Galaxy Fit or Dell XCD 35??

Imrahn

Adept
Which of these is a better option,considering the prices are same? Random usage scenario,nothing geeky but phone features should be strong - like good call quality.Might root and mod when i have time, thats all.

Regards

Imrahn

Get the Dell XCD 35. It has a 3.5" 480*800 screen. 10.5k - 1k -> 9.5k from LetsBuy. Rest of the specs are similar to the LG Optimus One P500 which only has a 3.2" 320*480 screen!

Avoid the Fit. Even though it has a better 5MP camera it has a very poor 3.2" QVGA resolution screen which makes browsing, apps compatibility PITA!

Check the other threads that deals with the Dell XCD35 buying advice. Initially you had to root the phone to unlock the 256MB RAM to 512MB RAM. But recently most of the people who have got it from letsbuy had 512MB available by default :) (420MB user available IINM)

I have same kind of question. But i'm confused between O1 and XCD35. I'm leaning towards O1 primarily because of design and upcoming GB update.

I will not be rooting the phone or installing any custom roms, just the official updates.

I wonder if the high resolution of the screen makes the UI lag on XCD?

Which is a better buy if you're not rooting?

The UI of O1 & xcd 35 menu both are laggy but it doesn't matter at all XCD having advantage of screen so go for xcd with close eye but make sure that has 512 ram & 2.2 froyo than you can easily upgrade to GB & that make a sense.

IMO LG Optimus One is better for the sole reason of Android 2.3 update.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Maya2009 said:
The UI of O1 & xcd 35 menu both are laggy but it doesn't matter at all XCD having advantage of screen so go for xcd with close eye but make sure that has 512 ram & 2.2 froyo thn u can easily upgrade to GB & that make a sense.

Optomius One's Android official update is gonna make the UI better. So O1 has the edge over XCD35 now.

I have used Gingerbread ports for captivate and Vibrant and believe me there is hardly any major difference on which you can base your buying decision. From Eclair to Froyo it was a major jump in feature but not so from 2.2 to 2.3.

bigbyte said:
I have used Gingerbread ports for captivate and Vibrant and believe me there is hardly any major difference on which you can base your buying decision. From Eclair to Froyo it was a major jump in feature but not so from 2.2 to 2.3.
There's noticeable improvement in speed when you update to 2.3

How fluid is the Dell XCD UI to, say, iPhone 3G? I was leaning toward buying a sub-10k phone myself & seeing the Dell officially released the XCD35, it seems to be like a really good option. However, I hate lag in touch screen phone. Is there anyway to fix this lag without going through all the rooting and custom ROM drama? Also how's the battery life?

Ethan_Hunt said:
How fluid is the Dell XCD UI to, say, iPhone 3G? I was leaning toward buying a sub-10k phone myself & seeing the Dell officially released the XCD35, it seems to be like a really good option. However, I hate lag in touch screen phone. Is there anyway to fix this lag without going through all the rooting and custom ROM drama? Also how's the battery life?
After seeing the youtube videos with CM7 installed on XCD 35, I can say there was no noticeable lag at all

Back