Game Based Movies

Well as i just messed up- with the torrent thread, i thought i'd let every body know what game based movies are on the way.

Currently In Production!

(Please note that the following list consists of titles currently in production. However, the projects are subject to change and may not reflect latest developments. Some titles may be on-hold for the time being and will resume progression on a later date. If you would like further information regarding a title, please request for citation.)

Alice (2007)
Alone in the Dark 2 (2009)
BloodRayne II: Deliverance (2007)
Castlevania (2007)
Citizen Siege (2009)
Clannad (2007)
Clock Tower (2008)
Cold Fear (2008)
Death, Jr. (TBA)
Devil May Cry (2010)
Doom 2 (TBA)
Driver (2008)
EverQuest (TBA)
Far Cry (2008)
Fear Effect (2008)
Gears of War (2009) - On March 21, 2007, IGN reported[1] that New Line Cinema had officially required rights to adapt the Microsoft title for the big screen.
God of War (2007)
Halo (2008)
Hitman (2007)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (2009) - On February 12, 2007, Variety.com reported[2] that Lions Gate had purchased the rights to release a live-action take on the video game. Further details stated that Adrian Askarieh and Daviel Alter were set to produce the project. The two producers are also billed to handle the live-action Hitman movie, another Io Interactive/Eidos franchise.
Kameo (2007)
Max Payne (2007)
MechWarrior (TBA)
Metal Gear Solid (2009)
Mortal Kombat: Devastation (2010)
Onimusha (2008)
Postal (2007)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2008)
Rainbow Six (2008)
Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
Silent Hill 2 (2008)
Siren (2007)
Soul Calibur (2007)
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (2007)
Splinter Cell (2010)
Street Fighter (2008)
The Suffering (2007)
Tekken (2007)
Tomb Raider III (TBA)
The Unforgettable (2008)
WarCraft (2008)

Development Hell!

(Please note that the following list consists of film adaptations that are currently either on an unknown or cancelled status. It is cautioned that some of the projects may still be in production; however, lack of recent updates may lead some to challenge a project's state of progression. If you would like further details regarding a project, please request for citation.)

American McGee's Oz & Grimm (TBA)
Area 51 (TBA)
Crazy Taxi' (TBA)
Darkwatch: Curse of the West (TBA)
Deus Ex (2006) - Cancelled in May 2004 according to IMDb.
Diablo (TBA)
Duke Nukem: The Movie (2007)
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (TBA)
Fatal Frame (2006)
Fear & Respect (2005)
The Getaway (2004)
Half-Life (TBA)
Hunter: The Reckoning (2007)
Metroid (2006)
Nightmare Creatures (TBA)
Pac-Man (TBA)
Perfect Dark (TBA)
Psi-Ops (TBA)
Quake (TBA)
Resident Evil IV (2009)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (TBA)
Vampire: The Requiem (TBA)
Source:Game Based Movies.

Some of these movies are set for 2007, we haven't heard nothing about them, i dont think this source is 100% reliable!:p

Wow,thx for the info dude..

As for the movie far cry,postal,alone in the dark 2..you can forget abt it since it's being directed by uwe boll.But why in the hell would someone wanna make a doom 2 movie since the first one was crap :huh: .As for hitman,they had released some pics of the movie and OMG!! the guy who is acting as 47 doesn't even look like him..he looks too cheerful :rofl: .Rainbow six could be like the SWAT movie.

Looking forward to MGS,Gears of war,Halo.It's been a long time since there was any info on the new mortal kombat movie but seeing it's release date,I guess tht's the reason there's no info.

Now why in the hell would someone wanna make a half-life movie,it's good to leave it as a game since the last thing I need is some buffoon to screw the movie,the same goes for resident evil 4.

The winner in tht whole list goes to Pac-man,how are they gonna create tht movie boggles my mind :p

Also can't wait to see who's gonna act as Jin in the tekken movie

madmonkey said:
The winner in tht whole list goes to Pac-man,how are they gonna create tht movie boggles my mind :p
HaHaHa! I never saw that before, *how the hell in "GODS" name are they going to make a movie of this?*

Well alls i can say is, bring on MGS!!!

Thats the only movie i'm looking forward to outta all those, Oh and hitman, Madmonkey, you said they have pics of Hitman, where can i find them??

I know, whos playing him*according to IMDB* its Timothy Olyphant

And yeah, he really doesnt suite being hitman!! i would of chose vin diesel! or jason statham... *baldies:p*...:p

Chow,

MaconiE

madmonkey said:
Wow,thx for the info dude..

