Android Galaxy watch 4 with lg g8x thinq - Notification issues - most probably phone related

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
I have gone all the troubleshooting and ultimately found out that after a disconnection or restart the watch stops showing notifications for sms or whatsapp or some other apps, but does show call notifications...

Notifications don't start until I go into special access for apps in my lg g8x thinq and disable and enable the galaxy manager app for notifications..

I was advised to reset the phone but I am lazy and can't go through with the headache...

I have disabled or Uninstalled many apps via adb to preserve battery so must be so eyhong to do with that..

Anyway to fix???

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120-150445.png
    Screenshot_20230120-150445.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20230120-150452.png
    Screenshot_20230120-150452.png
    75 KB · Views: 70
On the Lg 8x restart wifi. This will hopefully fix any BT hiccups

Long shot <shrug>
My phone restarts at 4am, so I guess that should have worked.
For now just after switching on the watch in the morning ( I dont wear it while sleeping, rather switch it off at bed time) I just toggle the special access > notification access > to galaxy watch4 manager and all goes well afyervthat till the next morning

I am facing the same issue and after multiple visits to the Samsung showroom, they were unable to pinpoint the exact issue. I am about to replace my watch so I can know if the issue is with this aprticular device.

I am facing the same issue and after multiple visits to the Samsung showroom, they were unable to pinpoint the exact issue. I am about to replace my watch so I can know if the issue is with this aprticular device.
Reset your phone, that should solve it..

At my end as I am far too lazy to reset and set everything afresh, I have found a way out.

Every morning when I switch on my watch( my phone is also restarted automatically once in the morning) and I turn BT on my lg g8x thinq, I straightaway go to settings > search > special access > notification access > galaxy watch4 manager > and I toggle the plugin off and on, and viola till the next phone or watch restart the watch remains connected no matter what...

This seems to be a phone issue as far as my use case scenario goes...

You can try that at your end too..

All the best

Helli again
Digging tgis threading of grave again..
This is frustrating really
I just reset my phone yesterday and didn't even restore and backup, so it's as fresh as new- but the notification issue is still there...

Had anyone been able to find any solution ... ?

Helli again
Digging tgis threading of grave again..
This is frustrating really
I just reset my phone yesterday and didn't even restore and backup, so it's as fresh as new- but the notification issue is still there...

Had anyone been able to find any solution ... ?
I still have to daily disable and enable notification access to galaxy watch 4 manager in my lg g8x thinq for notifications to work on the watch 4...

Is there a way out
Thanks

Back