Budget 20-25K Galaxy s2 query

A friend is looking to buy an unlocked galaxy s2 off ebay from this seller

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-Or...80541?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item20d0505add

wondering if both 2g and 3g would work fine on this since the basebands mentioned are a little confusing. anyone has prior experience with these s2 parallel imports?

HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 1900 - for Telus

@Xavier need inputs

in the specifications, it says :

ENERAL 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 1900 - for Telus
SIM Mini-SIM

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as this is the I9100 and not any of the multiple international variants that the S2 has, it should work just fine. The Telus part is probably nothing since the Telus (Canadian carrier) version is completely different from the I9100 in every possible way. If this were the Telus version, it would have a 4.52 inch screen with no physical home button, larger battery and a Qualcomm processor. Since everything else mentioned on the specifications are identical to that of the I9100, your friend should do just fine. However, it wouldn't hurt to contact the dealer via mail or phone once before buying it.

Btw, any reason why he wants to go for the S2 and not any other phone in this price range? A Galaxy Nexus or an Xperia S could be procured for the same amount but I admit the S2 has its own charm when it comes to its camera + expandable storage.

Btw, any reason why he wants to go for the S2 and not any other phone in this price range? A Galaxy Nexus or an Xperia S could be procured for the same amount but I admit the S2 has its own charm when it comes to its camera + expandable storage.

+1
Get the xperia s, it has a really good camera with good low light performance and a faster processor and better screen resolution. You can get the xperia s for 20k on ebay. Its got 32GB of internal storage, so i think that'll be enough for most people!

Back