As for the movie far cry,postal,alone in the dark 2..you can forget abt it since it's being directed by uwe boll.But why in the hell would someone wanna make a doom 2 movie since the first one was crap :huh: .As for hitman,they had released some pics of the movie and OMG!! the guy who is acting as 47 doesn't even look like him..he looks too cheerful :rofl: .Rainbow six could be like the SWAT movie.

Looking forward to MGS,Gears of war,Halo.It's been a long time since there was any info on the new mortal kombat movie but seeing it's release date,I guess tht's the reason there's no info.

Now why in the hell would someone wanna make a half-life movie,it's good to leave it as a game since the last thing I need is some buffoon to screw the movie,the same goes for resident evil 4.

Also can't wait to see who's gonna act as Jin in the tekken movie
Doom The Movie was really really bad but I have to say I loved the first person sequence in the middle. :ashamed: :D

Everyone thinks so because of the transporter . true even i agree to that .

i personally think HL2 is kickass movie material . that has everything . story , action everything .

dipen01 said:
for Hitman.... Jason Statham would have been the best pick...

Good Man!

Jason Statham, would of rock as "Hitman," the transporter was an ace movie, i didn't rate the second one very much ut the first one was really entertaining, Oh and i loved crank!

Doom the movie stank! i went to the cinema watching this and half way though i practically went to sleep!:p

I'm looking forward to MGS!

His acting in 'CHAOS' was also good..!! ;)

the directors second choice was Vin Diesel...now as it turned out..even that idea was cancelled

I haven't seen that, takeing a look at the trailer now though!:p:D

Looks good!

I'll have to get that!:p:D

Yeah, vin diesel was cancelled, i remember being on IMDB and it stating vin diesel to play agent 47, then it changed, i was like :mad:!:p

MaconiE said:
HaHaHa! I never saw that before, *how the hell in "GODS" name are they going to make a movie of this?*

Well alls i can say is, bring on MGS!!!

Thats the only movie i'm looking forward to outta all those, Oh and hitman, Madmonkey, you said they have pics of Hitman, where can i find them??

I know, whos playing him*according to IMDB* its Timothy Olyphant

And yeah, he really doesnt suite being hitman!! i would of chose vin diesel! or jason statham... *baldies:p*...:p

Chow,

MaconiE

Apologies for the late reply,the pics to the hitman movie are in this link..there are only 2 pics.

Bang Bang: Early Look at Hitman Movie - Kotaku

Maybe they are going for more a twisted feel for 47,like when he's strangling people and smiling at the same time :rofl:

IMO the Hitman movie will go down the drain with such a bland actor!!!

Also my personal wish to SONY would be to please dont screw up with GOD OF WAR......Cos I think there is no actor who can do a KRATOS.....PLZ make an animated movie with lots of hack n slash.....the animation flick will do much better than real movie.....even if the animation is of the same quality(i.e. High res FMV sequences in the game) it would suffice!!!!

Wat say???

madmonkey said:
Apologies for the late reply,the pics to the hitman movie are in this link..there are only 2 pics.

Bang Bang: Early Look at Hitman Movie - Kotaku

Maybe they are going for more a twisted feel for 47,like when he's strangling people and smiling at the same time :rofl:

Its ok buddy!:p this guy who plays him doesnt suit him at all! i dont think this movie will be as suspense as the game, tehy never are!:p the game had a dark feel to it, especially contracts, although this game was much like an adaption to silent assasain! the music and the way the movies and characters where presented, was awesome. it gave a bad-vibe feel to the game, i thought contracts was a really good game, alot of people will disagree, but what the heck its [IMO]!:p

i would of thought the producers would of found more of a bad-azz character!

anyways he will have to do, i dont believe one slight bit this movie will fail, i have faith!:p:D but on the other hand, *if it does* well it'll be because of that over-joyfull non-agent 47 looking happy guy who plays him,:p

Yeah,the soundtrack of contracts was awesome..especially the menu music,you have to wait a little for the real music to start in tht.

Though I didn't feel tht much excited when playing blood money..the only part tht I like was the ending at the funeral..didn't know you could control him at tht time :p

I was also waiting eagerly for the Hitman movie to come out but now after seeing who they got to play the lead...all i can say is...yuck!

Wow...that guy is dumb :rofl: I would have prefered someone like Guy Pearce.

And comeon guys, show some imagination :p Diesel and Statham? You know that the razor has been invented? :bleh:

Back