets. Personal experience bought a Ideos S7 (NOT SLIM) in Denver and am still waiting for Froyo update. But you can still get one with modding, if you are into that.

Here is the link that discusses about Gingerbread Update:

Huawei IDEOS X5 - CyanogenMod Forum

Also this phone is capable of being overclocked at 1.6 GHz. Here is the video

nightcrawler123 said:
So i guess i should go with x5?

looking at the specs X5 is just better than Ace in all aspects.

But A.S.S and Resale value Ace is better than X5. If you read through comments in gsmarena, you will come across people gripe about the same.

I will say depends on how long you are planning to use the phone. If you want a long termer go for the x5. If you change phones frequently stay with samsung. Even defy has shockingly poor resale value outside the tech circles.

^^ I think he looked at desiibond's post. It was started by desiibond for recommending Defy and divyesh2129 followed.

But yes, do not worry if it has warranty. Like aka911 said, long term X5 will be better as it is superior in all the ways compared to Ace. The phone is not bad to look at either. You are doing straight trade right? Not paying anything extra on top.

Good Luck

aradhakr84 said:
^^ I think he looked at desiibond's post. It was started by desiibond for recommending Defy and divyesh2129 followed.

But yes, do not worry if it has warranty. Like aka911 said, long term X5 will be better as it is superior in all the ways compared to Ace. The phone is not bad to look at either. You are doing straight trade right? Not paying anything extra on top.

Good Luck
He will pay 1k with his x5 as my ace has 2 back protectors too which i bought,so i'll use that 1k for sd-card and protectors ;-)

You are getting extra money and a good powerful model. Go for it. Just check for any damages before you go ahead with the trade. Maybe there are some hidden damages that you might not know.

desiibond said:
X5 is way better but I would pick Defy over these two. If you want to take risk, grab that X5 but make sure that it is not defective. and check the warranty status etc.

I think I would pick X5 over Defy.

- Great looks
- Android 2.3
- 720p video recording
- Better Adreno 205 GPU
- Slightly bigger screen
- Same price
- CM7 support(plus for Defy too)

Well it depends on your personal preference about the radio. If that is something important, then reconsider. But other than that, the phone is much better in all other departments. Especially the hardware (CPU/GPU), which is more important when you compare the X5 and ace

comp@ddict said:
I think I would pick X5 over Defy.

- Great looks

- Android 2.3

- 720p video recording

- Better Adreno 205 GPU

- Slightly bigger screen

- Same price

- CM7 support(plus for Defy too)

Also the still camera on X5 is better.way better then defy.

Back